It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Director will be holding a Press Conference at 11AM EST today

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: RickinVa

The way this is heading, this guy is going to bring up Russia next...anything that deflects from his precious innocent hillary.

Indeed.

Violations is the new politically correct term for CRIMES.

After all that is what the FBI does, and did for a YEAR.

Investigating violations

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Of course it's a "huge huge PARTISAN difference."

General Powell has said, on the record, point blank, that Hillary Clinton did the same thing he did:

Former Sec. of State Colin Powell is standing with Hillary Clinton after the State Department retroactively classified some of his emails and is refusing to release them to the public. Powell reacted to an NBC News report that the State Department is retroactively classifying his emails by calling for all of his emails to be released. Powell said, “I wish they would release them, so that a normal, air-breathing mammal would look at them and say, ‘What’s the issue?’ They were unclassified at the time, and they are, in my judgment, still unclassified.”

Sourced

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: Gryphon66

Good post

Something that occurs to me more and more frequently lately...

Either we don't vote because it's hopeless and nobody is worthy, or we vote the lesser of two evils. How much of that is because we don't want to be taken - so we pretend that we're above it all - that we aren't naive?

There was an idealist that was running. Loved that guy. But one day it occurred to me - that no matter his ideals - at some point he was going to be responsible for droning some poor innocent into their grave

It's the American way

This is what we need to work on

I'd be the first to hope for valid Third Fourth and So On party candidates. I've said that many times here, and explained why.

I don't think anyone has a vision of Clinton that she's not a professional politician that has survived in the political arena for more than 20 years.

I hate the idea of "one or the other." I hate "false dichotomies." But I also hate seeing lies and propaganda offered as the truth.

It's hard to say which I hate the most.

One or the other is not a false dichotomy, in fact, it's pretty much the only way to elect a president in the current electoral college structure.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

(sung by Hillary)

Do as I say not as I do because
The #'s so deep you can't run away
I beg to differ on the contrary
I agree with every word that you say

Talk is cheap and lies are expensive
My wallet's fat and so is my head
Hit and run and then I'll hit you again
I'm a smart ass but I'm playing dumb

Standards set and broken all the time
Control the chaos behind a gun
Call it as I see it even if
I was born deaf, blind and dumb

Losers winning big on the lottery
Rehab rejects still sniffing glue
Constant refutation with myself
I'm a victim of a catch 22

I have no belief
But I believe
I'm a walking contradiction
And I ain't got no right.

I've never had a more relevant time to post this.

The lyrics are quite fitting.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Bottom line:

The FBI determination is a devastating blow to Hillary 2016... this should be the final nail in that coffin.

Or you can look forward to the first Clinton-Trump debate in which Donald will have a copy of the FBI report in his little hands... looks like fun times dead ahead folks..

It is only going to bet better and better and better...and not in a good way for Hillary Clinton.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

So, you're in favor of the FBI investigating Powell and Rice to the same extent they investigated Clinton, et. al.?

Because that's the only way you can compare the apples to the oranges to the grapes that you're trying to do so desperately.
edit on 5-7-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
Bottom line:

The FBI determination is a devastating blow to Hillary 2016... this should be the final nail in that coffin.

Or you can look forward to the first Clinton-Trump debate in which Donald will have a copy of the FBI report in his little hands... looks like fun times dead ahead folks..

It is only going to bet better and better and better...and not in a good way for Hillary Clinton.

How many times have we heard that?

I'd love to see Trump try to attack Clinton on any point ... specifically being the subject of a criminal court case.

You guys keep whistling in the graveyard though. LOL

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Unless she simply bails on the debate, like she had been avoiding the press for almost a year now...

Nothing is impossible for hillary, she might get away with it.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

So, you're in favor of the FBI investigating Powell and Rice to the same extent they investigated Clinton, et. al.?

Because that's the only way you can compare the apples to the oranges to the grapes that you're trying to do so desperately.

First, I'm not comparing them, you are. I'm pointing out that they're completely different and the article I linked points out that they're completely different. But now that the FBI has come out with their findings your powell quote (I did the same thing) is thoroughly discredited. Powell used personal email, even had a line run into his state dept office for it.

Can you admit you were incorrect by claiming it was the same? Or is that just too much for you?

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
WELL I guess anything democratic will NOW be obstructed and can kiss intelligence support goodbye, if intelligence agencies still want to exist
I expected such from the admiralty legal system.
THAT needs to go away too.
edit on 5-7-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Good post

Either we don't vote because it's hopeless and nobody is worthy, or we vote the lesser of two evils. How much of that is because we don't want to be taken - so we pretend that we're above it all - that we aren't naive?

There was an idealist that was running. Loved that guy. But one day it occurred to me - that no matter his ideals - at some point he was going to be responsible for droning some poor innocent into their grave

It's the American way

I'd be the first to hope for valid Third Fourth and So On party candidates. I've said that many times here, and explained why.

I don't think anyone has a vision of Clinton that she's not a professional politician that has survived in the political arena for more than 20 years.

I hate the idea of "one or the other." I hate "false dichotomies." But I also hate seeing lies and propaganda offered as the truth.

