It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet your 2016 Presidential Candidates who are not a Dem or Rep...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Here are the people who will be running for President this November, 2016. The list is comprised of candidates who are part of whats considered a major political party and whose candidates have access to at least 270 electoral votes. There is a large list of 3rd party / minor party candidates however my research shows those individuals running have access to 0-50 electoral votes so they are not listed here. The Republican and Democratic party nominees are also not listed as they have enough exposure via the main stream media.

Let's meet the candidates -

Gary Johnson - Libertarian Party

* - The Libertarian Party Official Website
* - Libertarian Party Platform
* - Gary Johnson Information

Quick Facts
Experience:
Former Governor of New Mexico
Home State: New Mexico

An American businessman, politician, and the Libertarian Party nominee for President of the United States in the 2016 election. He served as the 29th Governor of New Mexico from 1995 to 2003 as a member of the Republican Party.

He was the Libertarian Party's nominee for President of the United States in the 2012 election.

Running mate
Governor William Weld

* - William Weld Information
Quick Facts
Experience:
Former Governor of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
United States Assistant Attorney General for the Criminal Division.
United States Attorney for the District of Massachusetts.
Counsel with the House Judiciary Committee during the Watergate impeachment inquiry.
Home State: Massachusetts

an American attorney, businessman and Libertarian politician who served as the 68th Governor of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. He is the Libertarian Party's nominee for Vice President of the United States in the 2016 election.[1]

A Libertarian Republican,[2] Weld served as the United States Attorney for the District of Massachusetts from 1981 to 1986 and as the head of the Department of Justice Criminal Division from 1986 to 1988.

He was elected Governor of Massachusetts in 1990 and served as the 68th governor from 1991 to 1997. He was re-elected by the largest margin in Massachusetts' history in 1994 and was the Republican nominee for the United States Senate in 1996, losing to incumbent Democrat John Kerry.

Dr. Jill Stein - Green Party

* - The Green Party Official Website
* - Green Party Platform
* - Jill Stein Information
* - JillStein2016

Quick Facts
Experience: Physician
Home State: Massachusetts

an American physician, activist, and politician. She has been described as the Green Party's presumptive nominee for President of the United States in the 2016 election.Stein was the nominee of the Green Party for President of the United States in 2012, and was twice a candidate for Governor of Massachusetts—in 2002 and 2010.

After receiving 469,501 votes in 2012—more than any other female general election candidate—Stein announced the formation of an exploratory committee in February 2015 to seek the Green Party's 2016 presidential nomination. On June 22, 2015, during an appearance on Democracy Now!, Stein formally announced she would seek the Green Party's 2016 presidential nomination.

Running mate
Not announced

Darrell Castle - Constitution Party

* - The Constitution Party Official Website
* - Constitution Party Platform
* - Darrell Castle Information
* - Castle2016

Quick Facts
Experience: Lawyer
Home State: Tennessee

Darrell Castle (born 1948) is an American political figure, activist and attorney from Memphis, Tennessee. He was the vice presidential nominee of the Constitution Party in the 2008 presidential election and is the party's presidential nominee for the 2016 presidential election.

Running mate
Dr. Scott Bradley

* - Scott Bradley Information

Quick Facts
Experience: Doctor
Home State: Utah

Has spent his life learning and teaching the principles of the Founders of the American nation. Having served his nation in the U.S. Army National Guard, he went on to earn degrees in Public Administration and Constitutional Law. He has experience working in both the public and private sectors, as well as serving in the Constitution Party of his state as well as at the national level for many years, including two runs for U.S. Senate. Scott is also the founder of the Constitution Commemoration Foundation.

If anyone has any candidates I overlooked who have access to 270+ electoral votes leave their name and I will put together a new thread laid out like this one.
edit on 5-7-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Thanks for the post. The U.S. needs more discussions like this. Rather than the endless silly democrat vs republican paradigm.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Thank you!!!!! I'm betting there will be a record number of votes for third party candidates this year. I would love to see them get more support. This country needs better options than the ones we are offered from the dominant parties. I'm voting for Jill Stein.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Thank you!!!!! I'm betting there will be a record number of votes for third party candidates this year. I would love to see them get more support. This country needs better options than the ones we are offered from the dominant parties. I'm voting for Jill Stein.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Gary Johnson FTW!

