It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI recommend no charges against Hillary!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
My god at the drama ...

Look. Let's drop the pretense. Hillary Clinton is a life-long politician. None of us, and I mean NONE OF US here are gullible enough to believe that she (as EVERY OTHER POLITICIAN) hasn't lied, connived, intimidated, and walked the edge of legality more than once to do what she determines needs to be done.

So has every other individual in Congress, and the White House. It's just a known fact.

For that matter, Donald J. Trump has been a successful real estate developer in New York City and across the world. Do any of you REALLY THINK that he hasn't lied, connived, intimidated and walked the edge of legality as much as any politician?

I hope you're not that naive.

So for god's sake ... stop the overwrought wailing and gnashing of teeth over this. It's undignified.

We live in the same America today that we lived in last week, last year, last decade and last century. There are and have been both domestic and international interests that have great influence over our elected officials AT EVERY LEVEL.

Director Comey earned new respect from me today, pure and simple. If you can't accept that the man knows what he's saying and has made the right legal decision, to my mind, you're either totally ignorant of reality or you are BLINDED by partisan politics.

If you've EVER trusted any government at any level in this country or any other as being honest, forthright, and there for YOUR BEST INTERESTS ... you were wrong. That's not what government is or does. Or has ever done.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

People would be better served taking care of the things in their lives they have direct control over. It's fine to care about these things and be concerned...it is, but its another thing entirely to get so tweaked around and bent out of shape to the levels I'm seeing. It's not health, literally.

The fact is, the POTUS has never, and really will never directly impact my life. The "big issues" that the feds deal with never really impact me personally on a daily basis. I never feel the arm of the feds way up here in Alaska, despite the BLM office just down the street and all the national parks we have.

*shrug* It's become partisan team sports...that's all. The exact same memes I used to see used for sports are being used for politics. People are just literally replacing the photos.

Even if Trump wins I'm not going to wail and carry on that WWIII is upon us and we're all doomed. One man, despite being POTUS isn't and doesn't impact my personal life all that much.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Drama, indeed, by the bleeding spleens.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
You know... I was shocked like everyone else with the apparent change in direction, but then i got to thinking.... WHAT IF, he laid out her guilt in such a way that it was really beyond refute, in order to challenge someone to take this up. WHAT IF he really just made it so obvious to hurt her and just make it look like she'll get off the hook... i mean, he DID pour it all out there in detail, leaving little to wonder. He blantantly said she's guilty..i think he did this in a way to damn her.. knowing normal channels would not work to "bring her down".... just a thought...

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

People would be better served taking care of the things in their lives they have direct control over. It's fine to care about these things and be concerned...it is, but its another thing entirely to get so tweaked around and bent out of shape to the levels I'm seeing. It's not health, literally.

The fact is, the POTUS has never, and really will never directly impact my life. The "big issues" that the feds deal with never really impact me personally on a daily basis. I never feel the arm of the feds way up here in Alaska, despite the BLM office just down the street and all the national parks we have.

*shrug* It's become partisan team sports...that's all. The exact same memes I used to see used for sports are being used for politics. People are just literally replacing the photos.

Even if Trump wins I'm not going to wail and carry on that WWIII is upon us and we're all doomed. One man, despite being POTUS isn't and doesn't impact my personal life all that much.

Exactly why I have far more concern about the "guvment overreach" of my County Sheriff and their Deputies, my Governor and State Legislators and the Bureaucracy they thrive on ... than anything or anybody at the Federal level.

If Trump wins the United States will become a Reality TV Show at best.

It's what he does.

EDIT: I've found a little bit of peace lately with the noxious two-party system in this country by understanding it as a RPG (Role Playing Game.)
edit on 7-7-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: danimaltex
You know... I was shocked like everyone else with the apparent change in direction, but then i got to thinking.... WHAT IF, he laid out her guilt in such a way that it was really beyond refute, in order to challenge someone to take this up. WHAT IF he really just made it so obvious to hurt her and just make it look like she'll get off the hook... i mean, he DID pour it all out there in detail, leaving little to wonder. He blantantly said she's guilty..i think he did this in a way to damn her.. knowing normal channels would not work to "bring her down".... just a thought...

... or, or, or ... WHAT IF the man said exactly what he meant and what he knows to be true: there's no EVIDENCE to go after Hillary Clinton in the justice system.

Evidence. That's what Director Comey and real law enforcement personnel work with and from, as opposed to so many "experts" here.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Director Comey earned new respect from me today, pure and simple. If you can't accept that the man knows what he's saying and has made the right legal decision, to my mind, you're either totally ignorant of reality or you are BLINDED by partisan politics.