One or the other is not a false dichotomy, in fact, it's pretty much the only way to elect a president in the current electoral college structure.

Only if there are only two legitimate political sources sending up candidates for the Electors to consider.

There's no reason the Electors couldn't vote for three or more, and then, perhaps, we'd understand the real relevance of the House of Representatives again.

/shrug

(Electoral college is off topic and this will be my only response here to that.)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Bottom line:

How many times have we heard that?

I'd love to see Trump try to attack Clinton on any point ... specifically being the subject of a criminal court case.

You guys keep whistling in the graveyard though. LOL

Trump is not part of a criminal court case, he's part of a civil court case. BIg difference.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

You're forgetting there won't be the FBI to defend Hillary from Trump, or whoever saved her during the Bosnia sniper shooting...

She's going to get smashed, in ways her husband never could have done it himself.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Good post

It's the American way

Only if there are only two legitimate political sources sending up candidates for the Electors to consider.

There's no reason the Electors couldn't vote for three or more, and then, perhaps, we'd understand the real relevance of the House of Representatives again.

/shrug

(Electoral college is off topic and this will be my only response here to that.)

Sure there is, you just pointed out why they won't do that. Because they'd cede their power to the house.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

You're not "comparing" them when you say that they're nothing alike?

You may need to go back and review the "one of these things is not like the other" lessons from your early education.

The article you linked doesn't point out anything except that Clinton's emails have been raked over with the FBI comb.

General Powell's quote is "totally discredited" why? Because you say so? LOL I'm sure you know more about the nature of State emails then he does ... so yeah, I'm going to listen to you on that one. Not.

I was not incorrect by claiming that the supposed issue here is that Clinton used non-government email for State communications, and so did Condi Rice and Colin Powell.

Why would I say otherwise?

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

"I'd love to see Trump try to attack Clinton on any point"

You mean like how a potential commander in chief of the armed forces was completely negligent in the handling of classified information and possibly put war fighters lives at risk..

Those kinds of point?

Or maybe " I never sent or received any classified emails"

That kind of point?

Or maybe the whole other Secretaries did it oo so it was ok..

That kind of point?

Trump will destroy her in a debate.

edit on R292016-07-05T15:29:01-05:00k297Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Did Secretaries Powell and Rice use non-government servers in their tenure?

That's the first question you can answer honestly if you want to discuss it.

No powell did not and rice did not.

www.politifact.com...

The question was "non-government servers"...and yes Powell used non-government servers...aka...yahoo or gmail and such.

He did not use a "Private" server. You can decide if the difference is relevant or which is more vulnerable.

Secretary of State Colin L. Powell, who served from 2001 to 2005, used personal email to communicate with American officials and ambassadors and foreign leaders.

www.nytimes.com...

Colin Powell relied on personal emails while secretary of state
www.politico.com...

Now Colin Powell describes those communications as "mostly housekeeping"...but no one will ever know because they were not preserved on a private server and the gmail/yahoo/aol or whatever account he had has "long since been closed" and no records remain. What the archives have of his emails are only what he sent on .gov servers.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

So now you can predict what a theoretical Electoral College will do?

Amazing!

Quick what are tonights lotto numbers?

/holy#

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

"I'd love to see Trump try to attack Clinton on any point"

You mean like how a potential commander in chief of the armed forces was completely negligent in the handling of classified information and possibly put war fighters lives at risk..

Those kinds of point?

Or maybe " I never sent or received any classified emails"

That kind of point?

Or maybe the whole other Secretaries did it oo so it was ok..

That kind of point?

Trump will destroy her in a debate.

Can you prove that? The FBI after a year of investigation stated clearly that they had no evidence that any classified or sensitive material was exposed.

So I'm glad to see you try to prove otherwise, from behind that keyboard battlement of yours. LOL.

Trump can barely make cogent sentences that don't revolve around "It's gonna be yuuuge" and "don't worry about it, you can trust me."

It's laughable, and also, off-topic.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Did Secretaries Powell and Rice use non-government servers in their tenure?

That's the first question you can answer honestly if you want to discuss it.

No powell did not and rice did not.

www.politifact.com...

The question was "non-government servers"...and yes Powell used non-government servers...aka...yahoo or gmail and such.

He did not use a "Private" server. You can decide if the difference is relevant or which is more vulnerable.

Secretary of State Colin L. Powell, who served from 2001 to 2005, used personal email to communicate with American officials and ambassadors and foreign leaders.

www.nytimes.com...

Colin Powell relied on personal emails while secretary of state
www.politico.com...

Now Colin Powell describes those communications as "mostly housekeeping"...but no one will ever know because they were not preserved on a private server and the gmail/yahoo/aol or whatever account he had has "long since been closed" and no records remain. What the archives have of his emails are only what he sent on .gov servers.

I don't think anyone expects hillary to not use a personal email account for personal business. It was using a personal account for government business and not only that, but classified and sensitive business.

I mean, I see how you're trying to tie them together but there's just too much difference between the situations.

But to the point, if powell removed classified material and handled it through his private email, then yes I would support him being investigated and charged. I have no fealty to any politician who has violated their oath or the law.

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join