It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Been Re-evaluating my tone, attitude etc. re the gritchy one et al

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

...and now a dead 2 year old boy with injuries head to toe,the ambulance and police involved needing counciling.

information memes and contagions we record mental illness for posterity call it entertainment download it then wonder why people go off the rails,sorry to derail your thread but in terms of the subject matter what we are seeing now is total control of the narrative with regard to herr Clinton worthy of Goebells himself from Google searches to facebook and twitter channels,mainstream media,polling -complete control of the narrative and the elimination of free speech has arrived and people cant even recognize it.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

I quite agree.

No sweat on the thread.

My OP is about my wrestling with the raw evils thrust upon us and society that you are mentioning . . . by the bosses the C's & the WH imposter are stooges for.

It seems there are a limited number of sane, healthy, wholesome responses left any more. Which, I'm sure, is part of their goal and design.

Glad I'm not a policeman in such a situation, I'd either go catatonic or wildly raging, I suspect.

It gives me the willies just reading your brief mention. Sigh.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Yes in the next civil war shoot all those that sign the checks first rather those on the battlefield

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: hellobruce

According to . . . you.

No, according to every court where birthers lost a court case, over 200 failed court cases, also the fact Obama is the legal POTUS, and has been for 7 years.

There are some of us that accept the possibility that Obama's life is a lie and he has a vengeance against America...and incidentally, that the birther thing has never been proven false, just vanquished from the courts and that his social security number is direct evidence of his being a bogus president if not American.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
and incidentally, that the birther thing has never been proven false, just vanquished from the courts and that his social security number is direct evidence of his being a bogus president if not American.

Garbage, the reason it was banished from every single court birthers tried it in was all they had was lies. His SSN just means some people have no clue at all how they work, remember they are not actually state based.... also:--
www.obamaconspiracy.org...

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Sigh... to reluctantly stray into the tangential valleys that this thread has meandered down - and to add an admittedly progressive voice to the din...

I supported Obama in both of his wins. The first time because I bought into "hope and change" and the second time because because I hoped that he might actually deliver that hope and change and spank our current, highly dysfunctional, grandstanding, obstructionist Congress in the process.

And before anyone jumps up to slam me for buying into the hope and change? If you happen to be wearing a hat that says "Make America Great Again" - maybe there's room for some reflection and prophetic learning.

Seven years later I'm sad to report that I don't have much hope that anything is going to change anytime soon. Too big to fail is still too big to fail. All three branches of our Government still openly rub our faces in the fact that "We the People" has been replaced by "They, The Lobbyists and Monied Interests" - in fact maybe even more openly than under Bush/Cheney. We still bomb innocent civilians in other countries for no better damn reason than the fact that we used to make weapons when we needed them for wars but now we make wars because Corporations need them to sell weapons.... And I could go on and on.

But on the other hand:

Seven years on, despite the propaganda, Obama did not hand us over to Daesh and we are not a Caliphate.
Seven years on, despite the propaganda, gun confiscations didn't happen. ( In fact we're at an all time high in sales and ownership )
Seven years on, despite the propaganda, Corporations enjoy fewer regulations than before.
Seven years on, despite the propaganda, social services have actually been cut, not given to everyone.

And so forth.

History will see Obama as a mediocre President. Not great. Not bad. But capable.

Which leads me to my point: If folks like me, progressives, had pushed hard and forced Obama to fulfill his promises, America would be a somewhat more progressive place. We'd have a higher minimum wage, single payer healthcare, and at least some rational taxation and business / banking sector regulations in place.

But we don't.

And if Conservatives would have focused on something other than birther and Muslim conspiracies - they might have convinced progressives that Obama was just another middle right, pro establishment politician.

We all dropped the ball and now we're not just in the same boat as we were before the crash of 2007 - we're even further over the cliff.

Let's not make the same damn mistakes again by falling for catch phrases and rhetoric.

Though with Trump and Clinton to choose from at this point?

Doomed. We're doomed.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Great rant lol, Obama the anti christ is coming for your ice cream, god told me, make sure you stock up on ice cream , it will save your soul, from the muslim commie dog eating anti christ.

I have proof in my basement that obama is really from mars. Trump told me this to be true.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Its a tough time and place we find ourselves in ."because lawlessness will abound ,the love of many will grow cold " I was thinking earlier before reading your thread and realizing what you have put in your post . This came to mind " Philippians 4:8New International Version (NIV)

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

Maybe its as simple as not clicking on a thread .But we are championed to expose the evil as well ...Keep the faith brother and may your love prevail ...peace

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I've felt what I would call real hatred once in my life. I don't understand how anyone who claims to hate something sustains that level of emotion for very long, or at least as long as they claim to. I'm of the mind that they either aren't experiencing it, or they are far, far different people than I am. I just don't think I could keep it up.

