It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some serious theological problems with the Christian religion

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Read with some humanity instead of judgment, fiend.

Dude! Seriously? Look at the juxtaposition of "humanity" and "fiend" in your sentence.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
Christianity is not a belief system , by any stretch of imagination. it has to do with personal relationship with Jesus

Well know that, but people without the Holy Spirit don't understand that, they see it just like any of the other man-made religions and philosophies.

That's because "Personal Relationships" require at least 2 people to be involved. Not one person and some other fictional, non-material, or concept of a person.

So unless your "Personal Relationship" means Jesus himself is coming to hang out with you physically you're having a "Personal Relationship" with your own imaginary Jesus.

Please explain in detail what you mean by "Personal Relationship".
Personal or intimate relationship begins when you are filled with the Holy Ghost. It is intensely physical and difficult to describe in words. it is very tangible

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
The easiest way to answer the OP is to refer him/her to equip.org. The Bible Answer Man has answered all these questions and many more to the satisfaction of most Christians who believe the Bible. That being said, the members of Christianity have a saying about being one in the faith, even though they may disagree on lesser points. All agree that Jesus is the source of our salvation and exaltation, whether with or without baptism and so forth. The scriptures indicate there is one Lord, one faith, and one baptism, and one God and Father of all. When the Bible New Testament was translated from Greek into English some meanings became less clear. In order to understand the true meanings of some of the verses, you must go back to the Greek autographs, or original writings. These original writings were derived from thousands of ancient manuscripts, compared and translated by some of the best linguists of the time. Today, the King James Version is likely the best English translation, and is copyright free. In order to create a Bible that you can copyright, you must change 10% or more of the text. Hence, we have the NIV, ESV, RSV, etc. for profit, which have employed the Codex Vaticanus, the Codex Sinaiticus, and the Codex Alexandrius. These old versions of the Bible were promoting the Alexandrian view of Jesus, which was at odds with the Apostles as noted in the New Testament. Therefore, this introduced an error into the new translations that was not in the KJV. Hence, you will find a different Jesus in the NIV, and verses completely changed or removed. This is the basis for the King James Only movement, as I understand it.

If you stay with the KJV and back it up with the Greek you will be ok. By the way, the thee and thou usage in the KJV was not the common language of the day, they were added to specify the personal nature of the reference. For example, when Jesus spoke to Nicodemus, he said "...I said unto thee, ye must be born again." John 3:7 He was telling one person what all must do. Thee is singular, you or ye is plural, therefore giving us a better understanding of the passage.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
It is intensely physical and difficult to describe in words. it is very tangible

It may well be but it is not a rule, thats not the truth

We as christians are taught we are not saved by feelings, our salvation is written in stone, on Christs hands in blood.
Feelings lie to us, we dont hold on to salvation because we feel good, do we throw salvation away when we feel bad
When we feel alone, feel salvation is distant and the only intensely physical thing we feel is pain or emotional pain, should we question our salvation
Jesus is still there, our salvation is still guaranteed, sometimes being filled with the Spirit is not tangible at all, be careful what you say.
God treats us all differently

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

No, I mean since when does the church not condemn lust?

(Besides Joel Osteen, he doesn't teach anything about sin or the cross.)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   

No, I mean since when does the church not condemn lust?

(Besides Joel Osteen, he doesn't teach anything about sin or the cross.)

The church condemns lust within the church, its not our responsibility to condemn those in the world
Jesus loved those in the world, healed them and asked them to stop sinning, no condemnation

Those outside the church, they have made a choice or havnt, they need to know the church loves them, Jesus loves them

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Thats the excuse, but what occurs is people start reading into things not there and start becoming delusional in their pursuit becoming hyper religious that spirals into delusions.

Take the word CAT now read into the word cat... whats there? Just all of your own experiences of that word... does all of that change the word CAT in any way shape or form? Nope it is what it is simply a label for this animal with four legs and purrs. Did you notice my description of CAT? That doesn't make it what it is either. But it is simply a label that when we see this thing we learned as a cat being, that we can point and go oh look a CAT.

All of this pointing is just labels we all constantly define via experience... theres nothing woo about it, if there is woo about it then seek out a medical professional as youve become subject to an object that doesnt really exist and simply depends on your cognition of it and experience to exist. The concept of god requires such, the concept of cat? Meow.

Yes I added sound it not only exists in sight but sound, claiming these random voices one hears as some god is delusional simply because one has become hyper religious and focused on it as a subject so long... the subject of god in and of itself ceases to exist simply as a concept no different than any other subject and becomes anything and everything people want it to be... in their own image of what it is, in such that gives the concept a force of every persons arms, legs and mind as an excuse to carry out exactly what they want to and blame it on something else and call it their religious right.