And if anyone forgot/doesn't know about the 2004 hospital visit that Comey had to intervene in to stop illegl domestic spying

On the night of March 10, 2004, as Attorney General John D. Ashcroft lay ill in an intensive-care unit, his deputy, James B. Comey, received an urgent call. White House Counsel Alberto R. Gonzales and President Bush's chief of staff, Andrew H. Card Jr., were on their way to the hospital to persuade Ashcroft to reauthorize Bush's domestic surveillance program, which the Justice Department had just determined was illegal.

In vivid testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee yesterday, Comey said he alerted FBI Director Robert S. Mueller III and raced, sirens blaring, to join Ashcroft in his hospital room, arriving minutes before Gonzales and Card. Ashcroft, summoning the strength to lift his head and speak, refused to sign the papers they had brought. Gonzales and Card, who had never acknowledged Comey's presence in the room, turned and left.

source

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

It's what he does.

That's the kind of emotionally charged exaggeration that fuels a lot of the arguments.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

It's what he does.

That's the kind of emotionally charged exaggeration that fuels a lot of the arguments.

You say exaggeration, I say metaphor ... but I won't quibble on "emotionally-charged."

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Ok... so im not saying that he did not mean to say what he wanted.... but what he presented WAS evidence prosecutible in our justice system...he wouldn't have had anything to say, if there was nothing to say...lol... the appropriate codes were even cited....

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

It's what he does.

You say exaggeration, I say metaphor ... but I won't quibble on "emotionally-charged."

Whatever it was, it was quite silly.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

It's what he does.

Thanks for your unrequested critique.

He's got more success as a reality TV star than anything else ... I know that, for some incomprehensible reason as a citizen of the UK you seem to worship DJT ... but come on ... facts are facts.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: danimaltex

Ok... so im not saying that he did not mean to say what he wanted.... but what he presented WAS evidence prosecutible in our justice system...he wouldn't have had anything to say, if there was nothing to say...lol... the appropriate codes were even cited....

What part of "no reasonable prosecutor would take the case" doesn't register?

There is no case there, mostly, because it's obvious, that Secretary Clinton did what the past two Secretaries have done, what George W Bush did, what any number of Congresspersons and Senators do ... yet, she is to be crucified, then keel-hauled, then burnt at the stake.

Why? She's a Clinton.

Director Comey has more integrity in his pinky than the Republican caucus has in their entire membership.
edit on 7-7-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

It's what he does.

He's got more success as a reality TV star than anything else ... I know that, for some incomprehensible reason as a citizen of the UK you seem to worship DJT ... but come on ... facts are facts.

My comments have been both positive and negative about Trump.
You should try being objective too.
edit on 7/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Anonymous says...buzzpo.com... velyrepublican

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

It's what he does.

You've read all of my comments about Trump and Clinton?

Wow, a fan.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

It's what he does.

Wow, a fan.

Oh come on , you're always on the Trump/Clinton threads. She should hire you!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

It's what he does.

Wow, a fan.

Oh come on , you're always on the Trump/Clinton threads. She should hire you!

Why, are you trying to get Trump to hire you? Or is that deal already done? LOL.

I'm kidding of course, I'm sure you do this for free, out of your apparent great affection for an American candidate.

You and I are not the topic here, but it's always good to banter.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

You must have missed the part where the former Assistant FBI Director stated that he had spoken to several prosecutors would take the case in a heartbeat... and "reasonable" is subjective...

...don't get me wrong. ... I know this is pervasive in gubbment... but shouldn't the line be drawn somewhere? Especially "because its obvious"?

Link skip to 12:39

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Exactly. My city and state governments impact me much more than whatever the feds do. My property taxes, new city ordinances and education bond proposals. What the city is or isn't funding...are we going to have adequate parking downtown? Are the pot holes going to be fixed? What about my neighborhood being plowed in the winter, so its free of snow and I can get to work?

Those are the issues that are most important to me, and they directly affect the way I live my life. And guess what? Those issues are handled right here in my home town or within my home state. I have direct access to those politicians if I want. I can sit and talk with them in their offices.

And that, my friends, is why national politics is really just a huge diversionary time waster. The entire thing is so bureaucratic and full of partisan fighting that nothing groundbreaking or Earth shattering will ever happen in DC.

Once you realize that, you can then turn your focus on issues that really matter to you personally and help bring about actual change that's tangible in your life via local and state politics.

People, we're not going to change anything for ourselves from the top down. Trickle down politics works as well as trickle down economics...

Not at all.
edit on 7-7-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join