It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims against Isis March UK London - Refreshing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Do you think this actually makes a difference to the conservatives, they are to busy pushing "the scary Muslim" rather than hear most are not evil.

They don't care and have made up their minds and love that bubble they place themselves in.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: shredderofsouls
Do you think this actually makes a difference to the conservatives, they are to busy pushing "the scary Muslim" rather than hear most are not evil.

They don't care and have made up their minds and love that bubble they place themselves in.

They REALLY love the bubble.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DefeatDeceit888

This thread will get little to no stars or flags because it doesn't fit the narrative on ATS that gets the most recognition.

Hatred for Islam and Muslims. Start a thread hating on those things and watch your star and flag count rise.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: shredderofsouls
a reply to: DefeatDeceit888

This thread will get little to no stars or flags because it doesn't fit the narrative on ATS that gets the most recognition.

Hatred for Islam and Muslims. Start a thread hating on those things and watch your star and flag count rise.

That bad! D D D Damn. People don't realize that racism and creedism? (why is there no common word for religious hate like racism or homophobia, Islamaphobia is called a myth and justfied.

In the age of available information people still trust msnbc over rogue and independent journalism that covers the truth, that Muslims ARE a peaceful peace craving people.

People love to be misled.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

This is a good and correct gesture by the law-abiding Muslim community. But unfortunately, ISIS couldn't care less. If the Mandela Effect suddenly erased the Muslim Religion, ISIS would find something else to support their hate. That's what being EVIL is all about.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It doesn't really matter what IS thinks.
What matters most is how the rest of us get on and work together.

Hopefully this rally will get bigger and bigger over the years and show young Muslims that there is an alternative viewpoint to the nutters preaching jihad.

It's also good for non muslims to see that life is more complex than simply them and us.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

You're 100% correct in your assessment, SprocketUK. I was merely pointing out that if the Muslim community was attempting to make an impression upon ISIS with their solidarity, they were wasting their time.

Why do I see so many "IS" instead of "ISIS" in the forum and on the news websites now? I think Obama calls them ISIL, and, there was another term he used frequently in 2015...but I can't recall what that term was.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I wrote IS because it's just as valid as all the other versions imo. No other reason.

I agree with you about numbers, but this is the kind of thing that can grow.

What really matters is not seeing each other as the enemy, but seeing IS as our enemy and dealing with it in that way.

I think this may help a little in that regard.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi
I have to insult you for you to understand how ludicrous your perspective is. You offend over a billion muslims with your narrow mindedness. You genuinely think mainstream media is going to show muslims protesting everyday? You must be aware how the media works.

It's just infuriating to hear your viewpoint. These people don't deserve your judgemental bigotry and are normal human beings. Like many have stated you have not apologised for the actions of those associated with your common interests so why should they.

I'm getting mad cos I don't think this is your view, you are just stirring.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: shredderofsouls

i compeltely agree, there is enough people on here posting negative stuff. Wether factual or not. same with meida, good news dont get published. fortuantly im not doing it for stars and flags, im just providing info that feel is more positive.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

I create threads that I know are going to be unpopular but I do it because the information needs to be known. I am only saying flags and stars help the story but I know that these types of stories do not get the recognition they deserve.
edit on 7-7-2016 by shredderofsouls because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I think deep down people who express hatred of Islam are just using the most publicly acceptable people to hate, Arabs/Muslims and Mexicans to vent an inner hatred of something deeper. There crappy life? Loneliness?

Never are the reasons based on knowledge of Muslim culture, which varies from extremely laid back in America and the West DESPITE the fact that are are slandered every day on tv and radio and the internet especially to extreme.

Nothing excuses ignorance and hating a religion is as bad as hating a race.

And isn't anti-Semitism taboo? Well the Arabs and Persians are Semites more so than the Jews.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: shredderofsouls

I am only saying flags and stars help the story but I know that these types of stories do not get the recognition they deserve.

i did not take it in the wrong way at all buddy and appreciate your comments

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: GemmyMcGemJew
a reply to: paraphi
I have to insult you for you to understand how ludicrous your perspective is. You offend over a billion muslims with your narrow mindedness.

Oh, grow up. You know that's not what I did.

It's perfectly OK if Muslims in the UK only want to protest about some cartoons, but don't seem to be able to demonstrate, or rally against atrocities being done in the name of their religion.

If people cannot make observations without offending people, then debate and discussion should be closed down.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Well it is refreshing......are these the same Muslims who were marching in some other part of London a year or so ago, and on video chanting "Kill the Police, all Whites should die, we will take over the country" etc etc..?

One wonders?

BTW, Osama bin Laden Son has just announced he is going to make the USA pay for his fathers death..

www.reuters.com...

So things in the Muslim World are same ol same ol, I guess.

We shall see what develops.
edit on 11-7-2016 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join