It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIVE: FBI Director testifies before House Oversight Committee at 10am est. Live feed

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Indigo5
You do realize that there is nothing she needs to be Pardoned for? And as has been made clear a perjury investigation is an absolute lost cause with near zero chance of any indictment and near impossible to prove. People have said MUCH more "untrue" things to congress than a 3/30,000 email recollection and not got indicted. It would be like prosecuting someone for inaccurately recalling what they ate for breakfast on Dec 4th 2010.

Not necessarily. That's why I found Gowdy's questioning so interesting. He discussed using 'false exculpatory statements' to prove intent.

I saw Gowdy's case...which frankly was a speech, not a question and 5 full minutes of him Hypothesizing how a case should be laid out for perjury...and speaking for Comey, but never asking for a response.

Gowdy tried to build a pyramid to support "Perjury" as part of a larger conspiracy of intent...And the bricks he built the base with were fictionalized, unproven and stuff that the FBI has already said is not proven through their investigation.

In short Gowdy said ...if we can prove that everything she did was a criminal conspiracy from day one..we tag the perjury as part of that criminal conspiracy..

It is political speech, but holds no water in light of the FBI investigation or a legal path.

link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Watching the narrative change from (C)linton being innocent to all politicians lie is fascinating.

Funny I think.

'ALL politicians lie' is an admission that CLinton LIED.

For which the CRIME of perjury exists that is a FELONY.

link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: xuenchen

He doesn't give two rats arses because he is an exiting president, so whatever he say and it could be lying out of his butt is for the benefit of the party.

As they have not other candidate really.

I agree. The only ones crying foul about partisan politics in this hearing were the Democrats who support their party. Some even shamefully, wasted my tax dollars by not sticking to the issue of the hearing. They prolonged it with name calling, partisan ranting, and talking about issues not on the schedule! Ask direct questions like the majority of the Republicans were! You not only prolonged this hearing longer than it needed to be, but wasted my precious tax dollars that you said the other side was wasting. Perhaps, we could save more...if you focus on the issues at hand to be addressed and not meander to pander your own politics on live tv!!! Grrr.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Gryphon66

I implied no such thing.
My position.... lying is bad.
I do not condone anyone doing it.... even if they are my favorite politician.

I don't condone anyone lying either, for the record, and you have my apology for bringing your kids into this mess, even though you did it first. I am sorry.

What offends my sense of right-and-wrong is that you and others who agree with you are pretending that your zeal to pursue Clinton for "lying" is related to anything else but your political agenda. You (and others) are participating in this faux morality play here ... when the only fact that is quite obvious is that you all "hate" Hillary Clinton and you would support anything, anytime for any reason to GET her ... you dont' care about jurisprudence, or what is morally right, or any of the rest of the virtues you lot are trying to pretend to.

You're a bunch of damned hypocrites ... THAT'S my issue here.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

The agency probably owns it because their asset (read spy) gathered the intelligence.

There was only one email with Human Intelligence and that originated from a Private Intelligence Service run by Blumenthal...so that's not it.

The point is that the IG can't even tell the chairman of the committee which agency it is.... let alone what the info is.... it is that secret.

In a public hearing? That seems normal.

Again, missing the point. . The IG can't even tell Congress, behind closed doors..... and Hillary was sharing it with people that had no clearance.

Anyway, you know how many humint emails there were.... what about the 22 that can't be released in any form.... what do you know about them???

I won't go on a link hunt...but by my research there was only 1 HumInt email and it originated with a Private Intelligence Agency run by Blumenthal regarding a potential coup in Sudan.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Watching the narrative change from (C)linton being innocent to all politicians lie is fascinating.

Funny I think.

'ALL politicians lie' is an admission that CLinton LIED.

For which the CRIME of perjury exists that is a FELONY.

Oh well, it doesn't appear to matter because...

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Is like everything karma always find a way to catch we all of us, including politicians that think they are invincible and over the law, still time for now is on my side.

But Hillary will never have my vote that is for sure.

edit on 7-7-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: neo96

Do you really want to put Joe Biden or Bernie Sanders in the White House that badly Neo?

Is it worth it, assuming that Clinton was actually found guilty of anything (and she wouldn't be)?

Think hard.

link   

Yes, and we were told that Hillary was giving her full cooperation to investigators.
Now that we know the truth, she stonewalled from the beginning up until now. I won't say 'the end'.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Hillary did nothing wrong because everyone else lies.
Everyone else doesn't lie to Congress.
Everyone else isn't running for POTUS.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Do you really want to put Joe Biden or Bernie Sanders in the White House that badly Neo?

