It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some serious theological problems with the Christian religion

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I already answered you...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

No, apparently you don't read so well either.
I ASKED for the information ITSELF, not your opinions of what you say you know.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Well cripes man... google is your friend...

Religion

Relic

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

The first issue we are going to look at is the rapture. Almost everyone is familiar with the basic idea of the rapture- that God or Jesus' faithful followers will be raised up into the sky at the second coming of Jesus and taken away from earth to heaven to live in God's presence.

It does appear within some of the Christian based text there does exist some data related to human SOUL displacement and said displaced souls being aware of past/present activities happing on planet EA*RTH that displaced them.
Thing is it doesn't seem to be a easy process as it calls out that these Humans were displaced through death by those who were against THE...
So overtime 1 has analyzed the Human collective "in mass" and has came to the realization that some wish to have a simple passage through (which is understood) and due to some possibly following what is written below, some may be in denial of the actual soul displacement processes. Therefore hoping for a rapture like process mentioned (again which is understood) that is easier to experience...
It seems this is a Spiritual point in which faith is determined fully... Because its clearly saying many must die in the flesh here and yet are shown here from AN above view the Wrath said to be ushered in by He the SON... The KING OF KINGS. Upon those remaining here.
Those remaining here though are said to face a SECOND DEATH FOR DISPLACING THE SOULS HERE. Why those who were killed by them are ASCENDED INTO GRACE and only face death Once, as it's written...
Again this is where faith comes in, and how much you believe what you believe regardless of the religion followed will determine your flesh and ETERNAL SPIRITS outcomes...

King James Bible revelations 6:

9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

As far as materialism goes and some feeling financial gain=blessings, I guess due to the way this world runs based on the all mighty dollar many have their perceptions and theories that financial gain means they were blessed. And that though a far thought may have some truth associated. But are they thinking of the same God of Benevolence of another God or even Demi-god that works in such ways

And if so what are they being paid for?
Personally this is why 1 feels its important to research who you are sending your metaphysical energy to during prayer and or worshipping. Because many may be bonding themselves with said deities in the afterlife UNKNOWINGLY...
In relation to potentially tampered religious data-there may be 7 stories about a triangle in the sky.
But all 7 stories mentioned a triangle of some color, shape, size, visibility, sound, smell & speed.
So in relation to religions what data seems prevalent amongst them all
That AFTERLIFE, GOD BENEVOLENT OR DEMONIC MALEVOLENT ENERGIES EXIST AND ARE DOMINATED BY HIERARCHY AND ARE PART OF THE HUMAN ETERNAL EXISTENCE FROM SOUL TO FLESH AND BACK TO SOUL...

NAMASTE
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******
edit on 7/6/16 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Revelations 19:
10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords.

17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Also we dont judge those outside the church, those in the church we can and must
Matthew 18:15
"If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over.

So do open forum posts qualify as "just between the two of you"? Or should Christians maybe not air each other's dirty laundry in public? It's been so long since I've seen a clothes line, is airing dirty laundry an idiom in common usage?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Isn't the net today's Confessional?

Amirite?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: Raggedyman

Also we dont judge those outside the church, those in the church we can and must
Matthew 18:15
"If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over.

So do open forum posts qualify as "just between the two of you"? Or should Christians maybe not air each other's dirty laundry in public? It's been so long since I've seen a clothes line, is airing dirty laundry an idiom in common usage?

I dont think we want to be running around condemning people over a few posts on the net, it is a internet forum afterall
If its about pride and selfishness, if its nasty and bitter, maybe a message
Its not my forum, I am not the police

I think mostly the Christians here remain tempered

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Isn't the net today's Confessional?

In a sense. I don't know about Facebook, never signed up, but the forums like this are sometimes like confession. But then, I read a thread over in Philosophy-Metaphysics, got the impression that the OP would consider that personal subjective stuff as counter productive. I have to think about that one.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Facebook sucks...

I only have it because it saved my life once upon a time... so i feel i owe it something...

Its not all bad though...

edit on 6-7-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Correct me if im wrong but did you just call me Satan...

Or a follower of?

edit on 6-7-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Facebook sucks...

I only have it because it saved my life once upon a time... so i feel i owe it something...

Its not all bad though...

Facebook does suck, you're telling the bitter truth.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Airing dirty laundry is in common usage or at least common enough that people recognize it.