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

While we DO have other option beside the Rep'/Dem' party. They'll get next to no attention from the media.

What If find funny is that some of the third party runners meet the depends of the Rep' and Dem' voters just with out or at least fewer skeletons in their closets.

Ok for the Dem's there is the Green Partyrunner. It's a group that pretty close to the Dem party. It also happens to have a female runner so they don't even have to step back from that angle.

For the Rep's It's a little harder depending on views but I would go for the Libertarian Party Not as great a fit as the Dem's and Green party but it still shares some of the points.

I still don't think they'll get a snowballs chance in hell. That is unless something goes viral on social media letting them work around the MSM. Then they might have a chance, but I don't see that happening. Really think about how little we've heard about the other parties this year? Next to none, the years be for they would at least point them out a little more. Even if it was more just to point them out as a joke or side show act.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Jill Stein

Not exactly a professional politician, but maybe that's exactly what we don't need. Would love to see the Green Party become a more viable alternative to the quagmire we're stuck in now.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Gary Johnson FTW!

MY MAN!!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

It's also worth noting that (I think) the Johnson/Weld ticket is the only one that will be on the ballot in all 50 states. That's something that people need to research for themselves to see who will be on their state's ballot.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Any other candidate no matter how honest the may be and how qualified, they will never stand a change with the corruption that has taken hold of our nation with the last name Clinton.

Sadly Xcathdra, the Clintons are the ones that will be in the white house after the corruption crap they put on for the entire nation to see, they have bought their way into the white house because that is how presidents in the US get to be presidents, you just bribe and pay for all the agencies to see no evil so they can get their corrupted asses in there.

I am sure that they will be willing to add a few death bodies while they at it.

Still thanks for the post, I had no idea of some of them were even running.

edit on 5-7-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
People are so stuck in the two-party paradigm, so brainwashed into believing that a vote for any party but the two anointed two (actually and in reality just one party) is a wasted vote, I'm not surprised how very little traction this thread has gotten.

It's too bad, really, because more parties might actually get us out of this clusterflock we appear to have gotten ourselves into.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

The problem is that the two elite system of political parties make sure that nobody can compete with their corrupted crab that seems to recycle over and over every 4 years.

They are holding the nations politics and controlling everything with the help of shady financial contributors and pay off agencies, the power that they hold is too good to let go right now.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

The people have the power. But instead they fall for the crap and fall into one line or another to bicker while those you mention get away with it.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I know, is the human condition, or to make it more easier is "human nature" to trust those that are in power.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
A vote for any of these guys is the same things as a vote for Hillary.
And if that evil corrupt.... you know what... squirms her way into more power, this country is doomed.

Trump is our only hope to stop her.
And he is the best hope for our country's future.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I don't think it's a human condition to either trust or distrust those in power, but do think it's the human condition to be easily swayed, led, and distracted by the same. Hell, look around.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This country doesn't need a new president. It needs patriots.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This country doesn't need a new president. It needs patriots.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

X, thought you might be interested in this.

Poll: Americans want alternative to Trump, Clinton

There is a growing demand for a third-party alternative to Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, a new poll shows.

Twenty-one percent of likely voters say they will not back either party’s presumptive nominee for president, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released Friday.

In contrast, only 13 percent of likely voters said the same thing at this time in 2012.

However, Americans don’t know much about the main third-party candidates, the poll found.

Only 23 percent said they were “somewhat familiar” with Libertarian Party nominee Gary Johnson, a former New Mexico governor. And just 16 percent said the same of the leading Green Party candidate Jill Stein, a physician.

In a four-way race, the poll found Clinton leading with 45 percent support, Trump at 34 percent, Johnson at five percent and Stein at four percent.

The poll also showed that a majority of American voters have an unfavorable view of both Clinton and Trump.

Forty-seven percent of Trump supporters said their main priority when voting will be to stop Clinton from reaching the White House.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I am considering voting for the Constitution Party candidate Darrell Castle. I am not real thrilled with Gary Johnson even though I voted for him in 2012. The more I learn about him, the less he appeals to me. Darrell Castle may be more Libertarian than Gary Johnson. Constitution Party Candidate, Darrell Castle, Says He’s More Libertarian Than Gary Johnson

When the Libertarian Party nominated Bob Barr in 2008, I voted for the Constitution Party ticket. Darrell Castle was the VP on the ticket back then.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join