It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Director will be holding a Press Conference at 11AM EST today

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
I find appalling the lack of respect for the Office of the President these days.

Respect is earned.

And I find it appalling that many US citizens don't have the backbone, nor the critical thinking skills to question authority, with reasonable logic.

"Yasam master" Let's kiss the feet of our ruler's. smh

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Also the fact he says no "reasonable" prosecutor would go after her. It's a poorly veiled threat.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The more I reread Comey's statement, the more I think he was trying to leak as much as he could.
There are so many truly damning things with the evidence they had, I still can not understand the outcome, other than that he was forced.

Comey Statement

There is still the one in a million chance that the prosecutors will charge her.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

Trump is still way worse in the people's eyes . He will never be elected.

link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
a reply to: Indigo5

so the recommendation as to prosecute or not prosecute a case is based on similar past cases and not on the merits of the present case itself? rather than take a chance that an individual case might be successfully prosecuted and set a precedence he just rubber stamps cases based on similar past cases.

Looking at the evidence of this case and comparing it to the evidence of past cases is the only way to review it -from a legal standpoint. It's what attorneys and courts do with all cases. From a "I hate Hillary" standpoint, I suppose you could break precedent, but that wouldn't be in accordance with how law is normally practiced.

link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Also the fact he says no "reasonable" prosecutor would go after her. It's a poorly veiled threat.

Considering that certain elements must exist for a successful case to be prosecuted and those elements do not exist in this case, any prosecutor that took this case would be stupid.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

You were right in your assessment and the reasons for which indictment would not be recommended.

I don't know what to think any more.

No doubt you will say that due process was adhered to and that the recommendation of the FBI is proof of that fact.

To the thread in general:

I feel ill. Afraid for where our country may be headed and what that means for my children.

I think Comey has done the best job he could with what he had to work with.

I would ask people to focus on the facts he presented and the clarification he made of many misconceptions which had been floating around and are still being used as part of the narrative.

Now nearly all discussions will center around the emails and further muddy the water surrounding anything illegal that the Clinton Foundation (cue "The Foundation is not under investigation" mantra) may be involved in. The focus being kept on the emails lets the Foundation's wrongdoing slide in to the background.

Don't let that happen.

Drop the emails, and all associated misdirection and pay attention to the Clinton Foundation.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Read this part:

Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case. Prosecutors necessarily weigh a number of factors before bringing charges. There are obvious considerations, like the strength of the evidence, especially regarding intent. Responsible decisions also consider the context of a person’s actions, and how similar situations have been handled in the past.

In looking back at our investigations into mishandling or removal of classified information, we cannot find a case that would support bringing criminal charges on these facts. All the cases prosecuted involved some combination of: clearly intentional and willful mishandling of classified information; or vast quantities of materials exposed in such a way as to support an inference of intentional misconduct; or indications of disloyalty to the United States; or efforts to obstruct justice. We do not see those things here.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Cypress

you need to read the transcript - there were thousands marked classified -

and all i was trying to say that what she did was blatant.
she knew the emails had classified information
she knew it was on a unsecure server
she knew she was compromising national security by conducting herself in this manner
she lied

and to say there was no intent? there was no intent on her getting caught

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

What? Threat of what?

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

No doubt you will say that due process was adhered to and that the recommendation of the FBI is proof of that fact.

Their actions are in-line with previous cases. They only file criminal charges when the individual intended to leak information that stood to compromise the security of the US.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Honest question why are people shocked by this news, when is the last time that such a high ranking politicized person ever been to jail.

She wasn't going to jail, we all new it.

Also, I am happy for all the girls and women in the U.S. who will get a boost of confidence from Hillary's candidacy and probable win. I don't think that's any small consolation prize.

You are right...woman and young girls will learn that it is really OKAY to lie to people and get away with it

edit on 5-7-2016 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Ha! Then there is hope Lynch will go ahead and prosecute because we KNOW Lynch is not "reasonable" because she allowed a 30-min inappropriate meeting to take place aboard her private plane for 30 min. If that isn't unreasonable, I don't know what is.

Lynch may prosecute anyway.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
If there is a God, now would be the time for him to act and show us there is a thing as karma. Of course I don't wish death on anyone, but I'll settle for a debilitating illness, stroke, heart attack, etc. something that Her Royal Highness can't control and stops her bid to become POTUS, since she thinks she can do whatever she wants.

link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Honest question why are people shocked by this news, when is the last time that such a high ranking politicized person ever been to jail.

She wasn't going to jail, we all new it.

Also, I am happy for all the girls and women in the U.S. who will get a boost of confidence from Hillary's candidacy and probable win. I don't think that's any small consolation prize.

You are right...woman and young girls will learn that it is really OKAY to lie to people and get away with it

Well, that's already the case, so . . .

link   
Well, the campaign stop in NC today with Obama and Hillary arriving on Air Force One to present a united front for the Dems has been in the plans for at least a week or more.

So, all the rest - her meeting with the FBI on Saturday,Bill Clinton meeting with Lynch - has been nothing but a dog and pony show. They have been knowing since at least that meeting between Bill and Lynch, if not before, that no charges would be brought.

There is NO WAY Obama would have allowed this photo op without knowing she was in the clear. He has his "legacy", such as it is, to protect.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Drop the emails, and all associated misdirection and pay attention to the Clinton Foundation.

Here's where I think the main problem is.

During the investigation, the FBI uncovered TPTB names, and people that are in control. Clinton's are intertwined with these people and exposing the Clinton's will expose those at the very top, so the whole issue goes bye-bye.

Doesn't matter what the public thinks, that's the way it is. Laws only apply to those who will follow them, not those who wrote them.

Everyone can point to case laws, the constitution, standing laws, but if the people at the top do feel like following those laws then it's just tough, because they run the show.

Big fish eat little fish, and little fish eat .........crap.
edit on 5-7-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
If there is a God, now would be the time for him to act and show us there is a thing as karma. Of course I don't wish death on anyone, but I'll settle for a debilitating illness, stroke, heart attack, etc. something that Her Royal Highness can't control and stops her bid to become POTUS, since she thinks she can do whatever she wants.

Desperate times call for desperate measures?

Better get to prayin'.

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: DBCowboy

Of course the government is corrupt.

That didn't start in 2009 and it won't end in 2016.

It won't begin or end with either a Trump or Clinton Presidency, or Sanders or Johnson or anything else.

For god's sake can we at least be real for 5 minutes???

*rubs forhead*

And people actually believe this. Somehow they think political corruption never existed until recently. Oh the scandals that we don't even known about from the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's -- they'd make our heads spin if we were privy to them.

The way technology and communication has changed things allows for more people to be more aware of every tiny detail going on in Washington DC. 30+ years ago? Not so much.

If anything, back in the 50's and 60's the POTUS could get a way with a LOT more than the president can today.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

no 2 cases are the same they all have to be judged on their own evidence and merits and only a judge or jury has the right to do that. The evidence and merits of each individual case has to be judged against how the law is written and not judged against similar cases.

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join