It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is being love supposed to be like?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
As opposed to arranged marriages?

Should the foundation of union be based in friendship?
What is true friendship?
How do you know for sure, these things?
Is love butterfly in stomach?
Or many fleeting moths?
Why falling in love gives you the butterflies
The questions of childhood, not simply a chemical reaction when science meets spirit..?
Happy Friday, may venus find her match.
Sometimes you meet love in a dream...
Love
Contemplating this

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

my only true love was torn away from me,that I can never do again,but being servant to all and master of none isnt a bad second.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Being in love is not supposed to be like any one thing. Some love is forged in a crucible of hatred and anger, not between the participants, but their social groups, or during wars and times of great chaos, flinging people together, trying to tear them apart, the process kneading and crushing emotions until all that remains in two people is a determination to be together, to let the world burn or quench as long as they remain connected.

We once thought that life could only flourish in locations which had a fairly narrow set of resources. Sunlight, air, and the like. We now know that much of what we thought about what life is and where it can be found is erroneous, that life can flourish in the most insane locations and situations, locations in which we thought it would be impossible. Even now, with all our science and technological mastery, we are still being astounded at the number of places and ways life expresses itself as a force on our world, and one day, I hope, we may discover it in other places too.

Like life, love flourishes in circumstances far broader in description than most people account for, and it is not a simple thing, but a complicated one. The answer to your question therefore, is that love does not feel like one thing for everyone. It effects people differently, changes them, makes them more than they were, but more than that, no one can say what it feels like to be in love. They can only tell you what it feels like for them.

For my part, when I am in love it feels like my body is trying to fly apart at the seams, while at the same time being crushed and smeared against the face of the world by its weight. Amongst that confusion is an overriding knowledge, that come hell or high water, I could demolish empires and raise new ones in a day, such is the vigour that love gives me, such is the energy and passion I am filled with by it, although it has been some time... Perhaps age and a wiser head will see that particular description change over time?

Complicated questions tend to result in complex answers

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum sounds difficult, now I tend to earthen planet, trees, roots, water and clovers. Its that feeling I get seeing a beautiful red rose, loving it though tearing it to bits.
Maybe I say away from those flowers, now...I love heather,
Believed to hold protective power, Heather~.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit isn't it silly trying to conquer love energy and emotions just get on in this world... move on into pure logic?
I know I love my big bro and will see him live once more, he hated any form of affection, like me resting my brain on his shoulder or holding his hand, ewe...i'm his sister.. not all love is romance, yet strong the same.
Thanks for taking time, here, in this thread.🎁

edit on 8-7-2016 by peppycat because: edit for reasoning

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Here is how I feel,
Love is a mustard plant,
Faith in water.

Organic gardening, component, How to grow mustard
Grows wild?
edit on 8-7-2016 by peppycat because: link

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Pure logic would see most run from love, regardless of how good it MIGHT be, because of the overwhelming probability that it will wind up upside down and on fire! Hehe!

No, love is an illogical thing, and the only thing so illogical, that one should embrace at every possible opportunity!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit fire? You crack me over the head with your writing... just being silly, asked mean good looked fella to break a bottle over my skull and he said no. You tube here I come.

edit on 8-7-2016 by peppycat because: invincability ... real or not?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I have been hit over the head with a bottle before, repeatedly. I can assure you it is no fun, and neither are the stitches one tends to need afterward. Avoid it if possible!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit thanks, kids might read this... no harming one another!πŸŽƒ

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Warm and fuzzy?

Is this a trick question?

Great topic.

Maybe when I get up for the day, I'll have something more fitting to add.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

more we try to describe it, more we are getting confused
more we try to find it with words, more difficult it will be to recognize it

but anyway, here i go ...

giving but not expecting
desiring but not willing
asking but not demanding
arguing but not fighting

nothing to forgive, nothing to forget
nothing to fix, nothing to change
i will be me, you will be you

when united we are in ecstasy
love and free ...

we be.
edit on 1467985096738July387383116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN trick question? Conforming to since of logic... no love, I'm a robot... fooled you?πŸ’ŒπŸ£πŸ•
Sorry, just pondering weather it is real or not.
Look forward to things, crazy things... sorry I learned English from movies and TV... haven't opened a paper book in years, tried to purchase a morning paper...I love paper, miss it so.
So you know what is love of material things, possession...?
Some things one very being holds too dear, and I went and threw out my life's work.
Nothing was ever good enough for my habib.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
When you see your love, and everything seems fuzzy around the edges except for them. They seem superimposed upon the background, which is YOUR life. When you feel a smile growing on your lips without you willing it. When you lay down at night with them and feel safe. When you know you are loved as much as you love them. When you know for certain that they'd go to the wall for you, do anything to keep you alive, to keep you well, to protect you.

I feel that way, and I've been married for 26 years. She still got it.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

True friendship is giving without expecting in return. You want to do things with them, because you want to. You respect their boundaries (IE: No-touch rule on a female friend). You (or they) are besides you in the pouring rain helping you hold down a tent, attend your concerts even if they hate the music, or even help you move your stuff at 2:00am.

True love, on the other hand, is unconditional - It's as if someone has shined a warming heat lamp on you. You want said other person to be safe, regardless of whether or not it's with you or someone else. Your day is dull and dark when they aren't there. I've only felt it once - and it hasn't been with any of my ex-gfs.

Also, one does not need to be married to find their life-partner; there's plenty of ways to show you love them outside of marriage.
-fossilera

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I may not reply directly, although, of course I appreciate most kindly all replies.
Here is a male I felt embarrassing love for, I decided to keep a secret,

Maybe I am really shy and private sort,
My dad gave me a post card with the image of the music, so enchanting..I wrote I love you and set it high in living room where know one could read it and then felt I should take that down... too intimate/personal..love is sometimes.
It was the music..not the image..made me feel, love...

top topics

join