It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genetic test could spot future Alzheimer's disease at 35 years old

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

A new genetic test could identify people who are most at risk of Alzheimer’s disease when they are just 35 years old.

Would you take this test if/when it is available.

Although there are currently no treatments for dementia, most drugs in development aim at slowing down symptoms so catching the disease early is crucial. People at most risk could also make lifestyle changes, such as exercising more regularly and eating more healthily.

Think of the ramifications to medical coverage, personal relationships, stress about the future and to your occupation if your employer found out. Another thing to take into consideration is the present lack of treatment options. If you were told that your test show an inclination toward Alzheimers, I could see the the lack of new treatments being crushing.

I couldn't see taking this test. I hate to say it, ignorance can be bliss.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I absolutely would take the test.

It would be a useful tool if you were diagnosed early enough to make preparations.

It would make it easier on you and your family in the long run I think.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

makes me wonder.....
if the the micheal keaton version of batman when he talks about little poison here a little poison there is the end game to kill people

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

That does make good sense, prepping family for this horrible disease would be so helpful.

The problem I see is knowing sooooo early that this could make you not do some things in life. Imagine getting the diagnosis at 35 years old. If you didn't have kids would you? Get married or would you marry some one that has this diagnosis? Save for retirement?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: TNMockingbird

That does make good sense, prepping family for this horrible disease would be so helpful.

The problem I see is knowing sooooo early that this could make you not do some things in life. Imagine getting the diagnosis at 35 years old. If you didn't have kids would you? Get married or would you marry some one that has this diagnosis? Save for retirement?

I'd think it would make you want to have more kids, actually.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The gene tests just give you susceptibility. Environmental factors usually trump gene expression. If you were to know, you could adjust your diet to lower risk. Copper seems to have a factor in alzheimer disease.

If I would have had my genetics done years ago and they knew as much as they did today, the genetics would have showed definite problems with the five different meds I was given which caused lasting kidney problems and problems in my feet that is permanent. Also my teeth pushed up from one or two of those meds leading to breaking thirteen teeth and having them all pulled. Every six to eight months I was going to the dentist, my teeth were in decent shape before that..Five years of meds and I was intolerant to all five of ones they tried on me. It's hard on the body.

That is one example of how genetic testing can help a person. I was in real bad shape from taking those meds,

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
It is a devious plan to get people on mind-numbing drugs early. Alzheimers develops later in life and people have started to avoid some of the triggers (aluminium pans, cooking dishes, mercury fillings, etc.). So early "diagnosis" is another way to control population, incarcerate and subdue large numbers of people in their prime, when they are most likely to rebel and be capable of rebelling against psychotic government policies.
edit on 7-7-2016 by MARONAK because: (no reason given)

top topics

join