It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas shooting!

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: atomish

Is the label of "sniper" usually attributed to someone based on the weapon they are using or the range/type of shooting they are doing? Neither or a combination?

"sniper"

a skilled marksman or team that operate alone in a concealed position at ranges that are usually beyond detention of enemy forces. they are also skilled in other areas that assist larger forces.
such as camouflage,infiltration, target acquisition,reconnaissance

link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: khnum

OUT of 11 people?
Not a successful engagement and they got caught.
NOT the hallmark of a pro.

I agree.... that bad guy shooting around the pillars just happen to come up on that cop backside by accident, then ran off took cover for few more cheap shots. Not professional at all.....

link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: JinMI

One stationary and one on the move gives the illusion of higher numbers and better exploitation of targets.

That will bother me for awhile.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

It would all make a good thread, I'm sure our military members would have a lot to say.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: khnum

OUT of 11 people?
Not a successful engagement and they got caught.
NOT the hallmark of a pro.

I agree.... that bad guy shooting around the pillars just happen to come up on that cop backside by accident, then ran off took cover for few more cheap shots. Not professional at all.....

No.

The camera person obviously zoomed in for a reason. It looks like something was happening on ground level prior to this. Without context it's really difficult to tell what happened.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Press conference shortly right? 12:30 CST

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

Each race has their special names. I won't say them here for T&C purposes. White trash is an example. That's likely the only one I can say here. Not sure if the others aren't considered vulgarity. I believe they are. Hope that example isn't against T&C.

Disengaging this off-topic discussion as I received a warning for saying NOTHING offensive while no one else did.

I appreciate your response, sorry I cannot respond further.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I want to know why the video taken and uploaded in this day & age has worse compression than videos taken during 9/11. Where's the HD footage? Any WiFi around dallas? Does anyone have a good cell signal? Seriously.

link   
a reply to: mr-lizard

Yes it's obvious he accidentally got the jump on the cop behind the pillar....... not a pro!

link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV
North Dallas Resident, 20 min from incident. Third gun shot heard in my neighborhood.

I heard a shot at 10:20, 11:30, and 12:20.

If I hear another at 1:20 I'm going to be concerned.

Get your gun, lock all doors/windows, keep the lights low, and go to the basement, if you have one. Several people in my city have been shot by bullets coming completely through the walls of the house this year.

link   
This is some kind of CIA MOSSAD MI-5 super spy...

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
BREAKING:

Not sure how true this is...

Best update I have. Driver of the black car and his friend was just released after questioning. The bag was his friends luggage. Besides that there is a report of 1 suspect in custody. He seems unrelated to the snipers. They got away.

So are the snipers still out there????

link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Press conference shortly right? 12:30 CST

right now

link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Speculation.

link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

This particular clip illustrates precisely what I'm talking about.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

Is the label of "sniper" usually attributed to someone based on the weapon they are using or the range/type of shooting they are doing? Neither or a combination?

"sniper"

a skilled marksman or team that operate alone in a concealed position at ranges that are usually beyond detention of enemy forces. they are also skilled in other areas that assist larger forces.
such as camouflage,infiltration, target acquisition,reconnaissance

Thanks for the answer! So the media/police are not necesarilly incorrect in using this vernacular then. I know dictionary definitions can differ from parlance used in the field so I appreciate the clarification.

link   
- still negotiating with a suspect at El Centro garage..ongoing for 45 minutes, exchanged gunfire, claims bombs
- female in custody who was in vicinity of garage
- two suspects in Mercedes also in custody
- not sure they have all the suspects
- total dead = 4 ...3 Dallas officers and one DART officer
edit on 7/8/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

link   
Did he just say there's still a standoff in the garage and they're still exchanging fire?

Suspect said, "The end is coming..."

Suspect also claimed bombs all over the garage.
edit on 7/8/2016 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Negotiations with suspect in garage currently.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I'd like to know who is firing those shots that are blazing off the building and sidewalk while this murder is being committed? Can't be the police shooting like that while one of their own is standing behind the post! Can it????

Also, you're right about the shooter/murderer... Balls of steel. Wow.

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join