It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free advice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
It’s like you read and watch the news. Go on this site and others to mess around
Go do your job…your chores, talk to friends, mess around with the wife, or husband or girl—boyfriend, whatever… do this and that around the neighborhood and one time you go to the news and something happens.

A live shooter…a cop kills a black man…an ISIS nut goes off, another day or so another killing here and there… a kid gets abused… a vicious crime goes down...then another ISIS nut gets loose…then a spree killer goes berserk and kills tens…on and on and on…

One needs to start taking long periods off the grid…No newspapers…internet...even just for minutes at a time first...
No news, no nothing…read a book…do some meditation…go to the movies (NO SCRATCH THAT) unless you’re armed and have a bullet proof vest.

Go to the mountains or something…a lake and think…Go Fishing and leave the smart phone home…go for a walk…play some tennis…some basketball….a jog...help a kid with his homework

Leave the ear phones and iphones home for that period

That’s what I’m going to start doing.

There driving us nuts or nuttier

It’s heating up too much

It’s a time to cool

peace out

peace

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Always a good idea.
Or you can put your phone and tablet in airplane mode and disable the Internet. I do that sometimes. Leave the tv off or keep it on a no news channel

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Always a good idea.
Or you can put your phone and tablet in airplane mode and disable the Internet. I do that sometimes. Leave the tv off or keep it on a no news channel

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Haha, I'm on a road trip across the country. But I took wife's phone and am cheating with ats lol. At least I can enjoy stars. I don't see them like this in Florida often

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell It's all like a big whirlwind. A huge whirlpool. Things are blowing by us like a runaway carrousel. It's like a vortex of madness. It may be ostrich time. Ostrich Time.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I didn't even know about these most recent events this morning, but I woke up and didn't feel like going online with my coffee as I usually do. I drank a big glass of water instead, opened all the windows, turned on some relaxing music, and proceeded to do yoga on our terrace, as the sun came up and the birds sang.
Without planning to, I ended up meditating for a long time afterwards- I don't even know how long, I hadn't looked at the clock all morning! I'm now about to go jogging and thought I'd check in real quick, and the dread-like feeling that washed over me ruined it all!

I can't do anything about this anyway, so I am going to try to continue on keeping my balance today.
I'm just so sorry for so many people that suffer right now.

top topics

join