It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIVE: FBI Director testifies before House Oversight Committee at 10am est. Live feed

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It's like watching a comedy, everybody sees it for what it is, but nobody will say what it is especially Comey

If it wasn't such a serious thing it would be a great laugh for everyone

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Selective hearing, and cherry picking to reinforce ones opinion is going to be the downfall of society.

There was so much more said in there, and a lot of it should have raised the brow of anyone with a high school education and unbiased listening ears.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I thought Gowdy was awesome.

Gowdy,Hurd,Chafetz.

All kicked snip today.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: texasgirl

He said could be up to ten worked on the server. The geeks on call never read emails so I don't know why you think that happened now. He said as much.

You know what else he said.

Chafetz "Did hillary clinton give access of classified material to those without clearance"
Comey "Yes"

ETA: Check out that post a few above this one.
edit on 7-7-2016 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I already stood behind Gowdy, I had no idea Chafetz had such a strong backboned, I was very impressed

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Yep, Comey was sweating and looking taken aback during that line of questioning.

One thing we have seen from this is that the FBI did NOT fully investigate this. They took a very narrow approach, and ignored all of the other laws that were broken in the process of the use of this server and in the things that happened during the investigation.
edit on 7/7/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Selective hearing, and cherry picking to reinforce ones opinion is going to be the downfall of society.

There was so much more said in there, and a lot of it should have raised the brow of anyone with a high school education and unbiased listening ears.

It does seem that whenever Comey had to exercise his own discretion in reaching conclusions, he consistently came down on Hillary's side.

link   
kinda makes me wonder if they threw a softball over the email to try and go for a home run on the foundation... I doubt it... but it is possible.

The fact comey shifted in his seat and tightened up when asked about a foundation investigation was certainly interesting I would love to hear from folks that are good at reading body language (I suck and it looked obvious to me) to see if I am in the ball park.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I think Chaffetz just opened up the whole thing with having Comey admit Clinton INTENTIONALLY gave unauthorized lawyers w/o security clearance access to sensitive government information.

I really do believe it was Comely that opened all of this up giving his press conference.

He knew he could not get her on the "intent' or "gross negligence"...as he expained today very well.

Comely did provide the panel an immediate road map prior to announcing his reccomendation not to prosecute based upon the one part of the investigation, by basically telling folks [paraph] 'hey guys look there....can't do anything here' while at the same time washing his hands of the initial investigation.

He threw it all out on the table and admitted today he was not charged to investigate certain aspects of Hillary. Chaffetz basically now will have him cut loose.

mg

link   
A shame we will never know what the FBI asked her about for over 3 hours. This can't be standard FBI protocol. Who was present? Were her lawyers present? Did she ever plead the 5th or refuse to answer any questions.....

Very disturbing and a real soft spot in Comey's credibility. And her lawyers all up in her junk with no clearances....this is not going away for a while. Likely just getting started.

link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

He said over and over that this would apply to you me or anyone. He said over and over he wasn't bought off. He said it was apolitical. He said if was unbiased.

Hillary said she was under sniper fire.

Hillary said she did not have classified emails.

Hillary said she was not under investigation by the FBI.

So what exactly is your point , besides proving that officials at that level say a bunch of BS?

Come to think of it , you said the exact same things as Hillary, LOL

edit on 49731America/ChicagoThu, 07 Jul 2016 15:49:02 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Well, truthfully, this isn't a game changer. If you didn't like her before, you still don't. If you did, you still do.

ATS is an island of mostly curious truth seekers in a sea of lies, propaganda, disinfo, etc, and even we have our blinded hard-partisans. There is some small chance, I suppose, that this circus will influence a very narrow margin of independents and undecideds.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: missed_gear

He knew he could not get her on the "intent' or "gross negligence"...as he expained today very well.

Ah, but he could get her on intent as Gowdy pointed out. He just chose not to.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Did they just say that a thumbdrive was found in an attorney's office with emails on it?

I may have misheard that...

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I honestly think he was walking a tightrope to get the truth out there, and keep his job/life relatively intact...

I am 43... I dont remember any other time an FBI agent went public with the how and why they decided not to pursue criminal charges...

ETA: well fbi in general... not just an agent.
edit on 7-7-2016 by Irishhaf because: additional thought

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Did they just say that a thumbdrive was found in an attorney's office with emails on it?

I may have misheard that...

Missed that too.
Interesting, if true.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Is there anywhere to watch this streaming or otherwise?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642
Is there anywhere to watch this streaming or otherwise?

Here you go.

link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: JetBlackStare

Not one thing about today can be said to have gone in Hilary (C)'s favour, despite mr potato head's summing up.

Straight up...she is running for President against the most disliked party nominee in statistical history...she doesn't need much for things to be going her way.

What the GOP aren't getting inside their vitriolic bubble and circle-jerk never ending "investigations" is that the American public doesn't give SH*&. They are concerned about paying bills, jobs and where the country is going...not whether 3 out of 30k emails had a (c) designation that Hillary Clinton might or might not have recognized as meaning classified.

The House/Senate GOP can and probably will focus on this and open new hearings all the way into the election...where-upon Clinton will win office and the Senate will flip to Dems and the GOP will hold the house by a slim margin...

Bubble and ideological circle jerk...makes all the Hillary haters feel better, but further alienates the majority of American voter that thinks...WTF is wrong with these people..it's over and most of stopped caring months ago. What about JOBS and my PAYCHECK.
edit on 7-7-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

link   
From earlier:

I can't believe that the head of the FBI would say that the tech guys maintaining the server would not have access to email.
How dumb is that?
- That was part of the questioning regarding people without clearances having access to the emails.

Part of my job includes maintaining an email server.
I do not peek at email content unless upper management specifically requests it for a specific person, or occasionally if a user is having a specific issue, and I access their account for the moment with their permission. That's an ethical thing.
But if I wanted to, or had bad intentions, I could certainly get to emails. If her tech guy was somehow paid by someone else to get info, he could certainly get it.

Giving technical access to someone who does not have clearance was a major risk to national security.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join