It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I astral project?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Okay the craziest thing just happened and I have no idea what to even call it.

So I just got done with a meditation session, and after each meditation session I like to lay down and just meditate lying down. My goal is always to get to the vibrational state.

Anyway, I laid down and got super relaxed. Not too long after, my body started to undergo this weird feeling that I always feel when I do this. I think I was either dreaming or about to go to sleep, because I started thinking of like these aliens that came to Earth. They were taking me and some other people to their dimension. To get there, we had to cross hella other dimensions and at a fast pace.

Naturally, I started imagining going super fast. Suddenly, my actual body felt like it was zooming super fast, I honestly don’t know how to describe it. For a second I started to feel like I was sinking, but then I was floating, drifting diagonally away from my body.

The first thing I thought about were demons, so of course I got scared. The next thing I was thinking was “back to my body, back to my body, back to my body.” I was slowly (and I mean slowly) set back down into my body. And I mean slow-ly.

That was literally the farthest I’ve ever gone with something like this. I don’t even know what to categorize this as, but it was SO AWESOME.

Did I astral project briefly? Or . . . ?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

...... Or Not

I think not unless you can provide solid proof that Astral projection is a real phenomenon that can be proven otherwise.... did my cat just start quoting Plato? Or......

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: kfrances

It sure sounds like you did to me. I wish I could get to that stage.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Sounds like you had a very very mild epileptic episode, nothing to worry about.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I believe you did astral project, i don't know what else it would be. Other than you dreaming, or maybe even lucid. I have had the same feeling of your body going faster and faster. Its very hard to explain.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
She didn't have a seizure.......?? reply to: imod02

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Uh.. do your research man. Astral projection has been around for centuries. You can't provide 'solid proof' You simply have to experience it to believe it........ reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If you didn't feel the "snap" its just a dream.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

if going to refer to the possibility of demons and mention the world awesome i would be carefull you may be starting down a dark path

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

IDK but it sounds very familiar to me. I had a projection where I was traveling in a split second and it felt like a very swift, yet very light breeze had hit me as I moved.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

I don't believe that is true. For some, maybe.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpencerKey
Uh.. do your research man. Astral projection has been around for centuries. You can't provide 'solid proof' You simply have to experience it to believe it........ reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So you can't prove that its real but I have to believe it????

Honestly if anyone tries to tell me they can Astral Project unless i see some solid evidence proving this it is no more legitimate in my logical scientific mind than my claim that my kitty cat quotes Greek philosophers or my 5 year old nephew who tells me his lego toys come alive at night.

Just piss's me off at times anyone can claim anything as fact when there is actually nothing to substantiate said "fact".

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Honestly if anyone tries to tell me they can Astral Project unless i see some solid evidence

You'd have to find a person who has experienced AP and one who gives two shiites about your opinion.

If you haven't yet astral projected, you always have the rest of your lives to do so. Then you'll have all the proof you'd need.

Peace, Bro.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Sounds legit. If I have the proper understanding from your post that for a certain period of your experience you could observe your real body(corpse), as you are separated from it. If you do not pass through this the experience might be just up-leveled perception, like REM of so. In any way some parts of your post contradicts my understandings of OBE. Anyway I am also not a very knowledgeable in practical manner, i have only one example, which could be OBE. It lasted so briefly that I even don't want to count it. My difference from you is that it draw me fast and forcefully back to my body. It took it as sign for me, that I might really do not need it at the moment. Sure also it holds a dangers for the inexperience. And my current lifestyle contradicts with this too. So... good luck, bring me a cookie next time.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
a reply to: AMPTAH

I don't believe that is true. For some, maybe.

It depends on whether you fell asleep first, then projected and woke up during the travel or not.

Some people only project when unconscious, and they never feel the "snap". They awake during, but then can't distinguish between a lucid dream and a true astral projection.

So, the only way to know you're astral projecting is to do it fully conscious all the way. Then you never have to ask anyone else the question "Did I really project?"

If you're seeking validation, it's a dream.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Question:

Is "Astral projection", for a fact, a genuine scientific phenomenon?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It was not so long ago that many leading doctors did not belive in germs, so lets keep an open mind

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: donktheclown

Question:

Is "Astral projection", for a fact, a genuine scientific phenomenon?

No.

It's a genuine phenomenon. Because Astral projectors know that they project.

But, science requires "external observers" get some hard "repeatable data" to verify anything that is considered scientific.

Astral projection is mostly based on subjective reports of internal psychic experiences.

The experiences are real, and can be correlated with external measurements like brain waves etc...but the machines that record the brain activity don't show the scientist what the astral projector is "seeing".

So, all scientists have been able to determine, so far, is that some people can change their brain wave patterns, and enter different mental states, that show characteristic signals on the recording machines.

Now some people claim to be able to astral project into this same physical world. So, then they can bring back information about the world we also inhabit, and prove that they did, for example, go into the room next door and check what's on the wall etc...but, nobody with such a claim has been rigorously examined by scientists.

It frequently happens, that someone undergoing surgery, astral projects into this world, and is able to report what the doctors were doing while they were under anesthetic. However, naturally, this isn't repeatable. Nobody has deliberately gone back under the surgeon's knife, just to prove to scientists that they can project, by describing the scene while they were under.

Various yogi and gurus in the east claim to be able to project into this world, but they also conveniently say that exhibiting these "siddhi powers" (as they call them) to others is forbidden. So, again, no scientific proof.

Most people astral project into a "fantasy world" partly of their own making, and partly real but on another level of existence. They imagine something, and it materializes in front of them, and becomes part of the existing structure there. It is exactly as Jesus described,

[QUOTE]
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. -- KJV, Matthew 17:20
[END QUOTE]

You tell the mountain to move, and "viola" it moves. Only in the astral world.

In this physical world, you can stare down the mountain, and scream at it all day, and the mountain won't budge.

edit on 6-7-2016 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2016 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Here you go...

Although I don't feel the need to prove anything to anyone, you are getting on my nerves, so... here's your "scientific proof".

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Yes, it sounds like you were in the beginning stages of travel. I would suggest that you get your fears under control before trying again. People have some really bad experiences when they go in with fear... of anything.
Try to keep a "curious" mind and concentrate on going to Mars or something... don't think about demons. LOL

top topics

<<   2 >>

join