It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas shooting!

page: 128
<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Got my shooter stories mixed by the off subject ,sorry.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642

originally posted by: CynConcepts

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: sg1642

This could be BIG if true. For clarity, let's agree on what pictures and videos we're talking about.

In the post-blast picture(s) circulating right now, Johnson is wearing a dark blue or black shirt (can't tell if rolled up long sleeve or short sleeve) under an OD flak jacket. His pants are covered in debris so I can't make out what color they are, but it looks like maybe khaki.

Actually, if you look closer at the post-bomb pic, you will see that his light colored shirt is just darkened by the blood. His shirt seems to be Similiar color as his pants. The angle of lighting on his face, creates harsher contrasts in the shadowing of the image. His shirt is blood soaked.

Edit Add: I imagine the reason he looks like he is now wearing a shorter sleeve is due to his shirt shredding by a bomb blast.

I don't see any cream or white colouring in his shirt? Where on the shirt do you mean? And that would be the first shirt shredded from a blast that cut the sleeves perfectly across the arm that I have seen?

Edit you may be right actually. The area around his shoulder blade and back? I thought that was dust from the gyproc but you might be right. I don't agree that the blast has shredded his sleeve in that manner but stranger things have happened.

Hey, you are right too! I went back to look again. Chief Brown said that he wrote on the wall with his blood before the bomb. They do believe he was shot and bleeding. If you look under his body, doesn't that look like a tangled up long sleeve cream shirt? You can see the armor is quite visible on his chest in the image. Is it possible, he took of the long sleeve shirt to attend to a wound. The armor is on top of his short sleeve shirt. That seems to me to make more sense. What do you think?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

In looking at the video carefully, I'd say the camera is playing games with the color. It's almost as if the camera has some night vision like capability. It seems to be picking up either heat signatures or reflections off of something.

What I make out in the video is clearly a vest, and the vest looks tan / khaki (which it clearly was not in actuality). Then when he raises his arms it does appear he's wearing a dart shirt under the vest, but then the video washes out and everything looks the same color.

I'm thinking is a camera induced illusion, unfortunately, in this case.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
You make a valid point. Perspective is a crazy thing and illusions are abundant. Even after thinking I found his long sleeve shirt under his body in the picture! I went back to look again after your post. That cloth could very well just be part of his pants and one of his legs blown up. ( speculating the possibility he may have been shot in the leg and tore is own pant leg to get to it? ) I am just an arm chair speculator.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

This could be BIG if true. For clarity, let's agree on what pictures and videos we're talking about.

In the post-blast picture(s) circulating right now, Johnson is wearing a dark blue or black shirt (can't tell if rolled up long sleeve or short sleeve) under an OD flak jacket. His pants are covered in debris so I can't make out what color they are, but it looks like maybe khaki.

Actually, if you look closer at the post-bomb pic, you will see that his light colored shirt is just darkened by the blood. His shirt seems to be Similiar color as his pants. The angle of lighting on his face, creates harsher contrasts in the shadowing of the image. His shirt is blood soaked.

Edit Add: I imagine the reason he looks like he is now wearing a shorter sleeve is due to his shirt shredding by a bomb blast.

I don't see any cream or white colouring in his shirt? Where on the shirt do you mean? And that would be the first shirt shredded from a blast that cut the sleeves perfectly across the arm that I have seen?

Edit you may be right actually. The area around his shoulder blade and back? I thought that was dust from the gyproc but you might be right. I don't agree that the blast has shredded his sleeve in that manner but stranger things have happened.

Hey, you are right too! I went back to look again. Chief Brown said that he wrote on the wall with his blood before the bomb. They do believe he was shot and bleeding. If you look under his body, doesn't that look like a tangled up long sleeve cream shirt? You can see the armor is quite visible on his chest in the image. Is it possible, he took of the long sleeve shirt to attend to a wound. The armor is on top of his short sleeve shirt. That seems to me to make more sense. What do you think?

You could be right there. Next to his hand closest to the ground? Coming out from under his head?

What I don't see on or around the vest are pouches either.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
In the deceased photo, the vest looks khaki and his shirt looks brown. I don't see any cream shirt tied to his waist.

But that's only what I see.

ETA: What about the photo of the rifle he used? Does that match what the police are saying he used?
edit on 10-7-2016 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

In looking at the video carefully, I'd say the camera is playing games with the color. It's almost as if the camera has some night vision like capability. It seems to be picking up either heat signatures or reflections off of something.

What I make out in the video is clearly a vest, and the vest looks tan / khaki (which it clearly was not in actuality). Then when he raises his arms it does appear he's wearing a dart shirt under the vest, but then the video washes out and everything looks the same color.

