It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dan Brown Is Paying to Digitize Ancient Occult Documents, For Free Publication

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Magnivea
WEll if its anything like the novel then it is The De Vinci Code. All of his books are the same book with different place and character names and mcguffin.

His skill is pacing, but i feel dirty after finishing.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Consider: it may be something that is sorely lacking on ATS, thus its unfamiliarity - ALTRUISM!

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Well, this is sure to lead to the world becoming overrun with demons and all kinds of nasty supernatural entities.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty
a reply to: Magnivea
WEll if its anything like the novel then it is The De Vinci Code. All of his books are the same book with different place and character names and mcguffin.

His skill is pacing, but i feel dirty after finishing.

hardly. there was renaissance art and cryptography, then there was the freemasons and architecture, then there was literature and eugenics. of course the books overlapped because its the same protagonist with the same professional interests and skills investigating an historical mystery over the course of 24 hours. although inferno did feel like maybe he was flagging a bit. ...yeah, just looked it up and it seems he has to regroup and reorganize for his next big release. is that the hollow ring of a nearly empty barrel, mr brown?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The List of Seven > Anything by Dan Brown

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I doubt there is any text there that has not already been digitised and available already, and if not then what kind of library are they !

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
That's great and all, but I've been waiting over 200 years for Adam Weishaupt's writings to be translated to English.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Which will all meld into one religion.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Deleted.
edit on 7-7-2016 by ColdChillin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: itsallintheegg

Weishaupt & Hockney for that matter. They translated Weishaupt's works into English roughly 30 years ago.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
not in the horse feed. have eyes but do not see, have ears but do not hear

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
On the subject of Dan Brown, it would be interesting to compare the successes of both Dan Brown and J. K. Rowling. Two of the wealthiest authors of fiction in the history of printed media, both successful largely because their Occult subject matter, and both were protested by Christian/Catholic institutions.

When I was young and Harry Potter came out (as a book before the movie) I remember some fundamentalist Christians in my town getting all fussy about the publication and success of a fictional tale involving children in a school of witchcraft. Similarly, and also in my teens, I remember when The DaVinci Code came out (before it was turned into a movie of course) and many Catholic priests went on daytime and prime time tv talk shows all around the country to defame Dan Brown and to discourage church goers and audience members from reading such blasphemy.

If one thing can be learned from all of this, it's that The Occult sells.

And controversy within religion may be the rule rather than the exception, if you want to be successful that is.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
If one thing can be learned from all of this, it's that The Occult sells.

That's one of the oldest trick in the book. Everyone wants to know the secret code that makes everything easier.

Freemasonry owes a large part of its success exactly to that: the fascination with the secret and the occult. Everyone wants to belong to mysterious club where people discuss about taking over the world and riding goats.

And the Church is making some sense to warn its followers about the dangers of the occult. Even famous occultists like Bardon and Levi warned the reader that if the only thing that lead them there was curiosity, what they will get in return is insanity.

And you know what? They are correct. You just need to lurk a bit on here and other boards to find these poor souls who became mad from their obsession with the occult. There are plenty.

Personally I would never recommend anyone to read occult literature. Now if they want to discuss it with me, that's another topic.
edit on 7-7-2016 by SpaceGoatFart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFart

I read tons of Occult literature, including Eliphas Levi (not his real last name).

It's an obsession. But so far I haven't suffered any mysterious consequences.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

I read tons of Occult literature, including Eliphas Levi (not his real last name).

It's an obsession. But so far I haven't suffered any mysterious consequences.

It's because you have a good balance and a healthy life

I experienced a few very strange stuff during a week after a psychotic break. How much of it was related to an obsession with the occult? At least a small part of it, mainly exhaustion and unhealthy fixation.

But then it also gave me new leads to explore as I experienced first hand the effects of our consciousness on the perceived reality, and how the human mind is a very complex and fascinating realm.

Alphonse-Louis is a great read that I can fortunately read en français dans le texte since it's my own language.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   

I want to learn French!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Well, this is sure to lead to the world becoming overrun with demons and all kinds of nasty supernatural entities.

We have been there for sometime, I am surprised you didn't notice.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Deleted
edit on 7-7-2016 by MarkOfTheV because: Redundant

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

Yes, that was pointed out already.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Ah yes sorry... none the less... all the artwork they show looks fantastic. Reminds me a bit of my Aleister Crowley Thoth Tarot Deck.

I've always been more drawn to the imagery of the occult rather than the actual writings. I'm sure that defies the point, but my one or two run-ins with the paranormal keep me from digging any further.

edit on 7-7-2016 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join