Is it worth it, assuming that Clinton was actually found guilty of anything (and she wouldn't be)?

Think hard.

What the freggin hell is with that asinine 'logic'.

Basically IGNORE EVERYTHING Clinton did.

That might be that standard for 'liberal' logic, but it certainly doesn't fly for the rest of us.

link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Mister Gowdy has some baaaad stink on them hands, he desperate to get off.

He basically argued that because Clinton is obviously guilty, it should be easy to prove she's guilty, because, you know, she's guilty.

He knows better. He's a better litigator than that. Pure political theatre.

link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: GreatWay

This, again, is FAR different than Benghazi.

Not really. You may be stuck on the perjury aspect, but that would be damn near impossible to prove that she intentionally lied to cover her ass, like Bill did.

So this may be just like Benghazi...fishing for guilt where it cannot be found.

She did, she knows she did, that's why she lied because she knew she was guilty. This will not just fade away - this is far more serious and up in the faces of Congress and the American people.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Oh blada bladda blah.

Why not cut the crap and admit that you and your bunch want Clinton's head anyway you can get it.

Stop with the righteous indignation ... and just say it.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: GreatWay

Wait ... I hear echoes ...

"Whitewater is never going to go away ..."

"Benghazi is never going to go away ... "

"Email server is never going to go away ..."

Now, aren't those funny echoes from something like

"Perjury, never going to go away, away away ... "

LOL.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Stop with the righteous indignation ... and just say it.

Must have mistaken me for guys named Clay, and Cummings.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Hillary did nothing wrong because everyone else lies.
Everyone else doesn't lie to Congress.
Everyone else isn't running for POTUS.

Have never said Hillary has never done anything wrong.

I don't think she did lie to Congress ... at least, not in any actionable way.

Ah! THERE we have it ... the real reason ... Clinton is the Democratic candidate for President!

Like I said ... political theatre.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I haven't mistaken you at all.

I could predict your position on any issue; I could probably pretty much write your post for you.

So can the garbage.

Have some integrity. Just say that you want to see Hillary Clinton destroyed, you don't' care how, you don't care why.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

We'll have to agree to disagree. I think a good prosecutor could prove intent to perjure, now that I know her public false statements would have to be answered for, too.

I just don't think she could convince a jury they were all mistakes. Even you concede she's lied.

BUT, I will also concede that a defense attorney could get an acquittal, too -- but I do think s/he'd have to be a good one.

I concede she's lied. I concede Trey Gowdy has lied. Barack Obama, George W. Bush, George HW Bush, any politician anywhere. I concede Trump has lied.

The reason Clinton's perjury would be pursued is not to change anything, make anything better, redress grievances, or recover losses or damages ... the ONLY reason Clinton would be pursued on this is political.

I hope you can admit that.

I am really curious how unpolitical you are. Hypothetically, if Al Capone in his day was the Democrat candidate running for President and the FBI had wasted many avenues trying to find direct evidence but failed. Would you not be relieved if it became known they could indict him on tax evasion before he became an elected President of our country?

I am confused by all of this political bi-partisanship. I have jumped around basing my support on individuals and couldn't care less for teams. Sure my above example may seem a hypothetical extreme...but not far off the mark. Or do you think Al Capone was innocent except for tax evasion too?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I implied no such thing.
My position.... lying is bad.
I do not condone anyone doing it.... even if they are my favorite politician.

I don't condone anyone lying either, for the record, and you have my apology for bringing your kids into this mess, even though you did it first. I am sorry.

What offends my sense of right-and-wrong is that you and others who agree with you are pretending that your zeal to pursue Clinton for "lying" is related to anything else but your political agenda. You (and others) are participating in this faux morality play here ... when the only fact that is quite obvious is that you all "hate" Hillary Clinton and you would support anything, anytime for any reason to GET her ... you dont' care about jurisprudence, or what is morally right, or any of the rest of the virtues you lot are trying to pretend to.

You're a bunch of damned hypocrites ... THAT'S my issue here.

You have just described the political divide quite nicely. It happens on both sides, though it's not actually unreasonable to underline the fact that your opponent has been caught lying under oath. I believe a further enquiry is being kicked off on perjury now (it's actually boring now) ... I don't think this will end any time soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join