It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Christian scripture - Enoch Parables - The parable of the mountains - part 1

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DefeatDeceit888

The council of Nicaea had nothing to do with the canon of the bible

That might settle the issue.... you're thinking of Laodicea

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Trinity isn't polytheism, Mormons would be Polytheists. The doctrine of the Trinity is that there is one God who exists in 3 persons. Not 3 gods. And why do you ask if I like to argue? Y keep replying to me therefore you leave it open for me to respond. You can't just throw out inaccurate historical statements like Constantine invented the Trinity when it was being discussed by Tertullian 200 years prior.

That's. Inaccurate. Information. It just seems to me that you love to troll, you spew half-truths or outright errors than totally lose your composure when corrected. Why not say "Oh wow, I had no idea Tertullian was writing about God as a "Trinitas" 200 years before Constantine, I guess I was incorrect."?

edit on 7-7-2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

Gospel of John was written 90-97 AD. Polycarp who was John's direct disciple and bishop of the church in Smyrna, quotes from it exensively in the early 2nd century. John wrote Reveltion, 1, 2, 3rd John and the gospel according to John from Patmos, he was released when Domitian died in 96 AD.

Old news old theories and old quotes but no Gospel of John as we know it existed until the third century. I don't make stuff up I do research and quotes are small portions that give no idea what the rest said.

It has even been called the most Gnostic of the Gospels and has no relation to the Synoptic Gospels.

Secondly, as stated above, Constantine was a 4th century Emperor, the first Christian theologian to use the word Trinity (Trinitas) was Tertuillian, 200 years before Constantine.

You got to lay off the Dan Brown books, his literary works are found in the fiction section of every bookstore.

Weak Dan Brown insults might sound like they are effective insults in your head but they are poor attempts at making me look like I have crazy ideas.

Constantine made Catholicism the state religion, he is the one who ordered the canon, whatever century.

And the Trinity still isn't Biblical.

In my last message I said whenever you are wrong you start with changing topics and insults and I happen to notice that you do it alot.

Nobody can tell you anything because you already know everything but in reality you are jumbled with factoids and have yet to sort out the history of your own religion back to its origins and then up to today and just spout everything the "official" religion believes.

Amazing is that we (most people) know that Catholicism/Christianity have the worst most corrupt history that you are continuing and to follow the same religion that killed millions and millions and millions of people for things that wouldn't get you arrested today is ignoring history.

You can take Christianity out of Catholicism but you can't take the Catholicism out of Christianity by changing a few rules and condemning your mother church.

What I am saying is we are on a conspiracy site and should know that Christianity is a lot of lies, despite its dominance.

Paganism, plain and simple. The resurrecting god man is the oldest story in the world and they all were born on Dec. 25

Meaning Jesus is a sun god, even if you don't celebrate Christmas he is still a sun god because all sun gods die for 3 days and are ressurected and always born Dec. 25.
edit on 7-7-2016 by DefeatDeceit888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Old news old theories and old quotes but no Gospel of John as we know it existed until the third century.

And that's false, Polycarp and Tertuillian quoted from it in 130 AD.

onstantine made Catholicism the state religion, he is the one who ordered the canon, whatever century.

Virtually everything you say is hogwash. Constantine legalized the faith, ended the persecution of Christians. (Edict of Toleration, 311 AD). Constantine's 2nd successor named Theodocius II was the Emperor who made Christianiy the State religion of the Roman Empire.

Meaning Jesus is a sun god, even if you don't celebrate Christmas he is still a sun god because all sun gods die for 3 days and are ressurected and always born Dec. 25.

Well, it follows to form that you didn't know the copycat thesis of Zeitgeist was shredded for being wholly inaccurate:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

The Logos existed in Judaism BEFORE Christianity and well before the Gospel of John was written. It was borrowed and applied to Jesus who was human.

Philo of Alexandria, c. 25 BCE – c. 50 CE

Philo used philosophical allegory to attempt to fuse and harmonize Greek philosophy with Jewish philosophy. His method followed the practices of both Jewish exegesis and Stoic philosophy. His allegorical exegesis was important for several Christian Church Fathers, but he has barely any reception history within Rabbinic Judaism.
Some scholars hold that his concept of the Logos as God's creative principle influenced early Christology. Other scholars, however, deny direct influence but say both Philo and Early Christianity borrow from a common source
wiki/Philo

If you read Philo, you find him interpreting Sophia(wisdom) as co-creative force (as said in some canonical Proverbs verses) and does some philosophy to make the Word = Torah.

