It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what Americans will look like by 2050 - National Geographic (PIC in link)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   
9% – whites
17% -blacks
26% – Hispanics
and 28% – Asians

OddmeNot

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Your thread title implies that the statistics you present have something to do with National Geographic. They don't.

Here is the National Geographic article.

The U.S. Census Bureau has collected detailed data on multiracial people only since 2000, when it first allowed respondents to check off more than one race, and 6.8 million people chose to do so.

ngm.nationalgeographic.com...

edit on 7/8/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
The article is subscription based.. Anyway not that it matters. I didn't not believe those stats.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Here ya go.... I was able to get a quick screen cap before the subscription banner popped up if anyone was wondering. I didn't post the original topic, just trying to help out...

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Jettrocker
The statistics do not come from National Geographic. The National Geographic article is about the increasing number of people who consider themselves to be multiracial.

In lieu of any opinion or comment offered by the OP, I think the OP thinks that's bad.

edit on 7/8/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: lorimccaskell

Asians, which include the people of India and China already approximately account for upwards of 60% of the world population at present.

(You may have to subtract Russians and other peoples that live in Asia from these stats.)

You can also say American Indians and 'Hispanics' are also Asian since their ancestors crossed the Bering Strait from Asia.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   

That explains the push for self driving cars.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

That explains the push for self driving cars.

Thanks for that comment. I just had a nice laugh and must clean water from my desk.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   
As a straight white male I will put this down to the Western women simply letting themselves go all whist screaming feminist at the top of their lungs.

There was a famous thread from many years ago from a chat board it ended up with replies in the thousands regarding why Men (American?) where so unhappy in their relationships/marriages and the general consensus was that the "modern American" women was to blame with all the copious wants and must haves.

No wonder white guys are dating Asian women at the rate they are... Hence the spike you will see in the future

RA

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I thought this was going to be an infographic on how fat humans are getting compared to the thin muscular look our ancestors had due to having to work for everything they needed.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It looks like the 20% ers are ethereal beings...interesting...or maybe the 20% has been put aside for alien contact.

edit on 8-7-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Jettrocker
The statistics do not come from National Geographic. The National Geographic article is about the increasing number of people who consider themselves to be multiracial.

In lieu of any opinion or comment offered by the OP, I think the OP thinks that's bad.

Cynical part of me says how can you not think it's bad? Do you want the USA to turn into Mexico?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: lorimccaskell
9% – whites
17% -blacks
26% – Hispanics
and 28% – Asians

OddmeNot

So, that accounts for 80%... What about the other 20%? I'm not entirely sure this article was professionally written...
edit on 7/8/2016 by Jekka because: percentages

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Jekka

The other 20% are people who identify as "white" but cannot be categorized as white by chuckleheads and peckerwoods because they have at least one drop of non-white blood.

In other words, the OP is FOS.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

You registered today just to post this? Hummmm...This call for a conspiracy. Have at 'em folks.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

My wife is from the Philippines and could not be happier.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I don't think anything is wrong with the article. Mixed couples are becoming more acceptable than ever before, unless you're in the deep south. And in time that will even change. It's not saying you should marry outside your race, but maybe your kids will and so on. But then people will just find something else to separate us

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
You just described both conservatives and progressives. People tend to ignore how similarly they act.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
and one more thing , Pretty sure people look like this right now...

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Same here and it was one of the best choices of my life. I embrace diversity aND think it only makes us better

top topics

<<   2 >>

join