It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Gay Atheist: Here’s why you should stand with Christian Mingle

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Annee, you do a really good job of informing the mis-informed

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

You fail to understand that there is a difference between "freedom of religion" and treading on other people based on a conviction to your personal belief system, especially when it's one that others may or may not hold.

If you do something rude and inconsiderate based on your religion and then claim persecution when you're confronted about it, you're still an asshole no matter which of the 12,972 gods you claim to be adhering to.

We've finally come to an age where personal superstitions do not give you a warrant to treat other people disrespectfully. You will not see me apologizing for that simply because certain people want to complain about how they've lost the freedom to be an asshole.
edit on 15-7-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
I would agree with you in that case, but if I opened a coffee shop and posted a sign that read, "No Hetero Christians Allowed", I would be on Fox News forever, and protested out the ass.

And rightfully so, because I think that, on the whole, we have definitely evolved as a majority in our society to abhor such bigotry. That's my point, though--let society deal with it at the individual level, instead of government telling us how/when/if we can have freedom of speech or create something and mold it in the views of its creator. If society finds it to be incongruent with how they want their society to be, that creation (businesses, in our examples) fail and the creator loses out pretty big. That's perfect justice, IMO, and doesn't place an undue burden on our legal system and taxpayers in order to deal with all of the lawsuits centered around such anti-discrimination laws.

That said, though, I do think that the government has a duty to have anti-discrimination policies when it comes to government jobs and agencies, but I'm only addressing what I consider to be government overreach into private business and lives of American citizens.

(sorry for the late response--I was on vacation)
edit on 15-7-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

No one should discriminate or want to discriminate. It is sad that the government has to get involved with these issues but for the most part, I would rather have a discrimination free country with extra lawsuits than walk around town with my child and read a "no gays allowed" sign and have to explain ignorance and hate to her and there are bad people, yes, right in walking distance from us.

Let the discrimination come out in lawsuits rather than to peoples faces and on the streets.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

Annee, you do a really good job of informing the mis-informed

Thanks.

I try

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
-- let society deal with it at the individual level, instead of government telling us how/when --

That's Libertarian type thinking.

I think we should put a bunch of Libertarians together on an island and see how "every man for himself" works out.

Even if it did work out, which I doubt - - - there's still everyone else who doesn't think that way.

Log Cabin Republicans: GOP Platform Is the Most Anti-LGBT Ever

The Log Cabin Republicans criticized the platform put forward for the Republican National Convention as the “most anti-LGBT … in the Party’s 162-year history” in a Tuesday email. “Opposition to marriage equality, nonsense about bathrooms, an endorsement of the debunked psychological practice of ‘pray the gay away’ — it’s all in there,” wrote Gregory T. Angelo, president of the nation’s largest gay GOP group, in a message to supporters. www.advocate.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Good...I'm a registered Libertarian, so it all fits.

Your implication, on the other hand, is that you prefer a nanny state, and that you have zero faith that a society can collectively cause a bigoted business to fail.

That's a pretty sad faith in Americans that you have there (I think I've said that to you before, sadly).

What's so bad about banding together with people on a local level and showing that we have each others' backs instead of waiting for Daddy Government to handle it?

And btw, I can't stand the vast majority of GOP stances on social issues, so I'm not sure how that little quote pertains to anything that I have said.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

EVERY Equal Rights law has had to be government forced.

The idealism that it will happen "organically" doesn't hold up.

Christian churches sued the Disability Act that they couldn't afford to accommodate the disabled. They won.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee it's not totaled nonsense, if you cherry pick from the new testament... although there may be evidence of hate for something other than true love... the bible is quite scary, so I bought a pretty pink one for women.
Being raised withought biblical teachings and a catholic father, it is easy to belive what your heart tells you... like the debate as to weather animals can be gay or have a soul.
In my school, it was very slowly being accepted..the same gender relationship union..what not
I thought I was bi and realized I am not really, yet it has nothing to do with hateful Christians...
All I know is that Christ is my judge... and will not be afraid... if he sends me to hell for being human....
Though I don't want to be cut off from the good lords love.
You always make me think and experience emotions, Annee..thank you for being you.

edit on 15-7-2016 by peppycat because: auto correct prpoer spelling

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

What you BELIEVE is not relevant to Equal Rights.

SCOTUS ruled.

You can believe what is right for you. You just can't use that belief to discriminate. (Depending on state and Federal involvement).
edit on 15-7-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

What's troubling to me about Libertarians is they seem to be under the illusion that laws being written and maintained by the government means that the government is bigger/has more control/takes more money/is more corrupt. Not the case.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Anneeevery church is different, and they have right to what is comfortable..they can all stay in the closet.🎁 unless they are truly straight and hateful...strange world, glad you are on top of the laws.
Thank you.

edit on 15-7-2016 by peppycat because: trying to stay on topic...?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: Anneeevery church is different, and they have right to what is comfortable..they can all stay in the closet.🎁 unless they are truly straight and hateful...strange world, glad you are on top of the laws.
Thank you.

Yes. Church itself can discriminate. Organizations and businesses connected to the church depends. Some receive Federal funding. Some are for profit.

Churches fighting against the Disability Act was about money. They claimed they could not afford the changes.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Im sorry ,could you elaborate on your question ,get to the point..?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

IF they are to espouse their faith I DO indeed and HERE'S the rub ,THEY may be who they wish so long as they aren't the only choices .
AND THAT is because they advertised as members of that faith.
If OTHERS of that faith are to remain attracted to said business or organization,they may do so.
If not the kiss your beloved NAACP good bye in the counterattack when Obama leaves,they have supported Panthers and thus a McCarthyesque tribunal could EASILY burn them for it.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

IF they are to espouse their faith I DO indeed and HERE'S the rub ,THEY may be who they wish so long as they aren't the only choices .
AND THAT is because they advertised as members of that faith.
If OTHERS of that faith are to remain attracted to said business or organization,they may do so.
If not the kiss your beloved NAACP good bye in the counterattack when Obama leaves,they have supported Panthers and thus a McCarthyesque tribunal could EASILY burn them for it.

Not really sure what you're talking about.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Then apparently you are not as agile mentally.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Then apparently you are not as agile mentally.

I suggest you revisit what you wrote and how you wrote it.

I could ASSUME understanding of the gibberish, but I'm not going to.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

AS LONG AS OTHER CHOICES ARE AVAILABLE, THEY CAN GO TO THOSE and leave those of faith ALONE.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

The site is for Christian singles, correct?

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join