It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some serious theological problems with the Christian religion

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Gosh you rant a lot
It's good to know when you talk to others you should say something interesting, always keep it short, you can lose an audience by boring them with rhetoric

It's funny, you know I disagree with you but, like some religious fundamentalist you can't stop banging your drum, preaching your word, knocking on doors, proselytizing your faith in your chosen religion
You are a fundamentalist, you stalk me to tell me your religious choice is superior, your moral is superior, your intelect is superior
Well good for you my friend, I am glad for you, congratulations on your very large head

Children and adults want world peace, have done for many thousands of years, you and your divisiveness, your childish antagonism, your moral superiority, your boring rants are not going to achieve that either

I would really appreciate it if you stopped knocking on my ats door with your holier than thou religious nonsense BBD

Find a better way to vent your spleen

LOLOLOl.....oh, man....you don't know Jesus at all.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Matrixsurvivor

how did this supernatural experience result in your dissatisfaction with judaism?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

funny tc, I don't come here to run atheism down, I have said on countless occasions I see atheism and evolution as a fair and reasonable, logical belief
Yet I have to put up with a bunch of moaning proselytizing atheists, as bad as the crazy Wesboro crew on this site, kicking, biting, scratching and screaming
At least Wesboro can organise, atheists outside of a few communists can't can't seem to do that yet
I am sure when they do we will see another mass slaughter event

Note BBD s complaint
Comment on it if you will, support it, question it or argue it

A nice picture of a wooden iron, funny but it kind of smacks of cowardice, "I won't comment because I am to scared, here is a picture, that should be vague enough"

So care to comment?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

About raptures, it comes from some verses:

One shall be taken, one shall be left. Some will not know death, but be changed in the twinkling of an eye.

Their flesh will be consumed from their bones as they stand upon their feet. (all paraphrased)

Sounds like trauma affects from hi velocity projectiles and concussive effects from hi explosives.

Instant death, blown away...
edit on 7-7-2016 by intrptr because: additi0onal

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

funny tc, I don't come here to run atheism down, I have said on countless occasions I see atheism and evolution as a fair and reasonable, logical belief

you have said a lot of things on countless occasions.

Yet I have to put up with a bunch of moaning proselytizing atheists, as bad as the crazy Wesboro crew on this site, kicking, biting, scratching and screaming
At least Wesboro can organise, atheists outside of a few communists can't can't seem to do that yet

no one forces you to visit this site. you know how to close the browser window or switch tabs. not to mention the countless sites available exclusively for proselytizing judaic concepts. surely one of them serves kool aid in your preferred flavor and glass. might even get a bendy straw, who knows.

Note BBD s complaint

noted and filed under "objections to freedom of expression and other miscellaneous virtual rubbish"

A nice picture of a wooden iron, funny but it kind of smacks of cowardice, "I won't comment because I am to scared, here is a picture, that should be vague enough"

you must have missed all the other posts in your excitement. i just figured that you would be able to gather my meaning based on the amount of time you spend writing your own posts, many of which bear remarkable likeness to the problems you have concerning others posts.

but this thread isnt about you, so do you have a note to add in regard to the actual topic?
edit on 7-7-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: MamaJ

Pull what exactly? What would I pull out of most ancient texts?

those fuzzy life morals and anecdotes of the ages.

Personally I see nothing wrong with someone being a spectator and not "in it to win it". Not sure what the prize would be other than the "crown" I referred to. Furthermore my post had nothing to do with Armageddon.... AT ALL so coming out of left field with that one confuses me.

revelations is a part of judaic theology even if you didnt mention it. your comments did allude to the race of the narrow path by which we find the kingdom and therefore the crown, aka the bunch of people who surrendered their civil liberties for eternal servitude (theoretically).

Nope... all that you mention and assume is the dogma I was not referring to. The crown can be perfecting ones soul or spirit.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Their flesh will be consumed from their bones as they stand upon their feet. (all paraphrased)

That's not a rapture verse, that's a verse about war. It sounds like a neutron bomb, Israel does have them.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

i dont believe in perfection, but dont let that stop you.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Don't let it ( fear ) keep you from trying to be the best you can be.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

how did this supernatural experience result in your dissatisfaction with judaism?

