It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Noah’s Ark Attraction In Kentucky Features Caged Dinosaurs

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

originally posted by: DanDanDat

As an atheist I will never understand where such animosity comes form that causes people to ridicule the beliefs of others they don’t agree with. Where does the passion come from that causes someone to seek out, read, cut up, make a post about and comment on for hours regarding subject matter that they find silly?

Because this Ken Ham is raking in money teaching people simple absolute BS, like dinosaurs were kept in wooden cages on the Ark ( you know... 75 million years after they went extinct). The likes of which would see the HOAX bin faster than you can scream " Phage, where are you?!?!"

Why does it matter? That was my question; 'Where does the passion come from that causes someone to seek out, read, cut up, make a post about and comment on for hours regarding subject matter that they find silly?'

Call me crazy when I question the same folks who want you to believe 'their truth' , when they're relying on one source for their 'facts'.

Plus its always good to know who buys into this simply to weed people out.

No problem with faith at all. But dont use 'faith' as scientific proof of ANYTHING other than proof you exist because youre thinking.

Weed them out for what?

I mean if they where promoting hate and violence; by all means weed them out.

Weeding them out for dino/ark beliefs seems a bit nonsensical and childish

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: DanDanDat

Sounds like a good topic for a thread of your own then. Hop to it.

I don’t think there is a need for a new topic to discuss the issue; this one will do fine.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

With those kind of guidelines most of the topics of conversation on this site would be off limits to you.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

As an atheist I will never understand where such animosity comes form that causes people to ridicule the beliefs of others they don’t agree with. Where does the passion come from that causes someone to seek out, read, cut up, make a post about and comment on for hours regarding subject matter that they find silly?

Because this Ken Ham is raking in money teaching people simple absolute BS, like dinosaurs were kept in wooden cages on the Ark ( you know... 75 million years after they went extinct). The likes of which would see the HOAX bin faster than you can scream " Phage, where are you?!?!"

Why does it matter? That was my question; 'Where does the passion come from that causes someone to seek out, read, cut up, make a post about and comment on for hours regarding subject matter that they find silly?'

Call me crazy when I question the same folks who want you to believe 'their truth' , when they're relying on one source for their 'facts'.

No problem with faith at all. But dont use 'faith' as scientific proof of ANYTHING other than proof you exist because youre thinking.

Weed them out for what?

have you forgotten why the ark was built in the first place? drowning an entire planet strikes me as pretty hateful and violent.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

No, it will cause thread drift, start a thread about this if you're interested.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody

With those kind of guidelines most of the topics of conversation on this site would be off limits to you.

I didn't advocate that this topic be "off limits".

I was questioning where the motivation to have the topic comes from.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

How does something come from nothing?

link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Weed them out for what?

have you forgotten why the ark was built in the first place? drowning an entire planet strikes me as pretty hateful and violent.

On the part of a fictional God; not the people who visit/made this dino/ark.

link   

Weed them out for what?

Took the words right out of my keyboard

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Weed them out for what?

Need we not remind you the COUNTLESS atrocities committed under the name of the bible. Seriously?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t this is great news, thanks for this..I'm glad some one knows the truth about how dinosaurs existed alongside Mankind.
The pictures are great, they look so subdued... like they realized their natural order is in obeying humankind.
I can finally breath, I think they had that strange reptilian smell..and in my studies, they have all become birds... and chickens... komodo dragons, even... nasty beasts, spit very dangerous
:.yet taxable ( can be tame too..in a way..according to book I have read)
Thanks again for the insightful post,
Will study again.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

"off limits" was the wrong term, I'm not sure how to word it.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Weed them out for what?

exalting an act of genocide by a fictional being is no less repugnant than building a memorial to honor auschwitz. its the principle involved, recognizing brutality and admiring it.
edit on 7-7-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

link   
dp. cmon ats coding ninja monkeys, get it together now.
edit on 7-7-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I wonder how long it will take before someone twists this and there's a thread with a title similar to "PROOF of dinosaurs on the Ark!!!" And there's a picture of this ridiculousness.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Weed them out for what?

Need we not remind you the COUNTLESS atrocities committed under the name of the bible. Seriously?

So than weed those people who committed COUNTLESS atrocities out;

is there any evidence that the dino/ark folks plan to commit atrocities?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: Krazysh0t this is great news, thanks for this..I'm glad some one knows the truth about how dinosaurs existed alongside Mankind.
The pictures are great, they look so subdued... like they realized their natural order is in obeying humankind.
I can finally breath, I think they had that strange reptilian smell..and in my studies, they have all become birds... and chickens... komodo dragons, even... nasty beasts, spit very dangerous
:.yet taxable ( can be tame too..in a way..according to book I have read)
Thanks again for the insightful post,
Will study again.

Well excellent example of a post that irks me. And I cant really explain why aside from the obvious.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Weed them out for what?

Than weed out those people who committed COUNTLESS atrocities under the name of the bible.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Weed them out for what?

So than weed those people who committed COUNTLESS atrocities out;

Ken Ham is a confidence man. He has gained the confidence of a great many Christians and has deceived them. Why have they given him their confidence? Because he says what they want to hear, claiming to be defending the Word of God from its evil attackers. Con artists who say such things to conservative Christians have often successfully duped and bilked them. But as if that is not enough, he wants others to be like him. His post is about the importance not of being accurate, or of being precisely nuanced, but of sounding confident when agreeing with Ham’s position. And, as the end of the post indicates, about giving Ham’s organization money for its products.

One of Ham’s associates tried such a confidence trick at Butler University, where I teach. Terry Mortensen made confident assertions about the meaning of a word in the Biblical text. It turned out that he could not do what even someone who had a semester of one of the languages a decade earlier was able to do when I told them the story: recognize which of the Biblical languages they were hearing. As a Biblical scholar, I will be the first to acknowledge that, not least because of different pronunciations, it can indeed be difficult to understand Biblical texts aurally that one would have no problem understanding if reading them. But if you can’t even recognize the language, then you do not know the language.

www.patheos.com... logs/exploringourmatrix/2012/06/ken-ham-wants-other-christians-to-be-con-artists-like-he-is.html

Quick goodle search on Ken Ham. Hes conning people for money. So Id call stealing from the ignorant in the name of faith, an atrocity.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Weed them out for what?

Than weed out those people who committed COUNTLESS atrocities under the name of the bible.

no, it just says that if a superhuman entity does threaten the extinction of our race if we dont submit, they will be the first to do so.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join