It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Gay Atheist: Here’s why you should stand with Christian Mingle

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Gryphon66

Last I checked THEY are an isolated state that represents itself with it's psychotic court decrees.
NOT any form of faith nor a theological leader to decide such things.

Yep, I no longer have the slightest idea what you're on about.

Gays are Christians too. Christian Mingle is a public business. In CA, it's against state law to discriminate based on sexual orientation.

That's the summary here.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Then they can start their own gay Christian Church like the Protestants did with the friggin Catholics CAN'T THEY?
THE ANSWER IS YES they can in fact EXIST autonomously WITHOUT altering any denomination.
edit on 5-7-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
LGBT - Affirming Christian Denominations

(Hint: there are more than 100 organizations worldwide on this list.)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Then they can start their own gay Christian Church like the Protestants did with the friggin Catholics CAN'T THEY?
THE ANSWER IS YES they can in fact EXIST autonomously WITHOUT altering any denomination.

Oh ... separate but equal. Gotcha.

Christian Mingle is not a church.

And "THEY" don't have to start their own Christian churches ... many welcome LGBT folks.
edit on 5-7-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Then WHY can they leave us alone and go to THEM.
NO they want the statement ,they want the conflict and THEY WANT to generate a societal change by legal force.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Evidently you don't ,on a basis SO FUNDAMENTAL it EXEEDS known language.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Then WHY can they leave us alone and go to THEM.
NO they want the statement ,they want the conflict and THEY WANT to generate a societal change by legal force.

Who is "US"? Are you a member of Christian Mingle?

You seem a bit confused to say the least.

Two guys sued a public business under California law that was discriminating. The courts found in their favor.

This has nothing to do with someone invading your church, if that's what you're talking about.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66Gay bullying incident No. 2: A florist in the state of Washington is being sued after turning down a long-time customer, a homosexual man, who wanted flowers for his same-sex “wedding.” The owner politely explained her refusal arose from her Christian faith. But she didn’t get the email about the unacceptability of resisting any homosexual request these days. The gay man sued her, and then the state attorney general piled on with another suit. Good news, though: she is counter-suing for religious discrimination.

Gay bullying incident No. 3: Then there’s the Christian photographer in New Mexico who was fined $7,000, a ruling recently upheld by the creatively fascist New Mexico Supreme Court. Elane Photography declined taking photos of a same-sex ceremony, citing Christian religious beliefs. The couple sued because there are apparently no other photographers in that state. Or maybe out of pure lesbian spite.

Gay bullying incident No. 4: In private companies, homosexual advocates are inventing new methods for discriminating using “non-discrimination” policies. Former NFL player Craig James was fired after one broadcast as a commentator for Fox Sports allegedly because of remarks he made while running for the U.S. Senate in Texas. (Ted Cruz won that race.) All candidates on a panel were quizzed about same-sex marriage, and Craig James spoke up for the biblical view of sexual morality. Fox dismissed him, but James is suing Fox Sports for religious discrimination.

Gay bullying incident No. 5: A bakery in the Denver area is being sued by a homosexual couple for not baking a cake for a same-sex ceremony. Possible jail time is involved.

Gay/trans bullying incident No. 6: A bar owner in Portland must pay $400,000 to 11 transvestites because of emotional distress following a phone call. He asked that they not return to his bar; customers were complaining and leaving.

Gay/trans bullying incident No. 7: Natalie Johnson of San Antonio was fired from Macy’s in 2011 after she refused to allow a teen male to enter the women’s dressing room. She cited religious faith and concern about the privacy of biological women. Both of these protected classes – sex and religion – are included in virtually every “non-discrimination” policy or law (including Macys’).

Gay bullying incident No. 8: Dr. Frank Turek, Christian author, speaker and radio host, is also a management consultant. He was fired from his consulting contract with Cisco Systems when a homosexual participant in his class took offense after reading one of Turek’s books supporting man/woman marriage. The participant complained to Cisco human resources, and Turek was gone.

Gay bullying incident No. 9: Jim and Beth Walder are Christians who own a bed and breakfast in Paxton, Ill. When they declined renting their facility to a homosexual couple for a civil union, they were sued.

Gay bullying incident No. 10: A Vermont bed and breakfast was sued by a same-sex couple based on the state’s “human rights” ordinance for not hosting their event. The Wildflower Inn eventually agreed to pay $30,000 in settlement fees.

Are you seeing the pattern here? Vindictiveness, intimidation by establishing oppressive legal precedent. In short, this is a campaign of terrorism. The goal is for Christians to bow before homosexual rights, one way or another.