I actually had no dissatisfaction with Judaism. I was a "Christian" from 93 to 2013. I then researched my issues with Paul. After that, I turned to the Torah, thinking since Paul basically abrogated it, it must me what I should be doing. Then, I did the Passover in 2014. God (the real one), showed me through MANY twists of events and synchronicities, that HE NEVER, and I mean never wanted us to kill His creatures. It's a loooong story dude. It involved many months of things happening to me, losing a beloved dachshund (that apparently recoiled at the smell of lamb being cooked) and many, many other things. It's a journey that showed me so much, and left me totally discombobulated. I am pissed (can you tell, lol). But, it's more at the deceptions that all religions put on this world and it's inhabitants. I will go at it with someone, but it's because the blindness irritates me. At least right now. Maybe I'll get to a place of acceptance...maybe not. I'm kind of a fighter and always have been . I do love God. I'm just in a redefining place of Him at the moment. Not even sure it's a "Him". I like to read a bunch of stuff on Quantum Physics, too. Seems to me that anything that can do THAT, doesn't need critters killed to appease his wrath, nor a son killed to appease it either. It's all BS, if you ask me.
Not sure if that answered your question. There's so much more to my story, and so much more that I've dug into and researched. How can someone explain their whole life experience in a 2 paragraph answer on a website. It's impossible.
I even know that the fundamentalist Christians on here (that act like buttheads when pressed) are just saying what they believe to be true right now. It's working for them. The sad thing is they can't see how UN-like Jesus they are.
I know I'm not either right now. Well, online I'm a little cantankerous. LOL. It's the wrestling with all I've realized that causes me to put my dukes up. But, I do believe that we should follow the things Jesus taught, and the Beatitudes are a good place to start. I just think we should extend those things to ALL beings. I honestly think this world is a mimic or fake one of what is really good. It has beauty...but death and evil. I don't think that's Eve's fault or our fault. I really think we have been captive to something(s) that feed off of our misery down here.
Most the time, I take care of animals, my kids, and other people. That's my real world. Oh, and I stopped eating animals in 2014.
The more Christians spout off at me, the more I know I'm on the right track. Funny thing too, most my friends are Christians. Do you know only ONE stuck with me. Now she's digging and finding the same conclusions on her own. The rest can't be bothered with me. They are too busy doing church and homegroups and eating pot lucks.
Like I said, God works in crazy ways with me. He used a gay man and animals to get through to me that HE WASN'T WHAT THE BIBLE SAID ABOUT HIM. Ha....go figure.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
this will be good....
every answer you seek about life is covered in the book....so read it daily looking for a supernatural original thought.

like it says if someone takes something of yours....do not worry , let it go....then it says

don't try to get it back.....all the details are covered, like my problem being oversexed....I'm 63 now....it looks like I have to ....you know when it says put on your armor.....the first one is always gird your loins....
I guess I have to stop letting loin thoughts take me over....huh!....see....told ya!!!

edit on 7-7-2016 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-7-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

how do you know its THE god? how do you know its a god at all? how do you know it isnt just a member or a group from some sufficiently advanced civilization that took unusual interest in you? or maybe its just pareidolia?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ

Don't let it ( fear ) keep you from trying to be the best you can be.

i think its the whole "be the best you can be" that gets in the way of "be someone who makes you happy".

perfection is not satisfaction.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

how do you know its THE god? how do you know its a god at all? how do you know it isnt just a member or a group from some sufficiently advanced civilization that took unusual interest in you? or maybe its just pareidolia?

I know.....when we think of infinity or the start of time we kinda get short circuited....our minds can't picture it....so some writings say god started when a tree had two pods on in it and two brothers were born gods.....now wait a minute

any writing that addresses the beginning of reality with a tree already bearing seeds...naw...NAW only one book addresses the beginning of time at all.....like in the first sentence even.....that same sentence states space and mass and time.....first friggin sentence my brother

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
LOL...ok, but I'm a girl.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
this will be good....
every answer you seek about life is covered in the book....so read it daily looking for a supernatural original thought.

like it says if someone takes something of yours....do not worry , let it go....then it says

don't try to get it back.....all the details are covered, like my problem being oversexed....I'm 63 now....it looks like I have to ....you know when it says put on your armor.....the first one is always gird your loins....
I guess I have to stop letting loin thoughts take me over....huh!....see....told ya!!!

Ok, you are pretty funny...and cool. You mixed a little Jesus in with Paul, but hey, at least you are kind about it...and honest. I can dig that.
Take care.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Note BBD s complaint

So care to comment?

Me thinks you need a little humility there RM. Try hanging out with all us atheists/ sinners and ex-Christians without being a jerk. Jesus did.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Um, I don't, lol. I have had the most intense encounters with a being that I KNEW loved me....completely. It also never judged me. After that, I devoured the Bible. I read it every second I could. I mean, it was like being drawn to it and it came alive. BUT.....I saw things in it from the get go that didn't sit right with me.
Now, I'm sorta thinking that the bible is like a portal to the voice(s) of different entities...some good, some bad. I definitely met the good one. But, I've also felt the bad...or the ugly one in there, as well. Paul would be one, and the god that is all throughout the Torah (YHWH) is definitely not good.
Thing is, I've done such a 180 in my thinking about it (and beliefs), that I am just waiting to see what's next.
About 6 months ago, this thought would not leave my brain/spirit...whathaveyou. It was "WHO is the god of this world?"
Now, some believers would say "satan" and some would say "YHWH". Well, I HAD to know the answer to that question. It was one of those questions that I knew did not come from ME. It came from something bigger getting me to seek and find. I felt like Neo looking for the damn rabbit, lol . Anyway, that has been interesting to dig into. I really don't know yet, completely, what the answer is. But, I do know this....the "god of this world" is NOT a good dude or entitiy.
There is a higher One...probably the One Jesus came into this realm to show us.
I keep waiting for more pieces to the puzzle.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Matrixsurvivor

Note BBD s complaint

So care to comment?

Me thinks you need a little humility there RM. Try hanging out with all us atheists/ sinners and ex-Christians without being a jerk. Jesus did.

I think a bit of humility would be a welcome wave right across these forums

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

With your waterfall of words, most meanings are lost

Summarise it TC
Summarise what your meaning is

I can do it for you

"All religions are evil, all religious people are retarded, we should push them into the oceans like the Muslims want to do to the Jews"

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join