It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIVE: FBI Director testifies before House Oversight Committee at 10am est. Live feed

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Have some integrity

Son I got more INTEGRITY in my little pinky than ALL of Clinton and her supporters COMBINED.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I actually don't hate Hillary. I supported her vehemently, at one point. I went to hear her at a campaign rally, in 2008, and was even in the paper looking like a crazed-starstruck Elvis fan shaking her hand. My one IRL face-to-face with Bill, I said, "You're the best president we ever had!" I still believe that....in some ways.

BUT, I had an epiphany, at some point. I realized that I had no leg to stand on saying Bush & Co., Obama, etc... were getting away with criminal behavior if i didn't at least look in my own favorite candidate's backyard with the same cynicism.

It's true. What democrats in that hearing today collectively said, is a testament to how effective the partisan blame game is at deflection. "This is just partisan/political cherrypicking by the GOP." "Republicans got away with the same."

I am listening to democrats. I hear their argument and don't really like it.

This kind of partisan deflection needs to be neutered and it starts with me.

I looked at Hillary the same as I did Bush, Obama, etc... And I know she's as worthy as anyone to be the first to be held accountable. I'm sorry it has to start with her -- for me -- but it has to start somewhere and so be it if it's her.

(...but it won't start here, I know. Still have to advocate for that though.)

edit on 7-7-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

LOL

You're right.

Nothing is going away.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Starred your post. I think that's the third time in four years. (LOL)

No, I'd say the elite's tactic of dīvide et īmpera is working as intended.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Have some integrity

Son I got more INTEGRITY in my little pinky than ALL of Clinton and her supporters COMBINED.

At least if you're the one testifying, eh Dad?

Yeah you're just full of it. Easy to see.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

LOL

You're right.

Nothing is going away.

I hope I am.

I hope we have non-stop 24/7 political theatre for the next six months.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I'm really surprised Democrats haven't figured this out yet.

We are on day 3 and despite a couple of hints in several threads, they still are not seeing it.

Day 4 will be too late.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Watching the narrative change from (C)linton being innocent to all politicians lie is fascinating.

LOL..."Everybody Lies" seems to be their standard default narrative for this.
At least they're consistent (lock step).

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Sorry.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Yes...the GOP is hanging their hopes on whether they can prove in court that Hillary Clinton had full recall of every 30K + email messages she sent or received over years and materially and with intent failed to recall 3 of them that the FBI Director himself testified to that it wasn't even clear they understood the (c) denotation to indicate classified and thus is guilty of perjury!

Meanwhile in reality land of America..Trump tweets a graphic from a white supremacist site and praises Saddam Hussein's efficiency at executing civilians without trial (just the last 48 hours).

I am just sayin...things are looking a little disconnected and desperate in GOP world lately...

It's smells a little like "the last buggy whip maker"...Ya know with the advent of cars and less people using horses...that last Buggy Whip maker was doing the best business of his life...because everyone else had left the business...
A growing share of a shrinking market...

The GOP is stroking their base with this "never let it die" business and their base loves them for it...even as GOP are fleeing the party, burning their voter registration cards, refusing to attend the Convention and polls show Hillary's lead growing in every way and every state that matters.

I actually think Republicans are needed in this country...sad to see them implode while gleefully circle jerking eachother in a shrinking club.

JOBS...ECONOMY...HEALTHCARE...AN ACTUAL PLAN FOR THE FUTURE.... That is what America cares about...not a effen email server...What a fart bubble the GOP is stuck in. They really had a chance to change course this season and instead they are doubling down on stupid. I will miss them.

edit on 7-7-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I do know this isn't a mere matter of politics for you, and I do apologize if I'm painting with a broad brush today.

I have no illusions, zero, about Hillary or Bill Clinton. I did, at one point. I trusted him when he said "I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

Turns out he lied. And I'm glad he did, oddly, for my own selfish reasons ... I think that was the day that one of the last little bits of idealism I had passed silently away.

No, I don't' think CLinton is blameless. I don't' think she's what you or I would call in our day-to-day lives a "good person."

She's a politician. That tells me all I need to know about her honesty, her intentions, and her will to have power over others.

Partisan politics isn't going away though. I've started viewing it like a role-playing game. I sleep better.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

edit on 7jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Actually, you are not far wrong there! I looked up the old Whig Party and historically how one of the worse President's Zachary Taylor destroyed it from the inside out! Trump is history repeating itself! It is really disconcerting to watch history repeating itself!

Edit add: I guess that is why I am looking into third parties this year! I had hoped the other two parties would offer a rational alternative...sigh...that hasn't happened yet.
edit on 7 7 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I'll see your cartoon, and raise ...

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

You're a bunch of damned hypocrites ... THAT'S my issue here.

Pot, meet kettle.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

They did a lot of politically trolling at the hearing today as well.

Nice to see others picked up where Cummings, and company left off.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

National security was just fine.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I call.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

They did a lot of politically trolling at the hearing today as well.

Nice to see others picked up where Cummings, and company left off.

I don't think you're trolling, Neo ... you're doing what you always do.

Don't be so hard on yourself.

Now, ready to announce that you're after Clinton's head and nothing else will do?

I hear that honesty is good for the soul.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

And I know she's as worthy as anyone to be the first to be held accountable. I'm sorry it has to start with her -- for me -- but it has to start somewhere and so be it if it's her.

And a 20 Million Dollar investigation involving thousands of FBI agents that took almost a year to conclude and reviewed years of her work...was insufficient?

Define accountable. Cuz where I am sitting, it seems it is the conclusion not being what YOU want it to be that defines lack of accountability here.

If the new normal is that the party in power launches ill-founded investigations that everyone knows have insufficient meat to them...then you will have plenty of chances in the near future to applaud these political theater events as the congress does nothing more than launch attack investigations on one another while the country suffers.

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join