It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Shoot White Guy in Fresno; Nobody Pays Attention

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: onequestion

The fact that you accuse people of crying wolf proves you don't have a real clue.

The way a person feels inside because of their race, their experiences, and the path they walk is very real.

And that's why it is a race issue. And why people are sensitive about it.

Crying wolf is a ridiculous accusation.

Crying Wolf... when did he say that?

What he said was a white guy got shot, and it's not making the news. That's what he said.

Was that statement untrue? No, it wasn't.

Which is part of the issue... ALL lives matter.

This kid, it's not even shown that he had a weapon. Now don't get me wrong, he sure acted like he did from the description. But no where that I saw did it ever say the Officers KNEW he was Armed.

Yet he was shot dead.

If he was Black, it would be a National Head Line... but he's not.

You don't see a problem with that? Does it matter what color the person was that a Cop wrongfully killed? Or does it matter that a Cop wrongfully killed?

If we stop ALL Wrongful Killings by Cops... sort of fixes the Blacks Wrongfully Killed by Cops issue... no?

Sort of like the 3 Dead in Chicago over the 4th of July. Not in the news. Why? They were Black... and killed by Blacks. So no issue there, nothing to see, keep moving a long.

You don't find ALL of these Deaths equally wrong?

If not, what the # is wrong with you?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

I think the black issue is purely a propaganda one to keep the population separated in order to stop all people looking at corruption within government, media and our institutions.

No black or white deserves unfair treatment or also to be allowed to commit crime. We do need to unite on this issue and to stop the media separating people because today we need our focus on exactly whose dipping into our tax resources and getting a fair deal for all which this division is stopping. We have to be clever and not emotionally manipulated.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: KillerKell

What he said was a white guy got shot, and it's not making the news. That's what he said.

But it did make the news.

The Blaze

ABC News

LA Times

NY Daily News

The best clue as to the fact that it hit the news stands is the fact that it's being reported here with a link to a "News Article" about it. Saying something isn't being reported in the news and using an article from a news source to back up the claim doesn't make a whole lot of sense now does it??

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Maybe because suicide by cop is a mental health issue and not a police brutality issue????

Or is that too much real life dissection of the OP for ya? Whats telling to me is the need to try and further the race card on ATS by saying the world is only caring about black people getting shot and killed by police brutality. Even further illuminated if you ACTUALLY READ WHAT HAPPENED

Maybe the missing video, and a BS explanation as a reactionary measure indicates a cove-up. SMH.

"Oh look, this headline says everything is fine and to move along now."

"everything is fine, move along now..."

Why are there gaps in the footage?

This happened back in June! and people are linking news coverage from a few hours and days ago, claiming it wasn't a cover up or that it wasn't ignored by media.

Let's not forget the Lang case, a guy who was being target by Fresno cops, who predicted being killed by them. He asked people to stay with him on the weekend, only to be killed, in his house, that weekend.
edit on 8-7-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

The best clue as to the fact that it hit the news stands is the fact that it's being reported here with a link to a "News Article" about it. Saying something isn't being reported in the news and using an article from a news source to back up the claim doesn't make a whole lot of sense now does it??

That's disingenuous. There are multiple types of news coverage. There are local and state outlets that pick up stories on the news wire, often because they lack content, they are the least controlled.

Then there are the national outlets which conform to the highest degree. Then you have the national and international outlets which push pro-partisan topics, Fox News et al.

THIS HAPPENED BACK IN JUNE - You are posting articles from two days ago claiming it got coverage. You realize how wrong that is??

The only reason they covered it is because cell-phone footage leaked showing what happened in the "missing" video the cops seem to have "misplaced" or whatever the excuse was.

Cellphone video showing Fresno police officers shooting an unarmed 19-year-old man lying on the ground at a gas station has sparked protests and prompted the FBI to launch an investigation.

www.latimes.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Yeah and the coverage of Black people getting shot by cops is followed up with video too.

The media isn't against white people. They are mostly all white people themselves. Stories go big when they can show details of what happened. The more horrific, especially with video, gets a bigger story.

The details of this guy in Fresno were also different than the others. The way he acted I'm not surprised they shot him actually.

All this crying about how nobody cares when white people are shot and how the media is supposedly hiding it are just wrong.

They don't care what color you are. They look for stuff to cause "sensational" news that's it.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I've actually seen Larry Willmore and a few other people mention the white guy that got shot and people have posted about him on Facebook. All of the people I've seen mention him were black too. And to be honest he led police on a high speed chase so I could see how they would think he was a threat. His death was still unessesary though. I just think it's funny that black people have been talking about him on social media but whites haven't. The reason whites don't cover this is because it paints whites in a bad light. So don't blame BLM because they have been talking about it. Blame the white run media for not wanting to show whites getting killed like blacks.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Thanks a reply to: Bluntone22

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

That's because and it's the sad reality of white deaths don't acquire as many viewers to the news as black deaths do. It's all about money and pushing an agenda.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

I think the black issue is purely a propaganda one to keep the population separated in order to stop all people looking at corruption within government, media and our institutions.

