It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas shooting!

page: 91
<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
So the police have suicide bomber robots now?

Anyone think this is a bit much?

ETA: Apparently I have to say this: Im not saying its too much for the murderer. Im saying that this kind of technology, in the future, in the hands of one possible corrupt precinct can be a scary thought.
edit on 8-7-2016 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Agit8dChop

If these people acted out because they believe they, or people with the same skin color, are being unfairly targeted by law enforcement, at what point do we finally begin to address their concerns?

What else can they do to get our attention?

They protest peacefully and speak out about how they feel...we tell them to quit being lazy and get a job.

They form groups like BLM to tell us they have had enough....we say All Lives Matter and dismiss their cause as racist.

If we continue to trivialize their concerns and dismiss it out of shear ignorance, this is the sort of result we can expect.

We have to listen to these people and let them make their case. Otherwise, we put these people in a position of helplessness and people will act out when they feel helpless.

You're right about allowing them to voice their grievances, but we as a society shouldn't allow them MORE freedom than any other group, regardless of their beef with society.

BLM has taken it upon themselves to make this a race issue. Indeed, ALL LIVES MATTER. But to BLM, this is not the case and if it was, they would drop the race card and take a less divisive stance and take on a more inclusive one, admitting that police brutality effects EVERYONE.

Yet they don't do that and they continue to be aggressive against ALL police presence. Just look at the Toronto Pride Parade they hijacked. Explicitly calling for police to be banned from such an event. Yet, there could EASILY be black, gay police officers who would like to represent themselves in their community at such an event in the way that identifies themselves as the police who swore to defend the rights and safety of their community, and NOT as JUST a black person who is gay. Were there any black gay cops there? I dunno, but if there was, I doubt they would feel welcomed by BLM.

This is my issue with BLM. They take on a tribal attitude of US vs THEM. BLM vs the COPS. BLM vs the white man...so by doing this they focus on the group, assuming "all cops are bad". Which is just as ignorant as saying "all blacks are violent" and "all whites are evil". The focus is on the group, which is comprised of individuals, yet when an organization like BLM invokes this type of focus it brings out the divisiveness of tribalism and completely disregards the individuals who haphazardly get roped into the group. Don't get me wrong, BLM is not the only group who is guilty of such tribalism.

Does BLM have a valid grievance? YES! Are they going about it the right way? NO!

Black people are not the only ones who suffer at the hands of police brutality, although disproportionately perhaps. But I think that has less to do with the police specifically, where militarization and brutality of police is a symptom of a greater problem with society as a whole. They should be focusing more on the fact that the black community is disproportionately locked up or living in ghettos...the police and the issues which come with them responding to this social epidemic are not the root cause of police brutality.

Does it seem as though cops in the US are racist? Yea, it does, we can thank the media for that. So, it also seems as though there is an agenda on the go to ONLY talk about the abuse that the Black community suffers. I have seen videos, literally hidden on the internet of black police officers beating black and white people. Or gangs of black youth doing the "knockout game" to innocent white people, yet it NEVER makes it to the mainstream media. How do you explain that? When those roles are reversed, the entire world hears about it. WHY IS THAT?

Again, BLM has every right to bring up these grievances. But the grievances do NOT stop with the Black community. And honestly, it makes the supporters of BLM seem VERY ignorant to the reality that surrounds them when the issues they tout are veiled in the superficiality of skin color.

link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

The killer the cops blew up claimed to be acting alone during crisis negotiations. Authorities haven't made that claim.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Wetpaint72

yep that what the chief said

Dallas Police Shooting Sniper Identified as Micah X. Johnson

a whole search page,
Micah X Johnson

link   

originally posted by: Domo1

I sort of get the impression he meant BLM wasn't doing enough so these guys amped it up

sure agreed... obama, sharpton jackson telling black people ITS OPEN season on them sure
does not breed the same Peaceful message Dr. king bestowed...

link   
Five police officers slaughtered by vigilantes.

Makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it.

This incident is going to change everything in the USA. Everything.

LEOs across the country are now going to be on full alert around the clock with heavy crackdowns everywhere... and their jobs, procedures, standard protocols, standard gear, etc etc are all going to be drastically changed from this day forward.

My heart goes out to each and every officer in the US, your jobs have just become a living nightmare.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

no blow him up like an isis fighter guys just as bad

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
a reply to: everyone

I'm sure he did not have endless supplies of ammunition.

Even when I was in the military, we were told to wait them out when they were cornered if intelligence wanted them for information gathering.

You are SO hopelessly naive.

Can you imagine the backlash if they let this guy sit there for hours, hoping he would surrender only to have him get off another shot that would kill a policeman or civilian when they could have stopped the confrontation?

My god, it sickens me too see someone sympathize with these scum.

You also keep making a point of how they needed to question this man for information, but you don't really believe that, do you? After all, we only need to go back one page to see you made a post to Konduit saying you believe this is s false flag.

link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx

Im thinking a bit more long term. A police force with suicide robots

link   
a reply to: everyone

would you be alright with bringing up the same excuses for them had they gone out to kill people at wallstreet?

I did not bring up any excuses. That is the point...you missed the point.

Which protest you approve of is completely irrelevant.

True. I didn't say I approved of one or the other. Stay on point.

On top of that the BLM movement has had a ton of their demanded granted to them and that is a lot more the occupy protest had gotten so falling your own arguments and reasoning the OWS has a even better reason to go out guns blazing. Stop being such a agenda driven hypocrite.

Yup, you missed the point.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

originally posted by: starfoxxx

Im thinking a bit more long term. A police force with suicide robots

that im Against... blowing this guy up i have no problem with..

blowing up a weed dealer would be different

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Bomb disposal teams have explosives to detonate suspicious packages. This is less weaponized robot and more oh crap we gotta end this and making the best out your equipment.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Right... Im just concerned about what this looks like 5 years from now.

link   
Let's see what political preference these thugs were. I'd be willing to bet none were of a conservative orientation...but the left will blame the right and demand more gun control.

SO, I say, OK, lets denie rights to the people conducting these crimes. Liberals and islamists.

link   
a reply to: Kali74

I agree that activists should have been listened to, they still should but not because it was going to lead to this because it didn't lead to this. This is because some subversive, evil, sick assholes decided to get together and kill some cops.

I agree.

I still can't help but notice that my post regarding helplessness and dismissal was completely misunderstood.

Oh well.

link   

I thought it was a bit much, but I can see the logic of having one around...Maybe with a bit of contortionist like twisting...

If the guy was cornered and there was nobody around to be harmed by the "bomb", I would call it overkill though.

I think the robot would have been better used to gas his ass and rush him while they watched him go blind or unconscious, and the robot would be able to be used again too.

Agh, nevermind, money from citizens is free, and debt creation to buy more stuff is a good thing.

link   

Come on, in this climate both nationally and internationally, we cannot discount the idea of outside actors.

Climate change or the same ol same ol, create the crisis offer the solution

further on you say...

No doubt. We have no idea at this point. In this climate, anything is possible.

So is it global cooling or global warming?

link   
Micah X. Johnson
was in the U.S. army at one point. seen here in his uniform.
Micah X. Johnson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
So are the other three suspects actual "suspects" still? If it was a lone gunman, why did reports repeatedly say multiple snipers triangulating their positions?

The "lone gunman" claimed he was the lone gunman.

The gal, they caught in the parking garage and the 2 guys were stopped on the highway.

The 3 might have shot then booked out of there, the 2 guys were driving away and the gal and lone gunman stayed behind.

That's what I understand.

link   
Shooter identified as Black Muslim Micah x Johnson.

edit on 8-7-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join