It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black tilt rotor over the uk?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Right now there are no plans for the UK to get any.

Plus they have an affinity to the Chook...

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
We have a few around here..Cosford is near to me..I used to work at Cosford as an instructor in the RAF a few years ago and one of my jobs was piloting the Jet Provosts we used as an instructional airframe around the pans for the students to practice see ins, see offs and flight servicings on!

Someone came up with the bright idea of carrying out a formation taxi of 9 aircraft in diamond nine formation down the main runway with a UAS Grob flying overhead taking a video of the whole thing!!

All nine aircraft taxied out in line astern then formed up at the end of the runway in diamond formation then "thundered" down the runway in perfect position then went in line astern again off the main runway to the pan..even had the flight lead say "flaps down..go" to which we all lowered our flaps too..apparently it looked very impressive...the video turned out great with the diamond nine looking stunning from above..don't know where the vid is now..probably on a shelf somewhere in JSOP at RAF Cosford..! All the spotters and visitors to the Museum must of wondered what the hell was going on!!! Good times a reply to: TigStar82

edit on 10-7-2016 by Silentvulcan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I have just read the Bell Helicopter Company have its V-280 in the UK for a Farnborough demonstration. I hope that helps.
edit on 11-7-2016 by buddah6 because: AGE, PAIN MEDS and BAD MEMORY!

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Loque76
I remember reading the SAS have been using them in London for anti terror drills (can't vouch for the color though).

Don't the SAS have a base in Stirling? - if so maybe they were training.

Perhaps confirming these two statements together might give you your answer.

Scratch that about Stirling - i think thats incorrect.
formed by a man called Stirling think that is where you are getting mixed up. They have open access to any MOD site in the UK and are usually put straight to the front of the que for access to ranges and training areas.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join