It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Shoot Boyfriend For Grabbing Requested ID

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Oh look. another dummy reaches for something instead of freezing in his tracks. He should had when stopped put his hands up at the first instance the cop walked up. Then he should had told th eman he has a CCW. Then the partner of the cop should had came over while his partner covered the driver and removed the gun and his ID for him.

This could had been handled calm as a regular stop if both sides would had thought.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

He wasn't "armed" in the pejorative sense that you are attempting to use the term. He had a license to carry a concealed weapon. That would indicate protection for himself and his family. Why would the officer assume the guy would try to protect himself from police at a routine traffic stop? How many white guys with CCW permits end up dead at traffic stops?

Well, we do not know what happened at the moment the cop shot. So far, they found drugs and alcohol in the car, and to legally carry a gun, you can't be having either, while carrying. So maybe this man was not law abiding to begin with.

*edit to add*
People keep thinking im pro cop no matter what, and to murder all criminals! I just want the facts and people are automatically jumping to conclusions and vilifying these cops, when in just about every other similar case, the cops did nothing wrong. Yes we have a witness saying, in her version what happened. How many other cases have these witnesses straight up lied about what really happened?

iTruthSeeker

This is what I said several pages back, when in the video she says we got a little weed in the car. And people said they didn't believe it or hear it. Exactly though as far as being a ccw and having those items in your possession.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: jaynkeel

The is a BS excuse to deny someone's right to carry. A little weed? Give us the citizens a break!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Oh look. another dummy reaches for something instead of freezing in his tracks. He should had when stopped put his hands up at the first instance the cop walked up. Then he should had told th eman he has a CCW. Then the partner of the cop should had came over while his partner covered the driver and removed the gun and his ID for him.

This could had been handled calm as a regular stop if both sides would had thought.

And this is the type of mindset that allows tyranny to breed.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

It sounds like the girlfriend has spoken publicly on a live feed about the incident since those "missing" reports went out, so I think it's safe to say she's not missing

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: shredderofsouls

I don't see any evidence this man was shot for racial reasons. He was shot by an officer who is an idiot which could (sadly) happen to any of us.

This is tragic and complete BS, but doesn't requite a racial spin.

ETA: I see you edited out your racial spin...good for you.

There's no obvious, direct evidence just from the video, this is true. But the racial reasons may not be overt, but there's a book on biases (I wanna say it's called Suspicion Nation) that discusses this very type of thing. White cops are more likely to shoot a black person over a similar white person because they view them as inherently more intimidating and threatening. Not to say this cop here is racist, but he may have biases that would lead to a quick trigger finger.

I just watched a vid of some white guy brawling with two cops in a restaurant. I couldnt help but think if that were a black guy, he'd have been riddked with bullets.
edit on 7-7-2016 by jordan77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Has anyone pointed out this was not a white cop killing a black driver? She states he is asian in appearance.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
This guy has 31 minor traffic violations since 2002. WHAT?

If I'm the FBI and I hear that stat and see how this stop for something as minor as a broken tail light went so wrong, I'm going to be looking real hard to see if there are some Ferguson-style tactics being used in that town. In other words, making money by targeting/harrassing minority drivers.

Also, why did they force her onto the ground, cuff her and separate her from her four year old at the station? It was a traffic stop.

edit on 7/7/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Again this cop WILL NOT be convicted or if he is he'll get a suspended sentence or no jail time.

It happens all the time.

Any civilian would at least get manslaughter

And why is it always black men?

We know why

It looks like a long hot summer is upon us

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

With stats like that...I'd be investing in roller blades or a bike. There's no way I'd risk driving in a town that gives such excessive tickets.

Wait, they can still ticket you on a bike though I think. Hm...

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Let me save the mods the trouble.
edit on 7/7/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I would have told the cop about the concealed weapon first, but that does not excuse the cop who shot an INNOCENT MAN MULTIPLE TIMES AT CLOSE RANGE.

I don't trust cops anymore. I don't see why we should have to rely on them for personal safety. Clearly we are not any safer.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
In no way possible is one to take away from this that the WHITE cop wasn't not in FEAR of the BLACK MAN prior to shooting him.......hence why he shot him is because he was afraid of him....What video there is proves this point. The fact the woman recording this video feed was calm enough & polite enough to the WHITE COP to not get her and her damn 4 year old shot as well.a reply to: everyone

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
If he had not announced he was licensed to carry & he was in fact armed.....that's when the fear set in for the cop. IMHO if the driver had not said anything about being armed.... would not have been shot. I take it the cops car has on board computer, he was aware who he was pulling over, pretty sure he would have ran his license tag number.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
In no way possible is one to take away from this that the WHITE cop wasn't not in FEAR of the BLACK MAN prior to shooting him.......hence why he shot him is because he was afraid of him....What video there is proves this point. The fact the woman recording this video feed was calm enough & polite enough to the WHITE COP to not get her and her damn 4 year old shot as well.a reply to: everyone

he wasn't white he was asian according to her. Not that it makes a blind bit of difference but let's not turn this into a white racist cop argument. He was of an ethnic minority himself.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Tell me again how race is not an issue.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: jaynkeel

So it's okay to deny someone their Rights if they have alcohol or drugs on their person? But it's unconstitutional to deny someone who associates and sympathizes with terrorists their ability to own a gun?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Whether cop was Asian, white or zebra stripped from fruit strip gum land. The white appearing cop was in fear of the black appearing man. Period the end. You can hear the fear in his voice.a reply to: sg1642

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join