But heres the difference between the cat and god in reality... everyone can experience the cat and it doesnt require a label or any delusions for them to do so called belief.

edit on 7-7-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: clarity

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Really
It sounds like you rely on the woo effect
Cats, meows adding sound
I say dog, barks bites, what does that make you think
Now turn dog backwards and it's God barks bites

See what I am saying?
No?
I have no idea what you are saying either are you gnosisfaith in another disguise
Seek medical help please, are you channeling gnosisfaith

I am a grown adult, I will make my own decisions who I subject myself to gnosisfaith, who I will obey and what I believe believe

Honestly I would say you are delusional thinking this world is all there is, delusional, ignorant of the reality of so much unexplained happening around you, what you see.
This forum, this site is filled with unexplained, woo, unbelievable experiences out of the box

If you don't believe in this woo from this site, what are you here for

The real woo is the clouded mind in your head, the clouds of woo that stops you from thinking, there is something going on and it's not natural

The cat can be experienced if you have access to a cat, what if there are no cats where I live, if I never see one. You just trickin me arnt you, cats are not real, I can't experience one
I have never been to the US, I have friends who have, they are trickin me, the US doesn't exist because I havnt experienced it
Wow, sorry for my dumb argument, silly me

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328
There is an interesting quote by the alien "Airl" who was interviewed by the army nurse from Roswell.
The alien basically told the nurse that the story in the bible is "Mumbo Jumbo" after reading a large collection of the world literature written in English. And according to this intelligent being human souls do not die and they exist forever.
So it is possible that Christian religion was not meant to lead people to a clear path of faith leading to heaven. It was designed and written to divide and destroy humanity instead. In a recent development of ancient archeology, the elongated skulled people ruled Egypt as shown in the form of the remaining pictorial depiction of the head of the Pharaoh Akhenaten, and DNA analysis, the elongated skulled humans are not actually humans, they are called homo capensis. The hybrid between homo sapience and homo capensis does not produce more than one generation. In essence they died off as we do not see those elongated skulled people these days. As the archaeologies study further into the details of the ancient biblical text, they discovered that Moses was a homo capensis. This opens a huge can of worm in the story of the five books in the old testament, because these books are particularly known to be written by Moses. Basically the biblical texts including Torah were written by non human entity homo capensis. If they knew that their species can not last more than one generation by interbreeding with humans from experience, they would be extremely hostile about the idea of interbreeding with other races. The extreme racial prejudice displayed in the old testament of the bible is consistent with this observation. The bible is a text written by non human entity. Of course these non human entities have died off no matter how well they tried to preserve their species. The current Jewish people are not homo capensis. They have no problem of interbreeding with other human races. They are just the believer of those old text written by homo capensis Moses that divides humanity and make them to slaughter each other, something probably the Homo capensis wanted humans (homo sapience) to do each other.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

yes you are twisting something in creativity hoping its teeth is something ive not experienced. The greatest control comes over oneself, the lowest over others.

Control oneself and there will be no desire to control others... labels and dogmas are tags of slavery and have been keeping the earth and humanity in tyranny for thousands and thousands of years.

Since you tried to tell me all these things in self projection and assumption or whatever, knowing thy self is not infecting another with the same sickness but healing them of it once properly understood.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

yes you are twisting something in creativity hoping its teeth is something ive not experienced. The greatest control comes over oneself, the lowest over others.

Control oneself and there will be no desire to control others... labels and dogmas are tags of slavery and have been keeping the earth and humanity in tyranny for thousands and thousands of years.

Since you tried to tell me all these things in self projection and assumption or whatever, knowing thy self is not infecting another with the same sickness but healing them of it once properly understood.

Isn't that amazing because I thought you were trying to infect me with your secularist woo
That why I replied in the nature I chose

A Big Bang ...Woooo, and something from nothing...Woooo
Life from nothing...Wooo

You best learn to control your own tongue before telling others what to do, it's childish

Or really, didn't you notice you were telling me what I should believe. Control yourself first, your words
Telling me what I should believe gnosisfaith, when you don't even understand what you believe, come on

You must think you are something real special dictating to me what I should believe, what woo I should and shouldn't choose
I didn't tell you what you should and shouldn't believe, I used your words to tell you what you think of yourself

Believe what you want

Woooo...

And just as a side
I made some reasonably valid points that you seem to scared to broach
Woof, woof
edit on 7-7-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Christianity is not a belief system , by any stretch of imagination. it has to do with personal relationship with Jesus

Well know that, but people without the Holy Spirit don't understand that, they see it just like any of the other man-made religions and philosophies.

That's because "Personal Relationships" require at least 2 people to be involved. Not one person and some other fictional, non-material, or concept of a person.