No black or white deserves unfair treatment or also to be allowed to commit crime. We do need to unite on this issue and to stop the media separating people because today we need our focus on exactly whose dipping into our tax resources and getting a fair deal for all which this division is stopping. We have to be clever and not emotionally manipulated.

This is the point I'm getting at... if we fix American Issues then naturally within that Black Issues will also be resolved.

But instead of unifying as a Nation, we constantly allow ourselves to be segregated and separated.

This is Government at Work... dividing us, while the lobbyist run around buying and selling us like Product.

No one is saying "I want the American Vote"... not a single Politician. But they sure want the Woman Vote, the Black Vote, the Hispanic Vote. How about we fix American Issues... which will naturally fix Woman Issues, Black Issues, Hispanic Issues. Because all those people ARE AMERICANS.

But no... we have to divide it up. We can help the hungry Hispanic student in Chicago, because we have to focus through Government Legislation, on the hungry Black student in Chicago. How about we just ensure there are NO hungry students in Chicago of any kind?

It all goes back to Equality... no one wants it. It's the American Dream... and everyone is rejecting it. The proof is in the Actions.

BLM gets going when a White Cop shoots a Black Citizen. But not when a Black Cop shoots a Black Citizen. And certainly not when a Black Citizen shoots a Black Citizen. And not when a White or Black Cop shoots a White Citizen. And certainly not when anyone at all shoots a Cop.

So it's so damn hypocritical. If their point is Police are overstepping their Authority... then that should be for ALL POLICE of ANY RACE, and against ALL VICTIMS of ANY RACE. Because if we stop Police Unjustified Killings ACROSS THE BOARD, that INCLUDES against Blacks.

So when BLM does this, what they are LITERALLY saying is... it's fine for Black Cops to shoot whoever, and it's fine for White Cops to shoot Non-Blacks... but you better not let a #ing White Cop shoot a Black Citizen. That's a sick and twisted view... but it's the one they Support through their ACTIONS.

It pisses me off how divided, how separated, how segregated we've allowed ourselves to become... but we did it to ourselves through our own combination of Greed and Stupidity.

Instead of Hanging Together, we are certainly Hanging Separately.

Our House is once again Divided, and We The People will surely fall.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: KillerKell

But it did make the news.

The Blaze

ABC News

LA Times

NY Daily News

When one says 'Covered', we are meaning to what degree and with what force behind it.

This isn't an Alton Sterling Story, is what is being said... and it's not, solely because the kid was White.

Was the kid an Idiot?? Absolutely. Probably has a mental issue going on as well, was a kid that needed help. Alton needed help to, and I think his situation in New Orleans had lead to a bit of a mental break as well.

Neither got that help.

We don't really know ANYTHING about this kid. Did he have Priors? He certainly wasn't a Felon at 19, or the odds are he'd still be in Prison. Does he have a Juvie Record? Was he on drugs at the time?

We don't know ANY of these things. Yet a High-Speed Chase means it's okay we can shoot him. And look, I said from the actions the Officers described, he was ACTING like he had a weapon... keeping his hands hid, especially behind his back where people commonly place a pistol. But did he have a Weapon?

Alton Sterling HAD a Weapon. And Felonies. And was Tased and continued to resist. And people STILL question if he should be shot.

This kid didn't even get Tased. He just got shot. I guess for Wreckless Driving and Speeding. Since people say Alton got Shot for Selling Bootleg CDs.

The issue is that these are really the same thing... except the White Guy actually got LESS Chances in this one... but the outcry is no where near what it is for Alton, who actually resisted arrest. In fact, nowhere in the Article that was given in the OP did I even see the Cops tell this kid he was Under Arrest.

He got, headed to the store, "I hate my life", turned back and walked to the Offices, shot dead.

In none of those steps were "Stop, you are under Arrest" mentioned.
Alton KNEW he was being placed under arrest... he was TOLD and subsequently resisted.

As far as these two go... of the preliminary reports we have... this 2nd Case is actually far more egregious than the 1st (taking Race completely out of the equation).

That's my point.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

a reply to: boncho

Yeah and the coverage of Black people getting shot by cops is followed up with video too.

The media isn't against white people. They are mostly all white people themselves. Stories go big when they can show details of what happened. The more horrific, especially with video, gets a bigger story.

The details of this guy in Fresno were also different than the others. The way he acted I'm not surprised they shot him actually.

