It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chaffetz: Oversight Committee sending referral to FBI to probe Clinton testimony

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Chaffetz: Oversight Committee sending referral to FBI to probe Clinton testimony

The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee will send a referral to the FBI on Thursday to investigate Hillary Clinton's testimony under oath last October with respect to statements about the setup of her private email server.

FBI Director James Comey told Chairman Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) that he did not recall reviewing Clinton's testimony to the House Benghazi Committee in which she declared to Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) that "[t]here was nothing marked classified on my e-mails, either sent or received."

"I'm aware of that being said though," Comey said.

Asked whether the FBI had investigated that and other relevant statements, Comey responded, "Not to my knowledge. I don't think there's been a referral from Congress."

"Do you need a referral from Congress to investigate her statements under oath?" Chaffetz asked, to which Comey responded, "Sure do."

With a chuckle, Chaffetz said, "You'll have one. You'll have one in the next few hours."

Read more: www.politico.com...
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

So we can separate the 2 investigations, the no charges and the newest investigation of perjury. I said it before and I will say it again. Clinton pulled a Nixon. Nixon didnt get in trouble for the break in and its surrounding crimes.

What brought Nixon down was the lies.

I think Hillary just went down that road.

Question to all
Finally how could all of this been avoided?

During Clinton's term as Secretary of State why was the position of Inspector General left unfilled?

Source

There was no permanent, Senate-confirmed inspector general at any point during Clinton’s tenure at State. Despite its own repeated pledges of transparency and bipartisan pleas from Congress, the Obama administration declined to nominate an official IG until five months after Clinton had left office. By then, she had become the only secretary of state to serve without the oversight of a permanent inspector general since the position was created in 1957.

Read more at: www.nationalreview.com...

edit on 8-7-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The only people pushing this forward are Republicans because they want to win. They don't care about any of these things.

Anyone who thinks they do this because they care is, misled, to say the least.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Or it could be she lied to Congress when she testified.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

The only ones being partisan are the Democrats who are protecting a criminal just because she is a Democrat.

The rest of the people (who care enough to pay attention), regardless of party affiliation or lack of affiliation, are using common sense and see her for what she is. And we do not need a criminal running our country.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

But... whom else?

Oh right, Jill Stein!
Thats fantastic, I knew we both would come to the same conclusion!

She is a perfect candidate!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

The only people pushing this forward are Republicans because they want to win. They don't care about any of these things.

And the Democratic Party is protecting the Criminal in Chief wannabe Hillary
Works both ways

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

What a crock of crap!

I have dozens of left wing friends who are also wanting to see this pushed forward, because they care about integrity in government, unlike yourself.

I myself am far from left wing, but it doesn't matter because when integrity of government is a concern, that concern must always be NON-PARTISAN for the good of all, not just one side. DO YOU UNDERSTAND??

When the above is not the case in the minds of all sides, you are inviting the ruination of a country, and that will be guaranteed to harm your future kids, and their kids. But it looks like you could care less about that because the illusion of being on a winning SIDE is more important to you. There should only be ONE side in this country as far as integrity and respect for the laws go. Hillary is spitting in your eyes and you believe her when she says its just raining. Time to wake up

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Here is a question for everyone, especially supporters of Clinton -

During Clinton's term as Secretary of State why was the position of Inspector General left unfilled?

Could it be an IG would have the authority to investigate what Clinton was doing and could access records / emails / etc leading to the discovery of an illegal server that contained classified (various levels) information? Or because she was doing business on behalf of the Clinton Foundation?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

The only ones being partisan are the Democrats who are protecting a criminal just because she is a Democrat.

The rest of the people (who care enough to pay attention), regardless of party affiliation or lack of affiliation, are using common sense and see her for what she is. And we do not need a criminal running our country.

Precisely this right here!!!

I hope that we get much more coverage of these continuing investigations.

She is guilty and that has been established, time for this to be accepted and her political career to end.

The DNC and GOP are obvious failures, time for the Green Party and the Libertarian Party to shine.

I mean honestly how man people on both sides are simply voting for Trump or Hillary due to fear, sometimes I like to imagine that people will actually vote for people whose policies they enjoy and character they can actually get behind!

We can only hope some tragedies do not happen that take all attention away from the proceedings.... turns to the news.....S***!!!
edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago07America/Chicago731amFriday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

top topics

join