It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Countdown To Rio Olympics, Message from Rio Police, We Wont Be Able To Protect You.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   
News on CNN included this chilling story today, who would visit Rio during the Olympics?, certainly not my family. Police and Firefighters are demonstrating at the lack of numbers and support by the government. Already 59 Police Officers have been murdered in 2016 in Rio alone. (6 mths.) Together with the fear of the Zika virus, possible terror attacks, and the exclusion of the "doping" athlete's, no wonder many athlete's have declined to participate. Let's hope that in the tradition of the Olympics, no major setback tarnishes this great sporting event.

edit on 5-7-2016 by tommo39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Is it just me of has there been very little hype and build-up to this years's Olympic games?

Most times the hype is there for months but it just doesn't seem to be getting any press this time around. Hardly surprising given the state of things in Brazil right now and I expect things to get worse.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

There is risk in most daily activities, do you enjoy being scared ?....

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
This vid doesn't come close to doing justice to the crime issue...

...I think it's funny how this is the first result that comes up when searching "Rio Olympics" on Youtube.

edit on 5-7-2016 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I feel inside that Rio will be looked at differently after the Olympics, IF it finishes, or even start for that matter.

Something doesn't feel right.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

Reality is a real drag isnt it ?....

One day in the not too distant future these elitist scum and all their money is going to get shoved so deeply up their asses they will no doubt sit there with a look of hideous pain and confusion as to how they got there

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Reality is a real drag isnt it ?....

One day in the not too distant future these elitist scum and all their money is going to get shoved so deeply up their asses they will no doubt sit there with a look of hideous pain and confusion as to how they got there

...that's because we'll all be dead and no one will be around to provide them their power, then... rinse and repeat.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   

I think it's funny how this is the first result that comes up when searching "Rio Olympics"
Yes, the Favela's of Rio are the worst slums in the world that i have seen, and i'v seen a lot where i live.Maybe you got a last look at Rio history......

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

do you enjoy being scared ?
Does anybody ENJOY being scared,,,,what a stupid question......

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Yeah its just i get the impression from your posts that you have had little experience traveling, correct me if i am wrong by all means ...

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Yeah its just i get the impression from your posts that you have had little experience traveling
WELL, you are wrong to assume about people you have never met. I lived 4 years in Africa, 3 years in Europe and have now been living in Indonesia for 20 years. I visit Malaysia,Singapore and Thailand every two months. Enough travelling for you?.......

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: tommo39

Yeah its just i get the impression from your posts that you have had little experience traveling
WELL, you are wrong to assume about people you have never met. I lived 4 years in Africa, 3 years in Europe and have now been living in Indonesia for 20 years. I visit Malaysia,Singapore and Thailand every two months. Enough travelling for you?.......

Then you should have no problem going to Rio. 1 million tourist were in Rio last year just for Carnival and about 5 million for the year. If you have traveled then you should know that that places like Rio or anywhere else are completely safe as long as you use a little common sense.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

The Olympics is quickly descending into chaos with all the bad rap it has gotten over the years about the corruption and money sink it has become for the hosting city. Rio is going to expose this con clearer than any previous city.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy
I feel inside that Rio will be looked at differently after the Olympics, IF it finishes, or even start for that matter.

Something doesn't feel right.

I agree.
While holding the Olympics is prestigious, Russia's "stint" at it was frought, and Rio seem's ill equipped for it, even at this late date things are still a mess. Call me crazy, but the money spent on this given the economy in Brazil seems misplaced.

Of course the News will be white washed and sanitized, but I don't see this years summer Olympics going well AT ALL.
I of course feel bad for all the athlete's who have trained and were looking forward to it.
Think it's going to be "a bust".

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Then you should have no problem going to Rio
You don't know the make up of my family, and my comment was "certainly not my family". During a world event like the olympic's is not a normal touristic period....

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

And don't forget the terrorist that USA released from G'bay and sent to Chile, who recently crossed over illegally into Brazil and cannot be found....

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

#OlympicsDiedHere
#RioKilledOlympics
#OlympicsZikadedtoDeath

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

I made THIS thread www.abovetopsecret.com... but it didn't get any traction

here are the news links www.dailymail.co.uk... -targeting-Rio-games.html

daily mail reporters drove into the athletes village and another venue...with works and security...for hours, before someone security finally paid them attention, this happened after the threat from isis

www.dailymail.co.uk... -Olympics-hospitals-begin-RUN-medicine.html

the mayor there was spouting off...the hospitals are on the verge of collapse they can't afford to pay the drs and nurses.

cops are protesting, not enough money to keep gas in the patrol cars or pay their wages....crime is up

zika...........and the prostitutes have slashed their prices like a supermarket........

it is dangerous.......will it be cancelled? will this hearld the end of the olympics in the future....can countries afford to hold the olympics anymore???

edit on 5-7-2016 by research100 because: spelling and sentence and delete duplicate sentence

edit on 5-7-2016 by research100 because: erased a duplicar word

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
They need to stop holding the Olympics in these dodgy countries.

It always seems to be some 2nd world country or one with some grotesque dictatorship or some nightmare of a place like London.

I can't remember the last time they held an Olympic games in any country I would ever consider going apart from the prohibitively expensive Australia.

Where's the next one? bloody Japan. See what I mean?

It was only ever held in the US twice. Los Angeles and Atlanta. (3 if you count St Louis in 1904) Two American cities I only ever hear bad things about. Both uncomfortably warm in summer.

I wonder where the 2024 ones will be? The mind boggles probably Beirut or somewhere equally dumb like one of the cities in the idiot states, a sweltering hot one of course. Or some ME #hole like Saudi Arabia.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
They should have a set rotation summer olympics. One is Russia, One in China, One in the US, Two in Europe.
Winter Olympics. One in US, One in Canada, One in Russia, Two in Europe, One in China

The end. The Facilities stay up to date and are used as qualifiers. It's generally safe. Money stops being wasted building new things

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join