It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Dead Can Dance Vinyl Reissues Tomorrow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Anyone else looking forward to these?
I already have the MOFI release of Into the Labyrinth but will be picking up the other 2.

deadcandance.tmstor.es...

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Word.

I'll have to pick those up. I bet Spleen sounds absolutely amazing on vinyl.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I dumped the turntable a long time ago, but I did have the privilege of seeing Dead Can Dance at Nottingham Playhouse theatre a very long time ago. It was a very intimate setting, seating only and there can't have been many more than a couple of hundred there. It was absolutely amazing, almost like seeing one of your favourite acts performing at your school hall.

Sorry, off topic I know but had to post as it's so nice to read a positive thread on ATS at the moment.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Always thought you were more metal due to your avatar, Opeth

Great band. Incredible music. Wished the ex didn't have my turntable. And my LPs...
I'm going to bust out some DCD now in your honor.
Maybe this thread will generate some interest amongst the youngsters who may be lurking since it's too hot to do anything else outside.
Cheers!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Shut The Front Door!

There are some bands from the 80's that did not do the re-issue into digital. While I applaud them for that I can only find 'popular' songs on compilation CDs which is not the same as throwing on an album and listening to the whole thing.

Thanks for the info! Yet one more reason to track down a stylus for my turn table...
edit on 7-7-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: grammar nazi

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
Shut The Front Door!

There are some bands from the 80's that did not do the re-issue into digital. While I applaud them for that I can only find 'popular' songs on compilation CDs which is not the same as throwing on an album and listening to the whole thing.

Thanks for the info! Yet one more reason to track down a stylus for my turn table...

Not sure why you couldnt find them as just about their whole catalog is avail on Amazon (CD) or music streaming services...

DCD CD On Amazon

All the same yay for more DCD fans!!!!!!

edit on 7-7-2016 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
Always thought you were more metal due to your avatar, Opeth

Great band. Incredible music. Wished the ex didn't have my turntable. And my LPs...
I'm going to bust out some DCD now in your honor.
Maybe this thread will generate some interest amongst the youngsters who may be lurking since it's too hot to do anything else outside.
Cheers!

Im a mix of metal and then more ethereal or ambient music like DCD, Black Tape for a Blue Girl, Lycia and others..

hell as long as it good im a fan. =)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

What other ambient are you into? I know of all of the big "bands" like Aphex Twin, Eno, and such.

Trying to find something I've never heard of in the same vein.
Dead can Dance are kind of in their own category. Beautiful, mystical, and simply incredible.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

What other ambient are you into? I know of all of the big "bands" like Aphex Twin, Eno, and such.

Dead can Dance are kind of in their own category. Beautiful, mystical, and simply incredible.

So for me when I say ambient or ethereal Im more talking dark versions of those two styles. Not so much the big bands like you listed but rather lots of bands on Projekt Records...

Black Tape for a Blue Girl (earlier stuff as recent falls into dark cabaret ((need more music styles in this post)).
Lycia
Autumns Gray Solace (here is a video for one of their songs)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

D'oh! Should have looked but I am trying to save up for a new Gibson Explorer so staying away from even being tempted into buying new stuff. And curses to you beer and pizza for slowly draining my savings!

And like you, hey, as long as it is good, I will listen! Thanks for the link and the temptation!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I trust you are aware of the album filigree and shadows by This mortal coil? Beautiful, just a beautiful album.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

So for me when I say ambient or ethereal Im more talking dark versions of those two styles. N

So, I suppose you're a fan of Mortiis?

ETA: dark ambient (Mortiis), DCD, Sigur Ros, Aphex Twin (Selected Ambient works, mainly), etc are the things I unwind to after very long days at work.
edit on 8-7-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Picked up Garden of the Arcane Delights + Peel Sessions. Very satisfied. I am not a complete collector but I have a more than standard collection.

One of my favs is on this cd, but a bit different since it is a peel session, still equally brilliant.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Word.

I'll have to pick those up. I bet Spleen sounds absolutely amazing on vinyl.

Well, I finally got around to buying DCD on vinyl: "Spleen and Ideal" and "Toward the Within," to begin (among many others by different artists).

It's been so long since I have actually listened to vinyl or had a decent player, my god, I had forgotten how simply amazing it is through good speakers. I guess I've been listening to compressed audio for so long that I had forgotten the sheer beauty and sonic depth of space from good analog.

Some candles, some wine, some ___, some darkness, and...

Wow.

top topics

join