I wouldn't worry about it dying out. There are plenty of common idioms whose reason for being no longer exist in everyday life but we still use them anyhow.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The true reality is the philosophy of Buddhism as it teaches common sense truth of karma which is not about a set of beliefs but consequences of actions and decisions that ultimately create the world that you fit into whether it be positive or negative and that the understanding of this and focusing on positive actions and decisions puts your soul on a path of enlightenment by overcoming your previous negative polarity. Religion at it's core is just a tool of mass manipulation for wealth, power, submission or sacrifice to a master. We as the children of god are fully aware extensions of the energy that makes up the universe that is "god" and are the masters of our own destiny. Live life not perfectly but in the search for perfection and the path will be clear as the intent is righteous from within.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Ok, then according to you God chooses who will know him. So what's the point of Theology, Religion, Belief in God, etc. If God chooses not to reveal himself then it's just "tough sh*t pal".

The above was addressed to Tarzan and not meaning to steal his thunder I would like to address what you said.

God does not choose to favor any person. Each person is precious in the mind of the Father. There are rules and regulations for all of creation to obey or reject and all people have the same choice with perhaps different expressions. There are gentle and kind people who have never heard of Jesus but the kindness is instilled in their minds without any sort of revelations of a god and there are many people who are scoundrels who attend religious meetings weekly.

God does favor some people who are willing to try to obey His permissive will and knowing that no person can obey His perfect will. Not one procreated human has or ever will master God's perfect will. It is impossible, but God in His permissive will has made an escape with forgiveness. Each person who has attained the age of sane accountability is responsible for their own beliefs. Regardless of mom or dad or friend or wife you make your own choice in life. God does not play favorites with salvation even though He does give gifts to those who He knows will try to use them to establish His kingdom.

These gifts were given on the day of Pentecost after His death and they were given as tools to strengthen and protect His church. Luke cites these gifts in his book of Acts of the Apostles and they are there for all to read and make their choice. It is after you make a choice of accepting Jesus that God chooses you for His kingdom and not that he chooses you first to become one in His kingdom. You and I must decide first to believe Jesus and try to obey the rules that Jesus taught and then God chooses the gift which is best suited for you and I. God's foreknowledge is before predestination and not predestination before His foreknowledge.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There are plenty of common idioms whose reason for being no longer exist in everyday life but we still use them anyhow.

Thank you.

It came as a good bump start for the morning. Brings to mind how many times I slowly learned how to first understand the meaning of an idiom from hearing it used, then later how to use the idiom myself, then finally some time later, if ever, did I discover the origin.

If it weren't for the laughter and explanations, I might still be looking for the proverbial left-handed monkey wrench.

Being sent to fetch the board stretcher can be seen as an initiation rite for an apprentice carpenter. Laughter by fellow insiders and mockery from outsiders are two completely different experiences.

Thank you for the kick-off for concept association session, or perhaps the break (depending on the sport or game).

edit on 6-7-2016 by pthena because: spelling

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The main problem here is that we are talking about the alleged force that brought all of reality into existence. He can apparently code DNA, yet struggles with publishing a book of his own truth which is oh-so imperative for humanity to study. I guess the 10 Commandments was the most he could manifest in terms of text, leaving the rest to various inconsistent authors, editors and translators. The latter of which being necessary because he intentionally confused world language when he got intimidated by people working together at the Tower of Babel. Yikes. This guy seems exceptionally pathetic.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Jesterlion
Welcome to ATS, new member.

You wrote:

Religion at it's core is just a tool of mass manipulation for wealth, power, submission or sacrifice to a master.

Some people may rephrase that as "Religion, as a social phenomenon, is a means, whereby certain commonalities are established for the purpose of cohesion of the target group". The religion itself would depend upon the purpose for which it was manufactured ... then there are the masters' goals (what they want out of it, or what they want to see as a product), and the structure would be borrowings from previous religions (as social engineering building blocks).

The masters have a goal, architects design the structure, builders use parts supplied by gatherers of pieces of previous religions (social structures). The positive/negative outcome depends upon the goal of the master, the artistic vision of the architect, the skill of the builders, and the suitability of the materials.

So the actual who's who seems to be what people as the manipulated must attempt to find out. Do we want to be manipulated to our hurt or to our gain? And who is best suited to achieve that for the consumer (us the socially engineed people) That's the question?

Welcome to ATS (where some of the posts are people thinking on the keyboard to themselves, see example above, whether that's good or bad, oh well, it is what it is)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2x Helix
The main problem here is that we are talking about the alleged force that brought all of reality into existence. He can apparently code DNA, yet struggles with publishing a book of his own truth which is oh-so imperative for humanity to study. I guess the 10 Commandments was the most he could manifest in terms of text, leaving the rest to various inconsistent authors, editors and translators. The latter of which being necessary because he intentionally confused world language when he got intimidated by people working together at the Tower of Babel. Yikes. This guy seems exceptionally pathetic.

Good points...which is why the bible being the inerrant word of god, is so preposterous.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Christianity is not a belief system , by any stretch of imagination. it has to do with personal relationship with Jesus

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join