It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Bryan Nishimura, Found Guilty For "Removal And Retention Of Classified Materials"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Only when you're a partisan Democrat desperately trying to rationalize and justify criminal Behavior.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Only when you're a partisan Democrat desperately trying to rationalize and justify criminal Behavior.

I'd give you 1,000 stars for this post if I could.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor

You realize someone had to have done the same in Hillary's case - particularly the TS/SAP stuff? Furthermore, she was an original classification authority - she should have known better and reported it immediately.

At least Nishimura took accountability for his actions - a lot more than can be said about Clinton.

That apparently is the difference and lesson here for all. If you never accept responsibility for your actions you will not be held accountable.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

And Hillarys actions of sending and receiving classified info on her private sever including that of Special Access Programs were different from Nishimura how? She knowingly took the action of sending and storing classified info on a private non secure server. Actions right there that prove intent.

Although the statute and numerous cases previous, show intent is not a requirement for 18 USC 793(f) to be violated. Only gross negligence is...

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
I wonder how the FBI workers feel today? The majority of Americans, who have at least half a brain now see that the FBI is a puppet organisation, that is covered in so much BS, it would take a Back Hoe to scrape it off

I imagine they may be high-fiving Comey's ingenuity! Seriously, do you think he would have been able to share so many details with us if he was going to recommend indictment? He stated, what he was sharing (the details of their investigation) is usually all behind the scenes with the prosecutors office. Since he felt no reasonable prosecutor would actually indict Hillary, he found an awesome loophole in letting the public know the truth. Otherwise, it all would have been swept under the rug and they did work hard to gather their information.

Comey did what he had to do. I am sure FBI workers all understand and enjoyed how Comey still managed to give her a public spanking!

edit on 7 6 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

It's a difficult matter when it comes to application of the law.

I don't know why it's hard to understand, but the Supreme Court ruled on a matter similar to this in 1941 and specifically stated that intent was key.

By the way, I am not a registered Democrat.
edit on 6-7-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Even if intent is what we are going with in terms of precedent, I'm wondering how setting up your own servers, using multiple devices, and then sharing / storing classified info (some actually marked as such according to the FBI's findings) doesn't show intent to mishandle said classified info?

It's not like these servers just sprung up out of nowhere, or there were no other methods of (proper) communication presented to Hillary and her aides?

I still think this represents gross negligence, but I also disagree that there was 'no intent'.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Groucho Marx

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I think it's pretty clear that different rules have been applied to Clinton.

Laws are just guidelines.

There's usually a human being interpreting and applying the law. And that human uses his "discretion" in determining if and how the law should be applied.

It is the reason why people hate "traffic cameras".

The concept of a "traffic camera" is a law enforcement system devoid of discretion. The law is equally and strictly enforced for all. You go through the red light, you get fined and billed, no exceptions.

But, if a cop pulls you over, you could give the officer "a story" that might get you off with a warning, instead.

Clinton got off with a warning.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Big difference.

According to court documents, Nishimura was a Naval reservist deployed in Afghanistan in 2007 and 2008. In his role as a Regional Engineer for the U.S. military in Afghanistan, Nishimura had access to classified briefings and digital records that could only be retained and viewed on authorized government computers. Nishimura, however, caused the materials to be downloaded and stored on his personal, unclassified electronic devices and storage media. He carried such classified materials on his unauthorized media when he traveled off-base in Afghanistan and, ultimately, carried those materials back to the United States at the end of his deployment. In the United States, Nishimura continued to maintain the information on unclassified systems in unauthorized locations, and copied the materials onto at least one additional unauthorized and unclassified system.

Nishimura’s actions came to light in early 2012, when he admitted to Naval personnel that he had handled classified materials inappropriately. Nishimura later admitted that, following his statement to Naval personnel, he destroyed a large quantity of classified materials he had maintained in his home. Despite that, when the Federal Bureau of Investigation searched Nishimura’s home in May 2012, agents recovered numerous classified materials in digital and hard copy forms. The investigation did not reveal evidence that Nishimura intended to distribute classified information to unauthorized personnel.

www.fbi.gov... classified-materials

He actually removed the classified data from it's proper place and placed it on personal devices. Hillary did not do that.

lol wtf are you talking about, thats literally exactly what hillary did.

<< 1  2   >>

join