It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP calls FBI head Comey to testify this week

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

No as they dont work for the legislative branch. Only the President could fire them outright. Congress's recourse is impeachment as a check and balance to the Executive branch. Impeachment proceedings have their own criteria as to how its done. It wont happen the day they are going before congress.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Well that sucks.

Heres hoping for impeachment proceedings then.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
I think Comey believes she should be convicted. That was clear from his language.

That much has been obvious for a long time. Comey is not a Clinton supporter. He tried the highly unethical tactic of tough talk against Hillary in public interviews during the investigation trying to drum up public pressure from Clinton's supporters so that the FBI could act. They would have known very early on if they could proceed with an indictment recommendation or not, and they couldn't. They dragged the whole thing out while Comey tried to create the public pressure to do it anyways, and he failed.

If Trump is elected, because the case went no further now, it could be reopened again.

That would be an extremely bad precedent. You do not want to go down the road of electing people just so they'll prosecute your political opponents and throw them in jail. At the end of that road lies civil war.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

That would be an extremely bad precedent. You do not want to go down the road of electing people just so they'll prosecute your political opponents and throw them in jail. At the end of that road lies civil war.

That's not the point. The point is that she deserves to be prosecuted, and it will not happen with the current corrupt administration. So if the opportunity arises, then yes the case should be reopened.

The point is not to elect Trump just to convict Hillary. It's just satisfactory icing on the cake - and justice.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
And so the first stage of grief has begun.

Denial.

Many cannot accept that Hillary was not recommended for indictment, so they will deny and disbelieve what the FBI concluded and will lash out in anger (with possible congressional hearings) as they move through the various stages of grief.

Come back to reality, guys. It's over.

Let's work on something that really needs our attention.

I present you with Facts:

bigstory.ap.org...

www.youtube.com...

And MSNBC actually telling it like it is:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I never thought we would see this!!!!
MSM speaking out against their masters.

This is huge!

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
it's moot now with the DOJ announcing the case closed. comey will dance for 3 hours and it will be over

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: introvert
And so the first stage of grief has begun.

Denial.

Many cannot accept that Hillary was not recommended for indictment, so they will deny and disbelieve what the FBI concluded and will lash out in anger (with possible congressional hearings) as they move through the various stages of grief.

Come back to reality, guys. It's over.

Let's work on something that really needs our attention.

I present you with Facts:

bigstory.ap.org...

www.youtube.com...

And MSNBC actually telling it like it is:

Agree! This is great!

I really do believe the lies she was caught in are worth far more than the horrible, no-good, very bad judgment with the email server.

No one likes a liar. And I especially don't like the idea of a president with a record of lying to Congress.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
MSNBC spells Fox News!

It's raining cats and dogs/
edit on 6-7-2016 by neo96 because: oops wrong post.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

If the case is closed then that opens the door for Congressional FOIA as well as public FOIA.

EDIT AFTERTHOUGHT: That means it is far from over. Not going to be forgotten and will be dissected. Literally. I bet the FBI would be glad to help with FOIA.

I am with Blue. Comey was genius on rollerskates... We watched history that day for sure.
edit on 6-7-2016 by Terminal1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

MSNBC spells Fox News!

It's raining cats and dogs/

MSNBC needs the ratings !!!!

unFair and unBalanced is out of style since yesterday.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
James Comey said that no reasonable prosecutor would recommend charges.

I guess they found some unreasonable ones in Congress.
edit on 6-7-2016 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
That's not the point. The point is that she deserves to be prosecuted, and it will not happen with the current corrupt administration. So if the opportunity arises, then yes the case should be reopened.

The point is not to elect Trump just to convict Hillary. It's just satisfactory icing on the cake - and justice.

No, it's the entire point, and what I've been saying on this subject since it first popped up months ago. If Hillary did something wrong worth prosecuting or not doesn't matter. It would be an extremely bad idea to start charging high level members of previous administrations with crimes.

Everyone in government knows this, and no one is stupid enough to do it, even though they're not above using the issue to rally votes. Ford knew this when he pardoned Nixon, and those in power know it now. Once you reach a certain position in government you are legally untouchable outside of something extreme, and even then it might not happen. When you vote someone into power, you are voting to give that privilege to that person, their cabinet, and their family.

The FBI said they couldn't make a strong enough prosecution and abandoned the case. Benghazi was also reluctantly proven to lead nowhere. They are both over and done with. Leave the past in the past and accept that Hillary will not be prosecuted.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

FBI Director James Comey’s probe into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private, unsecured email server does not mark the first time that he has investigated the presidential candidate for alleged wrongdoing. Time reports that 20 years ago, Comey was a deputy special counsel on the Senate Whitewater Committee, looking into the conduct of then President Bill Clinton and the first lady. The inquiry focused on whether Bill had used his political position as governor of Arkansas in the 1980s to push through an illegal loan to benefit the couple’s business partner in the Whitewater [real estate] Development Corporation. Several people involved with the Whitewater corporation (including Clinton’s successor as governor) ultimately went to jail, but the Clintons never faced criminal prosecution. The issue of their involvement none-the-less lingered as Bill Clinton ran and was elected president

www.westernjournalism.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Comey was also involved in the investigation of "Pardongate", Bill Clinton's unusual and controversial pardons at the end of his presidency. Comey was a federal prosecutor at that time.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

He means there might not be any in the JD.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

That might be the way it is done, but its wrong.

Political officials are citizens and should have to face the same justice that any other citizen faces. It is totally wrong for them to be permitted to commit crimes with no repercussions. There should not be a different set of laws for the elite.

And if a political official is protected from justice by this faulty logic, being protected by cronies, then I believe it is the DUTY of someone, even future elected officials, to see that they face justice.

Maybe if these officials start facing justice immediately, it would not be a burden on the next elected leaders.

And no, I won't " Leave the past in the past and accept that Hillary will not be prosecuted. " No one should be doing that. That attitude is a huge problem in this country.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: muse7

He means there might not be any in the JD.

You laugh but you are probably right.

I know that in a legal malpractice lawsuit, proving a case is *partly* dependent on whether the action(s) that is the subject of the complaint would be considered 'reasonable' to other attorneys dealing in similar matters. (The other part is actually proving the case they negligently failed to prosecute/defend.)

I have a feeling the word 'reasonable,' in the context Comey used, is much like the civil law on legal malpractice. As long as 'reasonable' prosecuting attorneys say they would not prosecute such a case, then the FBI can rely on those opinions.

That said, perhaps the FBI could have asked many other prosecuting attorneys the same questions and they would say, "Hell, yes! I would prosecute this case!"

But who is going to file a legal malpractice against the attorneys the FBI consulted with as a voter class action lawsuit? ( don't know that it's even possible.)

I wonder if it's possible though to FOIA the list of attorneys consulted with or whether that would be privileged information...hmmm....

It is worth knowing those names, IMO.

edit on 6-7-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
As I can see the issue will stay alive and well until election day, it seems that is forces that are working to hinder Hillary winning celebration.

I hope it stays in the media.

The corruption within the Justice department have to remind fresh so the public will not forget about it.

Hopefully the congress inquiries will do the job, they should go on until Nov.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The GOP are behind Comey's statement and his choice not to recommend indictment.

It's the best outcome for them. Clinton has been exposed for lying, her ability to be the commander and chief has been called into question... while at the same time she remains in th race.

She is a much better opponent for Trump than the other likely replacements. And so the GOP kept her in the race while still giving her a black eye.

These new hearings are just more of the dog and pony show.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join