Somehow I doubt the eternal relevance of Torah. It's totally meaningless outside of historical context. Imagine the command to genocide Amalekites existing from eternity to eternity.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

I like Judaeus. And Clement of Rome, Clement of Alexandria and Plutarch. He got the idea from being an open minded Alexandrian Jew borrowing from good Greek philosophy.

Monad, Ogdoad, Demiurge, the Gnostic terms also came from Plato.

You have no idea how happy it makes me that you know that.

I think Lucius Plutarch is Luke.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Do you know the Amalekites were a Nephilim tribe like the Rephaim? In Genesis 6 it says the Nephilim were on the Earth in Noah's day and after that. The spies that were sent by Moses reported back that there were Nephilim tribes occupying the promised land. Satan was attempting to pollute the line of the Messiah, he knew since The garden that God said the seed of the woman would crush his head.

When you consider God was telling the Hebrews to wipe out every trace of Nephilim it makes much more sense.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Many genocidal commands. Canaanites being the most famous, but we know they were not all killed because they were the Phoenicians and the source of most Hebrew Gods. El, Asherah, Baal, Mot (Azazel) Moloch, Leviathan is Tiamat I think.

Infanticidal too. He is a terrorist.

Thats where Philo, Clement and Plutarch come in.

If you learn even 5 or 6 of Philos rules for allegory it is a new book.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Old news old theories and old quotes but no Gospel of John as we know it existed until the third century.

onstantine made Catholicism the state religion, he is the one who ordered the canon, whatever century.

Virtually everything you say is hogwash. Constantine legalized the faith, ended the persecution of Christians. (Edict of Toleration, 311 AD). Constantine's 2nd successor named Theodocius II was the Emperor who made Christianiy the State religion of the Roman Empire.

Well, it follows to form that you didn't know the copycat thesis of Zeitgeist was shredded for being wholly inaccurate:

So Dan Brown doesn't work now you bust out zeitgeist?

That is a very common tactic you used twice and no matter how much you argue I don't care about Tertullian (are you Catholic?) and the Trinity is not in the Bible.

Catholicism DID turn Jesus into a sun god.

If you are not blind, that is. I don't care about that dumb ass documentary and didn't get my information from them.

Church symbols tell all the story I need.

The Pope is Dagon with the Mitre/Fish hat.

The sun is in every Catholic representation of Jesus, if not the halo/ring of Saturn.

IHS doesn't mean what you think it does.

Obelisks were hauled from Egypt to place in Rome.

The most Pagan symbol in existence representing the phallus of Osiris/Nimrod

Mystery Babylon.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

Constantine murdered several members of his immediate family and you are trying to make him a great guy.

Yeah right. He used Catholicism for political reasons and everyone knows it (besides you I guess).

Catholicism has a history of persecution unlike any in history lasting over 1000 years. Execution persecution that is. Burnings at the stake.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DefeatDeceit888

Constantine murdered several members of his immediate family and you are trying to make him a great guy.

Show me where I said he was a great guy, he was a pagan. I never made any statements about his morality.

Yeah right. He used Catholicism for political reasons and everyone knows it (besides you I guess).

Your facts are wrong, Constantine ended the persecution, it was the "Edict of Toleration" in 311 AD. Theodocius I was the Emperor who made Christianity the State religion of the Roman Empire in the "Edict of Thessolinica" in 380 AD.

(You can Google these 2 Edicts and read them, they are Roman historical documents)

Catholicism has a history of persecution unlike any in history lasting over 1000 years. Execution persecution that is. Burnings at the stake.

Yeah, they mostly killed Christians. I know.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

That would be the whole Dan Brown thing...

Speaking of which you didn't ever answer my question about that in the other thread

Not that it matters anymore... i forget what thread it was in

Again with the Dan Brown. I said there was no canon before Nicea, the first council it was discovered at. That is true.

Did I say Nicea was where the scriptural canon was finalized? Read my messages, I did not.

Is that like a common ats insult, anytime someone wants to (not that you are) discredit someone they say "Dan Brown, Dan Brown," and everyone thinks that's clever?

I never mentioned anti matter, Jesus wife, the Illuminati or Freemasonry I just recited regular history and that was weak. Dan Brown, please...

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

If you are not blind, that is. I don't care about that dumb ass documentary and didn't get my information from them.

Maybe you didn't, but you repeated the exact same "copycat theory" that was sold to people unaware in Zeitgeist. So whether you got it from Zeitgeist or not, it's still a debunked theory.