Right now, our government is something of a sad joke, and I don't think I would shed a tear for it if someone nuked it.

Don't get me wrong. I would shed a tear for a lot of people who died in the blast, just not many of the officials themselves.

I remember learning about a system of government we were supposed to have and a rule of law and all those other things that protected us ... and I guess maybe I'm in mourning. I think we've walked across some bridges and it only goes downhill from here. A lot of people will call this hyperbole, but I don't think I'm wrong.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

History will see Obama as a mediocre President. Not great. Not bad. But capable.

History is one of those things - people will interpret what happened a thousand different ways - but eventually a picture will emerge from that chaos. With time, the Obama presidency will be seen for what it was - failure in the face of overwhelming adversity

But, not complete failure - only falling short of making all our dreams come true. I don't exactly see that as being his fault

He was never meant to be a savior - we have to quit looking for saviors

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: BO XIAN
none are so blind as those who WILL NOT see.

That would include the birthers refusing to accept the facts!
Wew should ask Loretta Fuddy, since she is the one who handed it over. You remember her dont you? She worked for the man pictured on the left

Oh wait, we cant ask her, SHES DEAD

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Not totally certain how this turned into an almost exclusively Imposter-in-Chief thread but . . . there it is. LOL.

I think the fact that it has is indicative of what I outlined that I was wrestling with in the OP.

Notions of

--GOOD/EVIL;
--RIGHT/WRONG;

--TRUE/FALSE;
--REAL/UNREAL;

--PLAUSIBLE/IRRATIONAL;
--FREEDOM/ANARCHY;

--FREEDOM/SLAVERY;
--ORDER/CHAOS;

--LIFE/DEATH;
--ENLIGHTENMENT/LOBOTOMIZATION; . . .

--PRIDE/HUMILITY;
--RIGHTEOUSNESS, ETERNAL LIFE/LOVED PERVERSENESS, ETERNAL DEATH;

are extremely conflicted now in our culture and, therefore, on ATS.

It would be one thing if these issues were relatively minor issues about which we had merely fairly comfortable to tolerable differing opinions.

But the issues

--strike to the core of our being;
--of who we are;

--why we are here;
--where we are headed;

--how we plan to get 'there;'
--what is rightful and proper authority;

--what is freedom--true freedom vs anarchy;
--how we handle starkly differing constructions on reality;

--how we relate to those who have values virtually opposite our own;
--how we relate to those seeking our enslavement; our death; our hurt; our destruction;

--how we relate to those destroying our lives, our families, our homes, our neighborhoods, our Republic;

--how we survive wrenching double binds where we are damned if we do and damned if we don't;

--how we handle a culture and a national media that calls good, evil & evil, good; white, black & black, white; up, down & down, up;

--how we handle recreational murder, horrific child abuse, professional deception and criminal activity in high places;

--how we face ourselves in the mirror;
--how we lay ourselves down at night to sleep;

--how we feed ourselves and our families;
--how we work and/or face an incapacity to work for whatever personal and/or systemic reasons;

--how honest we are with ourselves;
--how honest we are with our spouses;
--how honest we are with our children;
--how honest we are with our bosses & co-workers;
--how honest we are with God;

--how we handle others who are hopeless, helpless;
--how we handle ourselves and life when we feel hopeless, helpless;

. . .
. . .
. . .

Somewhat rational people on most sides of most major issues are answering most of those questions quite differently--often in opposite ways.

A culture, a people, a tribe, a group . . . cannot long survive such STARK AND VERY INTENSE differences and tensions.

. . . any more than a family can . . . or a single thinking soul can.

There is an Evil that has a blood-lust love for chaos, torture, murder, mayhem, conflict, slavery, tyranny, deception . . .

That evil is great at enlisting stooges in behalf of such evil themes, actions, goals . . . and then trashes even its own stooges when it is ready to cast them aside like used toilet paper.

Most stooges don't believe that . . . "Can't happen to ME, I"m different! I can dance with death and win, smelling like a rose with a newer fancier car, house, bank account and power and influence above my contemporaries."

It never works out that way, however . . . not truly for long, even if it is decades long. In perspective, that's a flash in the pan of existence . . . particularly eternal existence with God or without God, alone with the horrors of one's own black hearted soul.

So, I have chosen to still endeavor to be kind and loving as much as I can, by His Grace, with His Help, be.

And, I choose to also rise to the challenge of speaking truth in a culture that prefers lies and deceptions at the highest levels down to the lowest levels.

Quite a gig, ain't it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join