It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new normal: leaving your tent and belongings behind at a rock festival

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well I already don't go to that festival. As I've mentioned, the festivals I leave from people consolidate their trash properly.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I wonder if the good people who have to clean up sort through the items left, and it turns up on Ebay, and the stupid sods buy back what they left behind?

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
I wonder if the good people who have to clean up sort through the items left, and it turns up on Ebay, and the stupid sods buy back what they left behind?

As it is mostly junk I would say that is not likely. Its not like people are spending much on this stuff to begin with. I just looked and found lots of tents between $13 and $20. So for the price off a soda and popcorn at the movies it is no wonder they do not bother to keep it.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

The original Woodstock. 1969. Watch the movie or search picture from 69. Trash left by 1/2 million concert goers.

edit on 5-7-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I have heard also at the Sturgis SD annual motorcycle rally, people even leave trailers behind. Many of the events draw people who want to do the least possible to house themselves comfortably for the event. Some businesses have begun renting out small mobile homes for the event at unbelievable prices for the likes of doctors and those with a lot of excess money. I heard they run for 25K each unit for the event. Since there is no hotel accommodations locally or even quite a distance away, it's a disposable option for sure. If you think of the overpriced hotel rooms for these types of events, many can buy their tent and necessary items and save money, be close to the event and have no clean up after.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
I have heard also at the Sturgis SD annual motorcycle rally, people even leave trailers behind. Many of the events draw people who want to do the least possible to house themselves comfortably for the event. Some businesses have begun renting out small mobile homes for the event at unbelievable prices for the likes of doctors and those with a lot of excess money. I heard they run for 25K each unit for the event. Since there is no hotel accommodations locally or even quite a distance away, it's a disposable option for sure. If you think of the overpriced hotel rooms for these types of events, many can buy their tent and necessary items and save money, be close to the event and have no clean up after.

I do find the sight of people trailering their bikes to Sturgis and Daytona bloody laughable.
Drive all the way in an air conditioned pickup then unload the chopper and play biker for the week.

Over here, the only people allowed to take a car to most bike rallies are ones with a disabled badge.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I just got back from visiting someone who was fashioning a handrail for an elderly lady out of a piece of twisted yew. The piece of yew had mud on it. He said, "Glastonbury mud". I didn't enquire further.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
well think about it- a hundred bands? a band every hour? what kind of person goes to something like that? someone with the attention span of hey look a squirrel!!!

a reply to: prisoneronashipoffools

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
There are some festivals where you can leave tents/clothes behind and then these are sorted by charities and donated to the needy...

I'm not trying to make an excuse - a lot of it just looks like trash

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: bottleslingguy

Where!

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Loque76

I've never heard refugees or their supporters say anything good about the flimsy chinese tents that feel-good volunteers dump on them. In fact there was a huge rash of media stories about how inadequate they are. Choosing not to go to the festival and donating a reasonably sturdy tent would make sense for the people and the planet.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
where is whut?

originally posted by: Kester
a reply to: bottleslingguy

Where!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join