It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jason Richwine Harvard PHD Crushed The Immigration Debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I totally agree both with Stefan and Richwine. Now you may automatically dismiss something because this is a a Stefan video but the information present by Jason is amazing and clear. This will probably not fit your personal bias and emotional arguments for open borders.

They talk about the effects of immigration on STEM grads
The working class
Supply and demand on wages

Jason Richwine joins Stefan Molyneux to discuss the fiscal cost of immigrant welfare consumption, the challenges facing the working class, assimilation challenges into different cultures, correcting the Schrodinger's Immigrant meme, prevalence of immigrant welfare consumption, immigration as a government program, responding to open borders libertarians and how the overall narrative is influenced around the country.

Jason Richwine has a Ph.D. in Public Policy from Harvard University and is an analyst and contributor writer for National Review. Dr. Richwine's doctoral dissertation on "IQ and Immigration Policy" was the subject of media controversy in 2013, an can be read in it's entirety at: www.fdrurl.com...

Some more info about the authors and video for those of you willing to actually listen to the information before commenting.
edit on 7/6/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Does he cover the simple fact that genuine Americans are not reproducing their own kind by almost half?
Part of the reason why immigration is allowed by governments in the West and even in Russia and supported by business of all sorts is that there is a drastic reduction in economic growth--down into the minus numbers--if there are not an ever-enlarging number of bodies in the country to support economic growth.

Regardless of HOW the immigrants get here or how smart they are, they need services. Being poor and uneducated they help promote a lower standard of living for all of the middleclass which is also hit with taxes to provide those services.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

He covers how it's bs that the native population can't compete in the labor force because they expect regular wages and are left out.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
Regardless of HOW the immigrants get here or how smart they are, they need services. Being poor and uneducated they help promote a lower standard of living for all of the middleclass which is also hit with taxes to provide those services.

...all the more reason to show them the door. America MUST close our borders and we MUST stop this ridiculously archaic melting pot nonsense in which the USA is taking the dregs and outcasts of the world. There is not vast expanse of land west of the Mississippi in which hard working Americans can rush to settle in an effort to escape the flood waters anymore. You all in the Lesser 48 are penned in and need to start acting like it by voting for politicians with sensible closed door policies alongside mass deportations.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You all in the Lesser 48 are penned in and need to start acting like it by voting for politicians with sensible closed door policies alongside mass deportations.

Right...so tell are there any politicians out there anywhere that are into making less money for themselves and the corporations they are in bed with.....?

Correct me if i am wrong but those in charge make more money from their being more people in the labor pool right ?...so why would they care about the average American when they are so busy lining their own pockets ?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I agree with them. Watched it last nite.

I've watched pretty much all stefan's vids on immigration too.

Jason's opening statement got me right off the bat.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I can only handle so much Stefan but if he has a good guest on...

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Just on the subject of reproduction.
I know a couple of young graduates who are saving up to get married.
They are struggling with student loans and living with parents.
Work is not paying well and their jobs are not permanent.

I asked them when they would be expecting their first child and they looked a bit upset but then explained that they can't afford to think about that for another five years at least.
They don't even have the deposit for their own house yet.

Meanwhile, down the road is a nasty, horrible girl with several children from different fathers and lives in a three bedroom house.
Her rent is paid.
Her council tax is paid.
She is rewarded every time she gets pregnant and her biggest concern is whether or not she has credit for her phone and when she can get the colouring finished off on her new tattoo.

Now, you are welcome to fling names at me for snobbery etc. But in twenty years time, what kind of society are we going to see?
It hardly looks like we are setting a firm foundation for the future does it?
Honest, decent people can't afford to live while the scum have everything given to them on a plate.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

That problem could easily be fixed by other means such as economic incentives for larger families.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Well now. Let me chime in on this "educated" debate. So, I currently live in Texas. Previously I lived up north. My wife exclaimed in disbelief how many Hispanic kids piled off of the school bus the other day. You have to see it to believe it, it's like going to the circus and watching clowns endlessly pile out of the car. Their parents can't speak English and cart around government medical cards. They are breeding like crazy making those anchor babies like they are trying to repopulate the world. I see a bunch of them driving around $50k+ trucks. What the @$#& is going on here..... Something doesn't add up.

So maybe I should be cranking out kids. Oh, wait, my first wife left at Christmas time because of some really selfish reasons and failed horribly at becoming queen of the world like she thought she would be. Me, I got all the bills and a deep sense of regret for wanting to make a family. Guess how I felt about having children after very painfully learning how the system works? Scared me so much I avoided having kids with second wife. Kind of hard to take illegals to court for child support and rake em across the coals. Even if that is possible they could just run across the border for a bit I'm sure.

So yeah, some really smart guy (rolling eyes) trying to school me on immigration doesn't impress me one #$@% iota. Just one more sly lie to tell you the anal reaming you are getting is a massage. Evidently as our children get dumbed down it is easy to tell them how smart they are. Common sense need not apply.

Build that wall, kick out these damn parasites (both illegals and politicians), get some balls, take your country back. Or, just sit back until it is too late to do any damn thing at all.

edit on 17-7-2016 by Apollumi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join