It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Are Some Sad People In Brussels.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Just found this quote from The Dutch P.M. which he made this morning in Brussels.

Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte told MEPs that the Brexit vote was "extremely unfortunate", especially for the UK. "That country now has collapsed - politically, economically, monetarily and constitutionally, and you will have years ahead of you to get out of this mess.

www.bbc.co.uk...

This chap is as Mad As A Hatter.

Does he really think that a country that faced up to Nazi Germany in 1939 is in a worse crisis now because we have decided to leave The E.U. ?

Gave me a good laugh anyway.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Yeah........ EU is far more near to collapsing.

It propaganda. The EU leaders don't want other country's getting silly ideas like freedom from Brussels Eurocrats.

I give the EU a expiry date of ten years.

And no doubt it will be us Brits and Americans that end up sorting the mess out when our European cousins screw it up......as usual.
edit on 5-7-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Not everybody on this international site will know what you mean, because "sad" in the sense of "deserving little respect" is a colloquial usage.
"Sad" in the sense "unhappy" is probably very true indeed.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
At least it's OUR mess

Let the scaremongering commence in Europe , the only countries who want to stay in the EU are the ones who get subsidised by us .

Wait till we've left and were the fastest growing economy .

Then they will all think it will work for them but it will be a bit late for that .

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
brussell plan did not work out so its expected.

actions are louder than words.

considering 80% of world trade is outside the EU im sure they just annoyed that we will gte better deals.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Well he knows if asked the Dutch they would also vote out.
I doubt he will let them choose.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
He is right.

If the eu does collapse as some idiots would like to see happen, the UK will be in even bigger trouble.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
As nigel ferage says, they're in denial.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Considering all the job's the EU has taken out of Britain and given to other eu countries, and even non eu countries, about time the Brits left before anymore jobs get an eu subsidy to move abroad.
edit on 5-7-2016 by pikestaff because: changed job to job's

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
He is right.

If the eu does collapse as some idiots would like to see happen, the UK will be in even bigger trouble.

If it collapses its not the UK fault but the incompetent Eurocrats that are out of touch and live in ivory towers.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MegaSpace
As nigel ferage says, they're in denial.

They have been in denial for decades.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Why is this in the US Political Madness Forum?

I'll give the EU between five and ten years maximum - and from its ashes will emerge a Free Trade Association.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Why is this in the US Political Madness Forum?

I was certain i posted in " Breaking Political News "

Oh well, these things happen.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The Forth Reich (EU - BruSSels) are throwing their toys out the rear car window as they drive their car off a cliff into the Abyss.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

The thing that's really going to hurt you guys is the trade deals you'll have to renegotiate and the work permits etc.

If your imports end up being 20% more expensive, it won't matter that the pound is very strong against the Euro for example.

If you can't get workers in because they end up paying double tax on income for example or have travelling restrictions etc, that will be bad for the UK. From what I know there is a lot of transient labor in the UK, jobs that immigrants do and citizens do not want to do.

That work will still need to be done and there's still a lot of what ifs about how this is all going to transpire.

But I agree, it's not the end of the country by any means.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Better to renegotiate all our trade deals than be anchored to the bureaucratic that is the EU.

Brussels makes DC look competent and in touch!

The EU will collapse. Better the UK cuts ties now.

As for labor? If we need workers there are a billion Indians or Chinese happy to come over.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

No I agree, it's just those trade deals take a long time to iron out. If you are forced to do in it in 2 years, what are the odds that those trade deals will heavily favor special interest groups instead of the working class and poor?

See where I'm getting at? This is a very very good excuse for globalists and corporatism to just change your entire country.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

But being in the EU was a globalists and corporate wet dream too.

So it was dammed if we do and dammed if we don't.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Uh...no.

Let's see, our country has collapsed politically has it?

Then how is it that seventy two percent of the eligible electorate came out to vote, when last they had the opportunity to make their voices heard? I would say that the general election which saw this current Conservative mob elected was FAR more of an indicator of a collapsed politics. What has been collapsing our politics in this country since Labour became Tory Lite, is a lack of representation for the working poor, the grassroots left, and an abundance of pandering on both sides of the house to big business, something the EU government are also very bad with.

Economically and monetarily? I say again, has it?

We have been doing more trade in my small business since the vote, than we have had for some considerable time. That's not just my business either, but everyone in this street, every business in this whole town has had more footfall since the vote, and pulled in more money. Where are the collapses here? Our currency might not be at the highest ebb right now, but the markets can take a big old suck on a railroad spike. The banksters and speculators are half of what's wrong with our economy, and the government are the other half. These things will be fixed, if the people get their say in it.

And constitutionally? Give me a break!

This Dutch fellow clearly has no concept of history, despite probably being an old fart. Allow me to educate the poor chap. You see, our membership of the EU was illegal from its beginnings, because we, the British people, were only ever offered a choice in the matter AFTER we joined. The documents which, when combined, make up our constitutional arrangements, specifically state that no foreign power may be wielded over this nation, unless the people acquiesce to that circumstance by way of a vote. We never got the chance. We got a crappy referendum, campaigning for which was uniformly disgraceful at the time, and during which time, no one knew what the bloody hell was really going on, because everyone was lying through their teeth about the real intent behind the EU.

It was sold to us, miss sold to us, under the guise of an economic partnership, but the intention was always the creation of a border less, seamless, giant nation, with its own military, and in which those who lived within its borders had no identity bar their European status, respecting not their own nations borders, and probably coming to agreement on a single bloody language as well for all anyone knew at the time.

Therefore, the vote coming out as it did in favour of leaving the EU, is probably the first time our constitutional solidarity has been connected with by our nations people since the blasted documents were first signed! This is our constitutional power made manifest, not a collapse of it!

In short, that Dutch fellow can take a long walk of a short pier. Clueless swine. Thanks for bringing this dross to our attention alldaylong!

Remaining vigilant in the face of such overt propaganda is crucial, lest the noise drown our our signal!

RULE BRITANNIA!

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Indeed.
The sky won't be falling any time soon, no matter how much other EU nations may wish it for us.
I couldn't give a # though, I expected challenges when I voted leave, known and unknown, and if we face them then so be it.
I prefer to face those challenges as a sovereign nation though so assuming we actually do leave the EU in time I say bring it on.
I have faith in our nation and our people...fear, meh, I'll leave that for those who do not believe in our nation.

Oh, and Theresa May, # you if you become Prime Minister, you will NOT be kicking any of my EU mates out and you know it.
All my mates will protest and riot, we will hide them, we will fight any immigration snatch squads, you WILL lose because there are millions of us and only few of you with sticks and tazers...it ain't happening. Give the bull# fearmongering up you soulless witch.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join