It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Shoot Boyfriend For Grabbing Requested ID

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Then don't scratch your head in wonderment when LEO take an over-defensive stance on dealing with the public. You are contributing to this insanity by perpetuating stereotypes, which is, ironically, what people also rightfully accuse LEOs of doing.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Then don't scratch your head in wonderment when LEO take an over-defensive stance on dealing with the public. You are contributing to this insanity by perpetuating stereotypes, which is, ironically, what people also rightfully accuse LEOs of doing.

He stereotyped himself.

Secondly you're right, it's words that are causing this...

Not the piss poor training...
Not the hiring of low IQ Neanderthals and giving them Carte Blanche to be JJ & E..
Not the massive roid rage epidemic...

It's being called a pig on an Internet forum.

How silly of me.
edit on 7-7-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Autocorrect.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: shredderofsouls

These fkin cops need to be disarmed, not the good decent American citizens who they have been taught are the enemy! Enough is enough.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

These fkin cops need to be disarmed, not the good decent American citizens who they have been taught are the enemy! Enough is enough.

No.

We have to learn to coexist and get sensible about it. Will that work 100%? Maybe not, but extremes are usually never the answer.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I didn't say words were the only problem, I said the rhetoric wasn't helping. Good try though.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I didn't say words were the only problem, I said the rhetoric wasn't helping. Good try though.

What is rhetoric, if not just words?

Semantics in my opinion.

You can keep calling them "LEOs"...

When they fail as an "officer" to "enforce laws" and become JJ&E over a traffic stop, that's when they become a pig.
IMO.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

What is rhetoric, if not just words?

Semantics in my opinion.

You can keep calling them "LEOs"...

When they fail as an "officer" to "enforce laws" and become JJ&E over a traffic stop, that's when they become a pig.
IMO.

Dude the bullets fly both ways. In this climate, with as many weapons as people carry, both legally and illegally, ya gotta stop and take a look at the root causes contributing to these types of situations from both sides to make any real difference.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

With all due respect, Lucidity (love your posts by the the way) I don't believe this is a two way street...

If there was daily police deaths at the hands of gun owners, I could agree with you...

In my opinion it's like blaming society for the establishment's reaction, rather than blaming the establishment for society's reaction...

& the root cause is the steroids, the low IQs being hired and given a gun and a badge and a union get out of jail free card, the racial prejudice, the lack of compassion or awareness of ones surroundings...

Bullets can fly both ways, but as of yet we've yet to see similar statistics for cop deaths that we see for innocent people.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: everyone

a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Her camera doesn't lie though and the officer absolutely reacts like he knows he screwed up.

What does her recording show then? What we see here is her claiming he asked for ID and then shot the man and the officer denying it. And how does the officer "act like he knew he screwed up" ? He just had to use his firearm, it goes to reason that he is not super calm and once again , we have no idea what transpired before that.

What the hell did you watch?

originally posted by: everyone

What does this even have to do with his race?

Sit down. Seriously.

I guess i will just ask again in regards to the comment "Her camera did not lie".

What exactly does her recording show then other then her claiming one thing and the officer claiming another. Because i have not seen the recording proof either. So what did you watch?

But ok if you feel i missed something i am open for it and you may point it out instead of asking me what i watched.

As far as me asking what all this has to do with race and you replying with "Sit down now" .....

Meaning? , "sit down now" .... This is supposed to mean what exactly?
In any case can you show me where all of this has shown to have to do with anything racially motivated or not ?

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoThu, 07 Jul 2016 09:20:01 -05001620167America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I hear ya, and I did mean we need to be looking at all the root causes, on both sides, including a few you've named. And right. Only about 21 officers killed so far this year by gunfire (that we know of), and in a nation full of people carrying weapons, some stress about that might always be on at least some cops minds.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

a reply to: kosmicjack

As to the question of the officers' training (all three of them this week), you know my theory on that. Waiting to see if they saw combat.