So unless your "Personal Relationship" means Jesus himself is coming to hang out with you physically you're having a "Personal Relationship" with your own imaginary Jesus.

Personal or intimate relationship begins when you are filled with the Holy Ghost. It is intensely physical and difficult to describe in words. it is very tangible

I agree with this. It is intense and real. It is also difficult to describe. The best I can do is say that there is a powerful emotional undertone when you are with someone you truly love - a soulmate spouse, your newborn child. This same intense emotion? It is a pale shadow of what that experience is.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I agree with this. It is intense and real. It is also difficult to describe. The best I can do is say that there is a powerful emotional undertone when you are with someone you truly love - a soulmate spouse, your newborn child. This same intense emotion? It is a pale shadow of what that experience is.

You know the Mormons have this prayer you recite and you get this burning of the breast
The burning of the breast feeling is how you know that the prayer and God is working to save you from evil, how you know you have the truth in front of you, how you know the Mormon witness is the truth
Be careful of feelings, be careful of pushing feelings
A Christian lost his wife, he was heart broken, the word of God was there to comfort him, the Spirit wasn't.
He couldn't handle the pain and couldn't discern the Spirit, he died by choice
Feelings lie.
The prosperity gospel operates by making a person feel good about giving money away to the church, the ministry, not unlike a poker machine

Please be careful what you say and believe

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

There is also a "strange fire" baptism. It's not the Holy Spirit. It's a Kundalini spirit. You can never go by feelings, and all spirits must be tested.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I agree. Be careful what you say you believe.

The Mormons say it is a single prayer? What if someone recites the prayer, and they do not get the burning? Does that mean God has not come to them?

You've just set someone up for failure and the belief they cannot be saved, my friend.

And since you cannot know just exactly what my personal experiences are and what I am trying to describe, trying to invalidate something that does not exactly mesh with your own personal religious views is verging on legalism. The Catholics would say we both have it wrong.

I'm not interested in our petty theological differences created by what your personal church of choice is vis a vis mine. I'm only interested that what worked for you to find Christ and then God worked. We should both be the most happy about that.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

There is also a "strange fire" baptism. It's not the Holy Spirit. It's a Kundalini spirit. You can never go by feelings, and all spirits must be tested.

Sounds very interesting, never heard of it
I will check it out thanks

All spirits must be tested, that's the truth

Any links please
edit on 7-7-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I am not a Mormon and don't believe Mormonism is a true Christian denomination, sorry
I believe the burning breast is of the devil, can't trust feelings

I am not a Catholic either

The failure is thinking that we know our relationship with God is based on feelings, it's not

I don't think that's tricky

If you disagree I am sorry

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

It is intensely physical and difficult to describe in words. it is very tangible

It may well be but it is not a rule, thats not the truth

radical it may be, but its the truth

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

It's a false baptism of fire. It's a Kundalini spirit. It makes people laugh, shake uncontrollably, make animal sounds. It's a Hindu god/demon spirit.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

I think with any religion there are inconsistencies with their followers. Lets face it... all belief systems, even science, has their cult followers. They keep their beliefs in a box and dare others to compromise said beliefs. If you dare be a free thinker and take the cult onto a new road you are then crucified by your peers. Jesus would be crucified again today if he were to come preach and teach.

Jesus was not a christian and do believe the man could care less about who you identify as so long as you treat people with kindness and have the better intent with all you do and say.

IMO the Bible is to be read alone without others interpretation so the Word can reach each individual on their own level of understanding. I will even take it a step further and state imo ANY book should be read alone with your own interpretation, otherwise you are following someone else's ideas that are not your own.

The Bible to me explains so much more than any church has been able to explain as my understanding is so different and so deep. If you take the Old Test. against the New Test. you see the Old transforming to the New. The Old body into the New body of Christ. The analogy of the loaf of bread even has the heel (old) on one end and the crown (new) on the other. Baptism to me is a symbol of rebirth in the most literal sense. To me the Bible is layered in meaning with a beautiful story line of mans story. The entire loaf of bread is humanity. The struggles and sacrifices. The way different men and women view their God and how their faith and works plays out to either the betterment of mankind or the opposite. The ultimate goal is to get to the crown and BE IT!

I came to a point in my 25 yrs of religion research it really doesn't matter. Matter isn't spirit and never will be. The spirit of each individual personality seeks at different levels and requires different teachings to reach the inner depths of each spirit.
Meaning don't knock others beliefs, focus on your own spirit and be a light for others to follow if they seek on your level. If a person is truly seeking daily they will evolve into a new understanding all the time anyway. No religion/spirituality can remain the same when it's people evolve.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join