And why do you think I'm justifying Catholicism? Of course it worships the sun, yes it's one of the mystery religions. Islam is the other which initially began as a Christian cult. They worship the moon God of the Babylonian mystery religions. Catholicism carries the Satanic Trinity of Father, Son, Mother. (Nimrod, Simeramis, Tammuz).

Catholicism is pagan as hell, I'm not a Catholic. I'm not a denominational Christian either, I reject Calvinism and Arminianism and I don't celebrate Easter or Christmas. So you have to attack Catholics for Catholicism.

edit on 7-7-2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Virtually everything you say is hogwash. Constantine legalized the faith, ended the persecution of Christians. (Edict of Toleration, 311 AD).

You just called Constantine a 4th century Emperor, so how was he passing edicts in 311?

And this sounds like admiration to me, you asked me to show you where you called him a good guy, well this is it, you only mentioned a few things about a despicable man.

Words like hogwash do you no good either, because actually I have only told the true story which SOUNDS like hogwash to YOU because you have a lot to learn about your religion.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Gospel of John was written 90-97 AD. Polycarp who was John's direct disciple and bishop of the church in Smyrna, quotes from it exensively in the early 2nd century. John wrote Reveltion, 1, 2, 3rd John and the gospel according to John from Patmos, he was released when Domitian died in 96 AD.

Secondly, as stated above, Constantine was a 4th century Emperor, the first Christian theologian to use the word Trinity (Trinitas) was Tertuillian, 200 years before Constantine.

You got to lay off the Dan Brown books, his literary works are found in the fiction section of every bookstore.

I am hogwash, look at your comment here and then you claim that in 311 ad Constantine passed an edict?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

So is it 311 or the 4th century that Constantine was alive to pass the edict of Toleration. I now have proof you don't have your facts straight so....

Debate over.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DefeatDeceit888

So is it 311 or the 4th century that Constantine was alive to pass the edict of Toleration. I now have proof you don't have your facts straight so....

Debate over.

311 AD is the 4th century.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

You just called Constantine a 4th century Emperor, so how was he passing edicts in 311?

Are you being serious right now? I'll break it down for you..

Year 0-99 is the 1st century
Year 100-199 is the 2nd century
Year 200-299 is the 3rd century
Year 300-399 is the 4th century

And so on and so forth.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Why were you complaining about Constantine being a 4th century Emperor anyway?

I messed up on that, but unlike you I can admit when I made a mistake.

I began this conversation only for the purpose of stating that there was no legally enforced canon until Nicea OR later.

So that's how I am going to end it because it's the truth and your never gonna get that. I have explained it 6 ways from Sunday and nothing.

Because what you do over and over is argue until you are wrong and then change the subject, ignore key points and make a big deal out of meaningless ones.

Nicea was the beginning of Theocratic Christianity under the vile Constantine and the TRINITY IS NOT IN THE BIBLE.

JESUS ISN'T GOD IN THE BIBLE.

No Biblical Canon existed until AFTER NICEA. TRENT PROBABLY.

That is my Trinity of all I was saying before you started talking about distractions to avoid the Truth of those three statements.

But they are ALL True.

Now deal with it, deny it or lie about it you are a little too hard-headed and don't plan on learning anything that doesn't agree with your religion.

Just remember that religion isn't the church of Jesus Christ and is disguised pagan sun worship even if you aren't Catholic and use the Bible.

If you don't understand that you will never understand the Gospels.

Now get frustrated, call me Texx Marrs and go live your life in peace because I sure do. For instance I don't care that you are not open to the truth if it conflicts with your religion because you are grown and SHOULD be learning this on your own but instead you have decided to be a rogue amateur CARM wannabe (sorry, kind of rude but I am being honest).

While I have decided to learn the history of most religions and know that you say alot of dumb stuff.

You called Allah, YOUR God different language, different religion, Abrahamic with the same monotheistic God as Jews and Christians, A MOON GOD!

That is like k mart propaganda that only the truly biggoted believe and you probably don't read the Quran and I do.

Allah is God is God of Israel.

The Quran could not be more clear about this with Jesus, Mary, Moses, Abraham and many Biblical characters and no reasonable person would ever confuse Semiramis, Nimrods wife and mother, with Allah.

Good life Islamaphobe I don't know you.
edit on 7-7-2016 by DefeatDeceit888 because: add something

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

ETA
NOTurTypical beat me on the dating.
edit on 7-7-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join