I'm thinking is a camera induced illusion, unfortunately, in this case.

I can't really argue with you in that to be honest it is quite poor quality footage

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

I commented that night that it sounded like a full auto AK, but the police say it was a SKS. I came back specifically to say that I was wrong on 2 points, it was not full auto and it wasn't an AK according to the police. It was the same caliber as an AK, 7.62x39. I knew this noise sounded very familiar and the AK was my best guess. I thought full auto AK because the shots were so fast and consistent and how hard this would be with a semi auto AK mainly because the trigger are pretty bad and the gun is light and can knock around a bit. I believe he was using the SKS the police said because this gun sounds just like the shots in the video. The SKS is heavier and usually a smidge better trigger. Something that makes consistent steady fire much easier. After sleeping and watching and comparing some videos of full auto fire, the rate of fire during the shooting was not nearly fast enough, even with bump/slidefire or similar triggers. if anyone wants the tin foil hat I put up, it's located Holeb rd, Jackman, Maine.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DinobotIV
a reply to: texasgirl

I commented that night that it sounded like a full auto AK, but the police say it was a SKS. I came back specifically to say that I was wrong on 2 points, it was not full auto and it wasn't an AK according to the police. It was the same caliber as an AK, 7.62x39. I knew this noise sounded very familiar and the AK was my best guess. I thought full auto AK because the shots were so fast and consistent and how hard this would be with a semi auto AK mainly because the trigger are pretty bad and the gun is light and can knock around a bit. I believe he was using the SKS the police said because this gun sounds just like the shots in the video. The SKS is heavier and usually a smidge better trigger. Something that makes consistent steady fire much easier. After sleeping and watching and comparing some videos of full auto fire, the rate of fire during the shooting was not nearly fast enough, even with bump/slidefire or similar triggers. if anyone wants the tin foil hat I put up, it's located Holeb rd, Jackman, Maine.

Meanwhile in the media.

'It went bang bang bang. AR15 confirmed'

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

What rifle was it in the leaked photo?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

What rifle was it in the leaked photo?

I can't see one in any of the pictures but the police wouldn't exactly leave it in reaching distance for obvious reasons. They are saying SKS as far as I know but that may have changed again.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

The 74 apparently used in the attack.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Looking at the photo of his weapon . This is not an SKS. looks more like a AK-74. how he would get a weapon like that? ( latest Russian issued is a AK-74 ) Could be AK 47 with some mods to look like a AK-74 Also could be a FN -FAL. Did he Add that rail ?

I seen enough of the battle field to last a life time. This guy was shot in the back, upper back shoulder area. ( looks like that officer got him after all ? ) that shirt looks like it was tan at one time. (looks like a tan military T-shirt ) the body armor he is wearing is not that great , take my work for it . A good 40 cal round would go right through it. which is most likely what officer fired at him at column(s) .

edit on 10-7-2016 by SJE98 because: (spelling )

edit on 10-7-2016 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SJE98

Looking at the photo of his weapon . This is not an SKS. looks more like a AK-74. how he would get a weapon like that? could be AK 47 with some mods to look like a AK-74 Also could be a FN -FAL.

I seen enough of the battle field to last a life time. This guy was shot in the back, upper back shoulder area. ( looks like that office got him after all. ) that shirts looks like it was tan at one time. the body armor he is wearing is not that great , take my work for it . A good 40 cal round would go right through it, which is most likely what officer fired at him at column(s) .

if he took a 40 cal in the back and not only didn't drop but turned and advanced on his man then that would point to one thing; Drugs. PCP, flaka, crystal meth take your pick. But that would also rule him out of accurate fire being applied to individual targets in a crowd of civilians.

Edit: yep one thing that is definetly not is an SKS. I don't see any FAL in there to be honest unless it has been heavily modified.
edit on 5051642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2151642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

But that would also rule him out of accurate fire being applied to individual targets in a crowd of civilians.

Really? Wasn't methamphetamine given to combat troops?
edit on 7/10/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yeah since the days of pervitin. I've never heard of it aiding in accuracy would have thought it would do the opposite?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Just like to point out that isn't confirmed as his weapon as yet. reportedly nothing more than that yet.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Yeah since the days of pervitin. I've never heard of it aiding in accuracy would have thought it would do the opposite?
That would seem to be a contraindication for routine use for combat troops. Wouldn't it?

edit on 7/10/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

That would seem to be a contraindication for routine use for combat troops. Wouldn't it?

No it was given to help them stay awake, alert and aggressive. I don't think it will give you a steady hand do you? I can only speculate because I haven't taken it. (And no that is not a suggestion that you have).

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Crime scene picture. Are those flares on the ground?

new topics

top topics

<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join