It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavily Armed White Man Arrested Alive After Shooting at Police Officer

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

And they got rid of the flesh colored crayon! (seriously though, that was probably a good call)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook
actully that wouldn't be the way to do it,
it would be the numbers of calls or incidents that the cops were called to. using your method of population isn't a true picture of the calls or incidents just population.

ETA: the data was on people shot dead by police in 2015, not population, there were 990 deaths from that, of those deaths half of those deaths were white people. well just on shy one 990/2 =495 990/4 =247 out of 990 deaths cause by cops, just a little over a quarter were black.

again the data collected is for people shot dead by police in 2015, not population.

edit on 7-7-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: shredderofsouls

Maybe you're right. Maybe cops are more scared of black people with guns than they are of white people with guns.

I can't imagine why though.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

What exactly are you accusing me of?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

We are reading the exact same source you provided, yes?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

your link in the quoted post was not the same link she posted they open up to a different page. therefore if i open theirs in their post and it say one thing and open up the link posted in the quote you supplied, it has been changed and is not a quote.
how did that happen? also if you click the filters it still shows more whites killed by cops than blacks.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Half of all us police killings are white which was about 500 last year so your narrative is false

And no I'm not making excuses for the police for these two events

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Maybe you're right. Maybe cops are more scared of black people with guns than they are of white people with guns.

i can. and its not a condescending reason to a race.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: lostbook
actully that wouldn't be the way to do it,
it would be the numbers of calls or incidents that the cops were called to. using your method of population isn't a true picture of the calls or incidents just population.

Got it. Thanks...I used the numbers direct from another poster.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I replied directly to their post. It shows only the thread and link they provided.

Yes, I agree. that post show(ed)s that murder by police by race was greater for whites than blacks.

ETA: IDK if the post was changed or I read it wrong to display the opposite. My mistake...maybe.

edit on 7-7-2016 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
how many blacks get arrested without being shot?

The media forgets to mention race a lot for some reason.

Pure statistics. If a violent crime happens against a white or black person, it's about an 86 percent chance that the criminal is black.

Unless you don't want to arrest black peoole because it's racist. That means the cops have to deal with a higher number of violent blacks the. Violent whites, just using the numbers, you can probably say they numbers of black killed by police are probably lower then they should be.

On a side note. Most of these violent crimes are committed by males yet it's not sexist to point that out. Some people will think it is racist to point out that 85 percent of violent crimes against whites and blacks are committed by blacks.

www.amren.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: YukonJuan

White privilege. If he had been black or brown we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Did you witness both events first hand? Was it "white privilege" Different cops, different scenario.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I heard on NPR today that there are on average 3 people shot and killed in America by police every day. Most you do not hear about.

3 a day... 60 people were shot over the weekend in Chicago alone, presumably by blacks. Any outcry?

Blacks are violent, blacks are scary. They glorify the gangsta look in all forms of media.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: Bone75

i can.

So tell us then. Why are cops more afraid of the blacks?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

I posted this in another thread, but clearly it needs to be restated. More whites are killed by cops than blacks are.

www.washingtonpost.com...

I can't believe we've come to the point where we(or the OP anyways) are DISAPPOINTED that the guy WASN'T killed.

There are more White people in the country than Blacks. Show me percentages.

As a matter of fact, let's speak more than numbers: show me how many of the White people shot were actively shooting back in comparison to the amount of Black people shot who were actively shooting back.
edit on 7-7-2016 by prepared4truth because: research

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: prepared4truth

again read the data, it not population they are counting they are counting 990 people shot dead by police.
that is the data.if you go by population you wouldn't get a clear picture as to the call responded to.
in other words
there were 990 people shot dead by police in 2015 990 call/ incidents. of that number 494 or just one shy of half were white.
of that 990 call/ incidents just a little over a quarter were black.
the data counts nothing more than the reports of fatal shootings by police. it says nothing of population.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: YukonJuan
a reply to: TheBulk

I'm never saying everybody. I'm talking about disproportionate numbers and percentages.

A very disproportionate percentage of black men are involved in violent crime.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: prepared4truth

originally posted by: ksiezyc

I posted this in another thread, but clearly it needs to be restated. More whites are killed by cops than blacks are.

www.washingtonpost.com...

I can't believe we've come to the point where we(or the OP anyways) are DISAPPOINTED that the guy WASN'T killed.

There are more White people in the country than Blacks. Show me percentages.

As a matter of fact, let's speak more than numbers: show me how many of the White people shot were actively shooting back in comparison to the amount of Black people shot who were actively shooting back.

Good question.

US population: 323,730,000
Whites: 223553265
(72.41%)

Blacks: 38929319
(12.61%)

Based strictly on population (which some say is incorrect) you can see that shooting deaths = about 2.2% of the population for Whites and 6.6% of the population for Blacks. So more Whites are killed by police based from sheer number(s) but based on the population size, it's more Blacks that are killed by police.
edit on 7-7-2016 by lostbook because: word add

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: YukonJuan

Went out of their way to keep this suspect alive

White privilege. If he had been black or brown we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I don't know what race you belong to and I don't care. We all bleed red. But I can't help but notice that black people accuse everyone for racism while being the most racists ever themselves. I've been noticing this for quite some time now. Even with the BLM movement. That's the most racist thing ever. All lives matter. Not just black. And educate yourself before making comments: Caucasians killed by trigger happy cops in the states, outnumber by far all other races. Accept that and stop with the racist BS.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Armed BLACK man arrested alive after shooting cop in the neck.
fox2now.com...

Sorry to destroy your ridiculous narrative.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join