Maybe they train the cops differently in China. After all she said a few times where the cop was 'Chinese'. Maybe he'll get off on a technicality because he's really Korean. (I'm being sarcastic, as I don't think this was racial. Just a cop with an itchy trigger finger, he was freaking out afterwards, I bet it was the first time he fired his gun in the line of duty).

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

www.officer.com...

The "no.1 killer of police officers is suicide"...

This is what I mean when I talk about who they're hiring.

This is not to stigmatise suicide (which I've attempted) or mental health issues (which I have)...

This is simply to highlight the hiring process is flawed...

Let's imagine that for every two mental health suffering officers we have 1 jacked up Brownshirt...

This would suggest that at least 51 deaths per year caused by "LEOs" are not only preventable, but probably motivated by authoritarian wants...

& im being kind when I say 2:1 because I'm much more inclined to believe that the chance of a psycho trying to become a cop is much more likely than someone with suicidal tendencies.

I'd range it 5 psychos per poor mental health hiring.

But I'm being kind.

There is a problem alright, and they know how to deal with it, so I can only assume that they want outlaws with badges instead of a proper Law Enforcement agency.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

a reply to: kosmicjack

As to the question of the officers' training (all three of them this week), you know my theory on that. Waiting to see if they saw combat.

Maybe they train the cops differently in China. After all she said a few times where the cop was 'Chinese'. Maybe he'll get off on a technicality because he's really Korean. (I'm being sarcastic, as I don't think this was racial. Just a cop with an itchy trigger finger, he was freaking out afterwards, I bet it was the first time he fired his gun in the line of duty).

I also do not see any grounds to label this a racially motivated event. I have asked twice now and also for any proof of either claims from both parties but all i gotten so far some vague strange and empty response from lucidity. Im still waiting for lucidity to answer since i asked again.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Not one that as we understand announced he had a firearm & a license to have it. Fear on the cops part is what got this man shot 4 times. If you watch what video there is of incident.......you can SEE & HEAR THE FEAR IN THE COPS VOICE.a reply to: iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Nah it's easier to just shoot now, get exonerated by the union later.

I'm not so sure this cop will get exonerated. I wouldn't be surprised if he is charged with at least manslaughter.

ETA: And I'm pro-cop to boot. This just seems blatant though.

Oh there is no doubt he will be charged.

He won't be convicted though. We can bank on that.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

The argument justifiably stems from the fact that, proportionately, it's black males who die most frequently in encounters with LEO. So, it's suggestive of systemic discrimination. That's an entirely different thread though. lol!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Not one that as we understand announced he had a firearm & a license to have it. Fear on the cops part is what got this man shot 4 times. If you watch what video there is of incident.......you can SEE & HEAR THE FEAR IN THE COPS VOICE.a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Yes, but fear of what? So far i only see a bunch of assumption based on one party's claim. Yet the officers claim should equally be considered which is that he told him not to reach for anything at that point. If that is indeed what the officer said when the man in the car still did reach for his pocket then that would easily have raised the officers elevated state.

I am still waiting for the answers to my questions (preferably not the non-sensical ones that lucidity brought forward). How did the recording proof either of the claims and how is there anywhere proof that this was a racist event?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

a reply to: everyone

......proportionately, it's black males who die most frequently in encounters with LEO. So, it's suggestive of systemic discrimination. That's an entirely different thread though. lol!

Discrimination, of course, is wrong. But, proportionately, black males also commit more violent crime. Real or not, this fact most probably adds to any perceived discrimination in the back of an LEOs mind during said encounters. Discrimination in and of itself doesn't equate to LEO racism as black LEOs are also sometimes responsible for deaths in encounters with black victims. Agreed, this is an entirely different thread subject. I don't want to derail this one.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Philandro Castile sounds like a great dude. Worked in the cafeteria in a local school, sounded like a charitable/giving person. Too bad we lost him at such a young age over some power-hungry self-righteous scumbags on duty.

Will they be held accountable? I highly doubt it :/

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

Sure, disarm all criminals also and Im with you.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join