It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snake / Worm / Thread like UFO over Auckland, New Zealand, July 2016. Video + photos

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Hi ATS.

In recent days, a friend of mine posted in a popular Facebook group here in New Zealand called "Awake & Aware NZ" regarding an unidentified object she filmed in the skies over Auckland, New Zealand. You can view the group page here and the post in question here.

As the story goes, she was driving her car here in Auckland, New Zealand on July 6th and noticed a thread like Snake or Worm shape object moving in the sky so she pulled over and proceeded to film it.

Her original comment to her post;

Sunnynook today at 10:30am.. I don't have any explanation for this object in the sky. Watched it for a minute before I started filming- does anybody know what this is?! Long tubular object. Not a banner from the back of a plane or a Kite.. While I was watching it it was moving in spiral shapes, Circles and s shape but wasn't moving across the sky was staying in one spot! What is it?!

Link to her video here ~UFO over Sunnynook, Auckland, New Zealand ~ 6th July 2016

Object by day (July 6th)

In the group people are dismissing her video as "something on the lens", "birds", "wind sock" and "kite". I don't know what it is but the story continued to develop when two other posters commented they had seen / filmed similar objects, one on the same day a few kilometres away and the other, 2 days prior at a couple hundred km's south from our city on the coast at night.

Object at night (July 4th)

The other two videos can be seen here;

UFO over Albany, Auckland, New Zealand ~ 6th July 2016

UFO over Papamoa, Auckland, New Zealand ~ 4th July 2016.

I've uploaded all three raw video files and full resolution photos from the night sighting to a drive folder for access here. I welcome and encourage any/all of you to check the validity of said material and reveal any/all artifacts or highlights where and if possible.

As a long time user of ATS, i'm posting this content here because i appreciate intelligent debate and debunking powers of the community. I ask, that if you make it into the Facebook group that you don't go tearing the young woman a new one. I know her very well, she is a lovely person, this isn't a hoax or joke and i certainly wouldn't waste my time posting all of this content if i didn't think it was worth speculation.

Thanks for your input, really keen to hear your thoughts and opinions.

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dreamkidd
Hi ATS.

In recent days, a friend of mine posted in a popular Facebook group here in New Zealand called "Awake & Aware NZ" regarding an unidentified object she filmed in the skies over Auckland, New Zealand.

They are balloons....

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

oh yeah? Any links to the long balloons with lights?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Hello!

Object by day (July 6th)

This daylight photo of a "snake/worm-like object" reminds me of some sort of solar balloon:

In the group people are dismissing her video as "something on the lens", "birds", "wind sock" and "kite". I don't know what it is but the story continued to develop when two other posters commented they had seen / filmed similar objects, one on the same day a few kilometres away and the other, 2 days prior at a couple hundred km's south from our city on the coast at night.

Object at night (July 4th)

Do you know if the camera was on a tripod? Also, what was the exposure time? I ask this because this really looks like a star photographed on a shaking camera with a relatively long exposure time :

The colors variations are typical of a sparkle star.
edit on 7-7-2016 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Would you like to provide... You know, evidence, explanations, comparison pictures, anything more than a three word sentence, minor stuff like that?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: elevenaugust

The resemblance to the solar balloon seems fairly high for the first one. I would have expected it to move around a bit more in the wind, but the movement itself seems balloon-like. I take it then that the day-time object and the night-time object are likely of different origins?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Hi elevenaugust,

A Solar Balloon might be a very good suggestion, i've never heard or seen one of those before. What sort of companies or agencies might be testing those here and before i use google, what is their function?

The night shots and footage was filmed on a Samsung Galaxy phone without tripod.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn

The resemblance to the solar balloon seems fairly high for the first one. I would have expected it to move around a bit more in the wind, but the movement itself seems balloon-like. I take it then that the day-time object and the night-time object are likely of different origins?

Hi again. Yes the two objects are of different origins, couple of hundred km's and 2 days apart.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
A local car dealership had a huge, very long helium-filled balloon tied to its roof to attract attention. It got the job done. Perhaps the object in this video is something similar that broke free from the tether lines. That's what it looks like to me.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Dreamkidd

Ah, what I meant by that is to say that the two objects were entirely separate things. That is, rather than an apple one day and another apple the next, an apple one day but an orange the next.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
It looks like space plasma seen in the daytime sky...I don't know how to embed an image but here is the link with several pictures

Pax
space plasma

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   
idk have you guys actually watched the first clip? it looks like it could be a balloon at first but then it bends in a way that is decidedly un-balloonlike. Not saying it's ~not~ a balloon but right now that feels like a pretty unsatisfying answer

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

I just watched it, it looks like a ballon bending how i woild expect a ballon of that size and shape to bend. You came to the wrong place if you want a satisfying answer ;-)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
None of these are flying to their own accord. They look very much like balloons. The one at night looks exactly like a Chinese lantern that are so 'in' at the moment.
I myself have seen a 'fleet' of them and for a second thought UFOs but then they flicker in a distinct way and just drift around.

Why does anybody have to 'test' those snake balloons. You can just buy them. I don't even think it is relevant that two of them have been spotted in Australia miles apart. So what, two people bought one and let them fly for lolz.

There are images of these balloons and of chinese lanterns.

What more can we say. It is explained. If it looks like a Duck and quacks like a duck, it is very probably a duck and not an alien dragon...

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

perhaps satisfying was a poor choice of word ;p

if you have experience of balloons that size and shape, at that sort of altitude, then i have to concede to you as it's completely out of my own experience and all i have to go on is assumption, extrapolation, and gut feel.
i do wonder what manner of job one would have to gain that sort of experience though?
edit on 7-7-2016 by continuousThunder because: oops accidental code bracket

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Dreamkidd

Rods. Reminds me of them.
Remember that phase of strange creatures madness?
Were rods a thing here on ats??

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Yes rods (bugs) have been discussed on here.
As for the pics, I'm also going with solar balloon.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Hi elevenaugust,

A Solar Balloon might be a very good suggestion, i've never heard or seen one of those before. What sort of companies or agencies might be testing those here and before i use google, what is their function?

The night shots and footage was filmed on a Samsung Galaxy phone without tripod.

Hi Dreamkidd,

Not sure if any companies or agencies might test some of these solar balloons, however they are easy to find anywhere for people just for fun. You can even find some labelled "UFO solar balloon" which is kind of funny :

Also, they can be found in various shapes, such as these :

About the night shots, is there a way for you either to find the exposure time in the EXIF metadata or to post a link to the original photo? This way I could check if the "shaking star" hypothesis is possible.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

About the night shots, is there a way for you either to find the exposure time in the EXIF metadata or to post a link to the original photo? This way I could check if the "shaking star" hypothesis is possible.

I uploaded the raw files to the drive folder linked in my original post but if you tell me how to check the EXIF data i'd be happy to try..

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the balloon product pictures. I imagine a lot of people see those and don't know what to make of it.
edit on 7-7-2016 by Autograf because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join