It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIVE: FBI Director testifies before House Oversight Committee at 10am est. Live feed

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: BlueAjah
You really think this is just a partisan thing?

Yes. Prove to me how it isn't. Because from where I'm sitting the only people who care about this are Republicans, and going after Clintons is practically part of their party platform.

Again, I care and I am not a republican. I don't even really support any candidate although I may vote third party.

I just happen to think both parties get away with criminal behavior because they work hard to protect the corrupt system they work in.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: neo96

He said over and over that this would apply to you me or anyone.
He said over and over he wasn't bought off. He said it was apolitical. He said if was unbiased.

Bring on the next eight congressional hearings.

He can say the same things over and over and over. He's lost all credibility today (except to the Hillary sycophants).

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
"Enough" is when Hillary goes before the Nation and admits she lied dozens of times about high impact issues.

Think that will ever happen ?

I don't

So because Hillary won't admit to things you believe are lies, you would rather focus on how bad she is than talk about actual issues? Hillary just put forward several new campaign proposals in the past couple days. For the party that argues they can win in the arena of ideas, and that they're more logical, I sure don't see any discussion over actual issues. Just a bunch of emotional temper tantrums that their trumped up charges (no pun intended) were seen for what they were, and dismissed.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

The Republicans addressed a very serious issue with their questioning, and showed that the situation with Clinton is NOT ok, is at the very least incompetent, that she lied, and that she most likely broke laws. There is no gray area here. It is black and white.

Lying is not a serious issue. Everyone lies. The Republicans trying to make something out of this are lying to you right now.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

For the party that argues they can win in the arena of ideas,

What changes did Obama bring us as a Democrat POTUS?

He was GW BUSH II.

And don't forget, he had a Democrat controlled House and Senate for his first two years in office!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Lying is not a serious issue.

Obviously it isn't for you.
I teach my children something different.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

If you haven't figured it out in the last year, people are way past sick of it. Thus, Trump. We could keep up the neener-neener I-told-you-so's or we could keep the pressure on the established parties. None of the injustices you listed is acceptable. This with Clinton is not acceptable. Trump is not acceptable.

It's ALL wrong.

But hey, you predicted it - have a snickers.

Feel better?

I don't.
edit on 7-7-2016 by JetBlackStare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

The Republicans addressed a very serious issue with their questioning, and showed that the situation with Clinton is NOT ok, is at the very least incompetent, that she lied, and that she most likely broke laws. There is no gray area here. It is black and white.

Lying is not a serious issue. Everyone lies. The Republicans trying to make something out of this are lying to you right now.

We should rewrite "Please raise your right hand, lying is not a serious issue" "Instead of do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth"

Yea that sounds much better now.
edit on 7-7-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Lying under oath is very serious regardless of whether you think so or not.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
BAMMMM!
Chairman sez...
You can't even tell me which agency will not allow Congress to see the emails that Hillary allowed a person with no clearance to see????

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I dont know about all that - I have a lot of family and extended family that are from very liberal households near Boston and they've voted democrat forever, pro union, voted for Obama twice - and they all blew my mind by agreeing and expressing their lack of trust and anger towards Hillary on my social media pages.

I think this will continue to hurt Hillary - only her die hard fans view this as a witch hunt.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

If anything, she will put on her poor-old-stupid-lady routine and say "oops, I had no idea".

She's already playing the gender card. She'll just play the Alzheimer's card to sure up the old crow vote.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I find it amazing how some people watched all that, hours of it, and only came away with "so she had a few emails".

That, is not what everyone is concerned with.

It's the lying, the destruction of evidence, the obstruction of justice.

Yes...but "Lying" "Destruction of Evidence" and "Obstruction of Justice" is precisely what Comey said he found no evidence of after thousands of agents were tasked with a 20 Million Dollar investigation spanning several years and 30k+ emails.

Did she eff-up? Yes. Was it a eff-up rooted in arrogance? Yes. Did she lie, obstruct justice or destroy evidence? no ...and I take the word of the FBI who invested much time, resources and money to determine the same.

Actually, Comey said the FBI did not investigate whether Hillary lied to Congress under oath. He said he would need a referral from Congress to do that.

Chaffetz said they would get that referral today.