All this crying about how nobody cares when white people are shot and how the media is supposedly hiding it are just wrong.

They don't care what color you are. They look for stuff to cause "sensational" news that's it.

The way he acted? When people shrug of Taser shots... what's left? What's the next step? A Taser didn't stop them.

So when people 'Act' like a Taser isn't going to bring them down and continue to Resist... that sounds like "The way they acted, they should have been shot".

They didn't even Taser the kid... they skipped that step altogether.

If he was black, and they skipped the Taser (which they didn't with Alton Sterling) it would be an outcry. It would be a social injustice.

See the hypocrisy of it all?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: KillerKell

Look, I live near Fresno and the place is a violent hell hole of a city. The cops are corrupt as hell and it's major tweaker town USA.

But all that aside. I'm not saying what the cops did was right. They need to quit shooting people at the drop of a hat like they are. I'm not defending what any of these cops did.

All I'm saying is that there isn't a media blackout when it comes to crimes against white people. They might play in to the minority abuse angle a bit because it gets ratings but that's about it.

This meme about how nobody cares when white people get shot is dumb. It's just more racial division. The media goes with whatever they have that will get people to tune in, that's it. The more controversy they can stir up, that's what they play to.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowLink
a reply to: HarrryHendew

990 people shot by police in 2015.
White 494
Black 258
Hispanic 172
Other 38
Unknown 28
Source

I seen another better source in another thread a couple days ago but I'm unable to find it at the moment.

That ratio is telling considering how many more encounters white people have with police than black people. It really should be much higher. The fact that it isnt shows the disparity that has black people upset. It's disproportionate.
edit on 8-7-2016 by jordan77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Look, I live near Fresno and the place is a violent hell hole of a city. The cops are corrupt as hell and it's major tweaker town USA.

But all that aside. I'm not saying what the cops did was right. They need to quit shooting people at the drop of a hat like they are. I'm not defending what any of these cops did.

All I'm saying is that there isn't a media blackout when it comes to crimes against white people. They might play in to the minority abuse angle a bit because it gets ratings but that's about it.

This meme about how nobody cares when white people get shot is dumb. It's just more racial division. The media goes with whatever they have that will get people to tune in, that's it. The more controversy they can stir up, that's what they play to.

But that's part of the issue here. News is NOT for Ratings. It's not. Television is FREE because they AGREED to have 1 Hour set aside for directly giving information to the Viewing Public. News is a Legislated Mandate, that is not intended to be influenced.

Yet it has been. Just as you said... Ratings. And why do they want Ratings? Advertising Dollars. As soon as that Influences News (which it does) it's Illegal, Corrupt, and goes directly against Federal Law.

So the News shouldn't play something more often than something else because it gets 'Ratings'. And this is exactly how Social Perceptions get so damn distorted to begin with.

Goes back to the whole damn system being corrupt. Which isn't a Race Issue... it's an entire Social Issue. We are ALL being manipulated through Media, for the explicit purpose of causing such wedges that directly lead to the rise of things like Black Lives Matter instead of Society grouping together to form something like All Lives Matter.

Yet people keep their head in the sand and ignore the real issues... instead of realizing we're all being played against each other.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

You're right. I totally agree with what you just said.

News media today, more than ever, has become just a manipulative arm of Government and Special Interests for the purpose of mass Social Engineering. If it's not actively trying to brainwash you or push some social movement on you it's convincing you to buy something or just occupying your time with tabloid television information as if that is what is news and is important.

You should always take the advice of, "Believe nothing that you hear and only Half of what you see." Just think back on your own life and remember the crazy and dramatic moments that you've had that have become gossip to some degree. How accurate were any of the "stories being reported" about what really happened according to you who was actually there living it first hand???

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
a reply to: onequestion

Someday, maybe, you'll attempt to walk in others' shoes for a few steps ... or maybe just think past your own, ingrained knee jerk reaction.

I, for one, am eagerly awaiting that day.

So, am I allowed to walk around in black face for a day? Or are blacks only allowed to walk around in white face for "comedy"?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Great find. I am going to go onto Twitter now and post this using the hashtags #whitelivesmatter and #blacklivesmatter .

I will come back to report on how much racism I get due to the post.

Stay tuned!

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Okay. How many white people are killed after being stopped for a broken tail light? How about walking down the street minding their own business? So, don't try to compare the two. The African American community is being terrorized by a solid percentage of cops and do they receive justice? Nope. So, comparing what happens to us versus the black community is pure rhetoric. There is no comparison.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   

It's not surprising. Thing is, our priorities are off. And, I'm not sure they are training it anymore but in the past, part of police training was recognizing the fact that a single white male is more of a potential danger than any minority male while alone. Not a universal presumption of course but it was based on observation of behavior.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join