Gay bullying incident No. 11: Ocean Grove Camp Meeting Association in New Jersey declined a lesbian couple’s request to use the venue for their civil union. They sued, won, and a higher New Jersey court upheld the judgment.

Gay bullying incident No. 12: A bed and breakfast in Hawaii turned down a lesbian couple’s reservation, and they sued. The lesbians won based on Hawaii’s housing “non-discrimination” law.

There are numerous other victims as well: Julea Ward, Crystal Dixon, Angela McGaskill, Jennifer Keeton, and Kenneth Howell, all bullied by universities using misapplied discrimination policies; Viki Knox, Jerry Buell, David Parker, Daniel Glowacki, Dakota Ary, Carla Cruzan, victims of school-based intolerance of high moral values; firefighters in San Diego and police officers Columbia, S.C., directed by superiors to march in “gay” pride parades.

And let’s not forget the over 2 million children in the Boy Scouts, at risk beginning Jan. 1 of corruption by proud homosexuals, all because of “non-discrimination.”

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Evidently you don't ,on a basis SO FUNDAMENTAL it EXEEDS known language.

Now you're just being unkind.

I've been very patient, and tried to explain the basics as simply as I can.

Christian Mingle not a church.

California law.

Rationality.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

You seem to be on about a much wider issue than the OP.

I'm sorry you feel like gay people are bullying you.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

P.C. war .
IT'S everywhere...

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. Do you do drug deals on FBI.com? The focus of this is on a segment of society. LEAVE THEM ALONE. Too many people today pushing their, what? Opinion? Belief? .... on others.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta
As a Christian, I agree infolurker.

But I feel it necessary to point out that I don't think Christian Mingle is very Christian.

Not that it matters to the case.

Anyone willing to profit from the inability of Christians, or anyone else for that matter, to meet someone in person, or at church, mind you, makes me question their motives. Christians, or anyone, for that matter, should be encouraged to be social with those who are local. Nothing wrong with chatting, but it seems disingenuous for people to say they're Christian but to not find people in their area.

Though the argument could be that a Christian feels there aren't those serious enough around them, but if that were the case, they wouldn't believe a business could thrive entirely on the remnant, would they?

But, from a business perspective, you're right, and wise.

Props for standing for liberty friend.

What's wrong with finding someone online? It's easier and gives you more options. I met the love of my life on tinder of all places! We were both just on there for fun and to see if we might meet someone we wouldn't have otherwise. and guess what? it worked out! haha. Granted, she is "local," but I wouldn't have met her otherwise. Go ahead and take shots at tinder, it did alright for me!

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
This is ridiculous. Do you do drug deals on FBI.com? The focus of this is on a segment of society. LEAVE THEM ALONE. Too many people today pushing their, what? Opinion? Belief? .... on others.

A gay Christian looking for a date or a potential marriage interest is hardly equivalent to someone doing a "drug deal."

Who's pushing their belief/opinion on others? Christians wanted to use the Christian Mingle site in California ... and now they can.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

And let’s not forget the over 2 million children in the Boy Scouts, at risk beginning Jan. 1 of corruption by proud homosexuals, all because of “non-discrimination.”

What exactly is "corruption by proud homosexuals"? Explain to me how that isn't the statement of an uneducated bigot, please. This should be interesting...

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

A gay Christian looking for a date or a potential marriage interest is hardly equivalent to someone doing a "drug deal."

Didn't say it was. I said it was as ridiculous as making a drug deal on a federal justice server. Let's be real here. This is political BS. Christian gays can meet anywhere. This is a strongarm. I support LGBT rights but I get my ass in the air when people start to get ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Wow do you need a hug and a tissue?.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

I need a rum and coke.
LOTS of it.
You gonna JOUST a Klingon?
edit on 5-7-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Didn't say it was. I said it was as ridiculous as making a drug deal on a federal justice server. Let's be real here. This is political BS. Christian gays can meet anywhere. This is a strongarm. I support LGBT rights but I get my ass in the air when people start to get ridiculous.

LOL, interesting choice of words in context.

I understand your point to some degree. I personally don't see it as a strong-arm tactic. It's not really a matter of whether gay Christians can find a date somewhere else, it's a matter of being able to utilize a publicly offered service that they qualify for in every stated criteria.

We all have our take on things. I respect yours, while I disagree with it in this context.

There's never a right time to discriminate against someone unfairly because of arbitrary qualities.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

I don't know about most of the people here but I DON'T want MY KID to deal with that (IF I was crazy enough to have one)
Their PRIDE at penetrating a traditional body normally devoted to family values I think is what is meant here
If you want YOUR kid to join the Boy Scouts after that GO FOR it.
They are about as trustworthy as the Catholic church with children REGARDLESS if they are pedos or NOT.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join