Ok...but he clearly said in his statement that there was no evidence of "obstruction of justice" and there ws no evidence that any emails were intentionally destroyed.

And in legal terms..."Lying" is different than "Perjury" which is different than saying something that is "not true"..

The only one that matters for legal purposes is "Perjury"...which requires proving someone's INTENT.

Statements which entail an interpretation of fact are not perjury because people often draw inaccurate conclusions unwittingly, or make honest mistakes without the intent to deceive. Individuals may have honest but mistaken beliefs about certain facts, or their recollection may be inaccurate, or may have a different perception of what is the accurate way to state the truth.

en.wikipedia.org...

The idea that they can prove she was aware of 3 out of 30k+ emails going back years that included the (c) notation and then knowingly spoke otherwise under oath in order to stifle the investigation?

All BS aside...It's a purely political stunt..more investigations going nowhere..It will be another 20 Million Dollar tax-payer funded "investigation - campaign stunt" to conclude what they could have found on Wikipedia looking up the definition of "Perjury".

Wake me up when the GOP want to do something to help the average American.
edit on 7-7-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I'm also not a republican, nor are any of my family members and many of us care about this because some of us have clearances and adhere to these rules our entire careers, and get slapped in the face when a Secretary of State gets to basically play ignorance and just neglect all the rules the rest of us must abide by.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I am utterly appalled that on the world's premier Conspiracy website, you are all so supposedly dumbfounded that a politician lies.

I almost think that some of you are just being dramatic.

Some lie more than others.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
Again, I care and I am not a republican. I don't even really support any candidate although I may vote third party.

I just happen to think both parties get away with criminal behavior because they work hard to protect the corrupt system they work in.

Great, there's always outliers. Now show me the polls that suggest the swing voters in battleground states care. Most people have been listening to Hillary attacks for 24 years straight now. Those who are willing to vote against her have already long since been convinced.

originally posted by: butcherguy
What changes did Obama bring us as a Democrat POTUS?

He was GW BUSH II.

And don't forget, he had a Democrat controlled House and Senate for his first two years in office!

None, he followed W on policy almost 100%. This isn't about Obama though.

originally posted by: butcherguy
Obviously it isn't for you.
I teach my children something different.

Truth is the ideal, lying is the reality. Every company who has ever marketed a product to you has lied to you. Every person who has ever applied for a job and claimed to be the best candidate for the job was lying to their future boss (unless they were the 1/X who actually was the best). Every politician who has ever opened their mouth has lied to you. Every single lawyer has lied in the courtroom.

People lie. The world runs on lies.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

It's not about what I (or anybody else) think are lies.

The Government reports prove dozens of high impact lies and perjury.

Do you not see that?

link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor
a reply to: Indigo5

I dont know about all that - I have a lot of family and extended family that are from very liberal households near Boston and they've voted democrat forever, pro union, voted for Obama twice - and they all blew my mind by agreeing and expressing their lack of trust and anger towards Hillary on my social media pages.

I think this will continue to hurt Hillary - only her die hard fans view this as a witch hunt.

Oh...no question...Hillary's "untrustworthy" ratings in polls is crazy high even among Democrats...but Trump's are higher!

Follow?..."hurt Hilalry" is relative. Standing beside Donald Trump she looks like George Washington.

link   
They are lying about the perjury and the '3' emails.

There were thousands deleted that were work related but not classified.
They were subpoenaed by Congress and Hillary testified that all had been turned over.
She lied under oath to Congress.

It isn't about 3 emails.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JetBlackStare

Well, they're sick about something they can't do anything about...

It's all wasted hot air and energy.

They ought to be running for office themselves. Getting government jobs to help steer the direction of the departments themselves. They ought to be helping craft legislation and getting involved.

Couch-complaining is a time-tested way to make yourself feel better.

In the end though? It's just a waste of energy and something those in power want the people to be doing. They don't want you and I to become involved and actually work to change the system from the inside out.

I'm both surprised and not surprised by the reaction to this. On one hand I'm surprised so many people think they're experts on legal matters -- and on the other I'm not surprised how many people are freaking out like a portal to the 7th circle of hell has now opened.

TLDR: Everyone is behaving exactly as the people in power want. Those in control want upset, angry and distracted masses.
edit on 7-7-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join