It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lack of gay James Bond movies proves Hollywood is homophobic!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: GemmyMcGemJew
a reply to: secretboss

Is captain america next? She-man and the masters of the universe?

A gay captain America sounds fabulous! Sure, why not?

whats wrong with ending homophobia?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

It has been talked about.

I see Bond as a code name for 007 many different agents all given the number and the name.
I would love to see Edris Elba as Bond.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

I just can't see who would try to sell it to a producer lol. It would be like trying to make a Lassie film with a cat.

INDEED! LOLOLOLOLOL.

Now you'll have all the cat fanciers down your throat!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Yea Homophobic hollywood... making all kinds of gay content but because they wont do James that way, they are homophobic? Flawed logic.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   

I was about to go to sleep, but saw this thread on my phone and just had to take a moment to point out how....
Ridiculous you sound.

If you aren't trolling, know that this is extremely degrading to homosexual men.

To think that gay men need a "strong sexual man" to represent them in a James bond film just furthers the narrative of bigots who think gay men are "sissy weaklings", and need to be more like the "big, seemingly straight guy" in movies.

You think you're part of the solution?

No, my friend, you are part of the problem.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Maybe. It is posssible to write one. I don;t watch james Bond films since Roger Moore anyway.

it really doesn;t match the genre, though.

I just watched a video though, explaining how all the Bond's are not the same person. They couldn't possibly be. They are a series of highly trained spies taking the name, James Bond. The only thing I think that would exclude is a woman.

edit on 8-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

Every time I read something like this, I'm reminded of that fiercely flaming gay activist 2-3 decades ago . . . who ranted that "THEY" were:

--coming for your husbands,
--coming for your sons,
--coming for your brothers

. . . to indoctrinate them; seduce them; turn them gay etc. etc. etc.

Of course, that was before the UNscientific propaganda about it all being genetic/hormonal etc.

Sigh.

I think most people are live and let live until they start feeling like it's being

LITERALLY SHOVED down their throats; up their rears; in their ears and up their noses. At some point, most any sane bloke not given to that orientation is going to go . . .

ENOUGH ALREADY YET!

Of course, with lots of "IN-GROUPS" vs "OUT-GROUPS"

it's NEVER enough.

Particularly when the oligarchy is playing that tune for its own mangling purposes and merely mercilessly USING the gay folks as manipulative tools on the culture.

edit on 8/7/2016 by BO XIAN because: fix tag

edit on 8/7/2016 by BO XIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   

I get it, but my own opinion is this: James Bond, shagmeister, license to kill, loads of gadgets, masculine. No problem with his ethnicity, he has been Australian and Irish so whatever, no worries. black white or green, all the same to me but...

Should we remake Philadelphia and have the character of Andrew Becket changed to a straight lawyer...what would that even mean then?

Frank'n'furter, shall we make him a lorry driver from wapping who farts and loves page 3 girls?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Are you implying it is a choice to be gay that genetics and such is not part of it?.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Yes on the second movie
. It sounds fun.
edit on 8-7-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: seaswine

Now we'll likely see the strong, masculine, sexy men wailing that you are trashing THEM!

LOLOLOL.

Sigh.

link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

Every time I read something like this, I'm reminded of that fiercely flaming gay activist 2-3 decades ago . . . who ranted that "THEY" were:

--coming for your sons,

Of course, that was before the UNscientific propaganda about it all being genetic/hormonal etc.

Sigh.

I think most people are live and let live until they start feeling like it's being

LITERALLY SHOVED down their throats; up their rears; in their ears and up their noses. At some point, most any sane bloke not given to that orientation is going to go . . .

ENOUGH ALREADY YET!

it's NEVER enough.

Particularly when the oligarchy is playing that tune for its own mangling purposes and merely mercilessly USING the gay folks as manipulative tools on the culture.

And at one point you made normal threads and posts. I can clearly rememebr it. Now you are saying 'Gay stuff' is being shoved down your throat. It's odd.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Yeah Sigmund would say alot about his post there.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

Yeah Sigmund would say alot about his post there.

Yes. I had a lot of angles to go with. I picked the least 'intrusive' one.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I'm not aware of a single solid scientific study affirming a

DNA even component as a cause of homosexuality.

The early studies that a number of gay researchers did were later discovered to be fraudulent with jury-rigged data. And EVEN THEN they did NOT show that. The media just hyped that they did.

It is possible that there is SOME 5-20% contribution from EPIGENETIC factors and hormonal factors. But that's as far as the science has contributed, the last I looked at it, to such causes of homosexuality. The vast bulk of the contribution STILL appears to be early childhood factors--particularly for THE VAST MAJORITY of men involved.

Propaganda is not good science.

It is more blather from the Religion of Scientism.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: BO XIAN

--coming for your sons,

Sigh.

ENOUGH ALREADY YET!

it's NEVER enough.

And at one point you made normal threads and posts. I can clearly rememebr it. Now you are saying 'Gay stuff' is being shoved down your throat. It's odd.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wasn't being derogatory about gayness.

PS, I just think it's funny that hollywood is churning out a ton of gay content but because they haven't done so to james bond, the OP thinks it's homophobia, which is wrong.
edit on 8-7-2016 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Ahhh welll . . . up in the middle of my night and feeling a bit fiesty . . . and this topic just struck me in an ornery kind of way.

Which obviously can result in my being VERY careless about my metaphors! LOLOL.

Sigh.

edit on 8/7/2016 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Look, it is mostly nature and some nurture, maybe. Going back over poor studies is nio help to anyone here or elsewhere.

It is not a choice. I am straight and I will say thay being gay is 100% not a choice. Just like being straight is not a choice.

If you, BO XIAN, prefer to be way behind the rest of us in knowing this, that's fine.

Eventually, in the end, you will answer to someone.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I want a fair representation of reality, LGTB are what 3% of the world population? with all the news, topics and what not it seems there is an over representation of that particular minority alredy
edit on 8-7-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

The trouble is

your assertions are

JUST NOT SCIENTIFICALLY VALID.

Your assertions are far more evidence of politics and propaganda than solid scientific studies.

And it is NOT 100% GENETIC/HOMONAL FACTORS--not by a wide margin.

However, I don't have a burning desire to drag out all the studies and data so, by all means, continue believing the propaganda.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join