It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Gay Atheist: Here’s why you should stand with Christian Mingle

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Heck, expanding on this thought above.

This opens up a whole new area of corporate espionage and warfare too.

You have a competitor who is shaving off your business? Do they serve the same or overlapping niche market as you in California? No problem! Just find someone who will file a grievance lawsuit on them and either force them to expand their market and great expense and possibly to their detriment or keep them tied up in court and damage their reputation.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

They are christian...
Heck I thought you all hated christian persecution....
Oh that's right as long as they are gay christians that's ok....

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Another thing If the site allows christian divorcees, christian people who wear two types of cloth or christians who eat shellfish they must allow gay christians seeing that it is the old testament that says things about gays.
Why do you cherry pick the old testament when all christians tell me it us the new testament they follow.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

One would expect the aim of any such site to be toward finding a marriage match.

Even most gay Christians understand the tenants of a marriage under Christian doctrine and shouldn't expect a Christian site to match them in that way because it is theologically impossible. And to expect a Christian site to match them up for hookups would also be against Christian tenants as much as it would be for straights.

However, since I have never had any dealings with ChristianMingle, I don't know for sure what their site does.
edit on 5-7-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

Another thing If the site allows christian divorcees, christian people who wear two types of cloth or christians who eat shellfish they must allow gay christians seeing that it is the old testament that says things about gays.
Why do you cherry pick the old testament when all christians tell me it us the new testament they follow.

Jesus defined marriage quite clearly in his teachings about divorce. He reinforced it as between a man and a woman.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
What's sad is the FACT we have a dating site called Christian Mingle to start with. I guess all them Christians can't find a suitable date in CHURCH. Don't agree with the ruling, don't agree with Christian Mingle...actually I don't agree with dating sites of any kind............Most are just a nice registry of the "Who's Who of mental health problems. Go outside, meet a person in person, talk, eat, do it over & over it's called life go live it.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
What you are calling "forced upon" to Christians is actually just LGBT community practicing their rights. If a Christian website wants to be in business, then they need to respect the rights of all Americans. Nothing is being forced, nothing but...you can no longer discriminate. And it is sad that has to be forced. If a so called "christian" has an issue with this, then they are actually not very Christian at all.

Before I comment further, is it safe to say that everyone here is smart enough to know that "being gay" is not a religion therefore it cannot ever in anyway shape or form be "forced" onto christians?

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: thinline

"Does anyone else find its funny that people who say the are for equality really aren't. They just want whatever group they associate with to get more of the pie."

I starred you for that comment bc I was sure you were talking about "christians", then I saw the rest of your post and realized that you don't know WTF you're talking about.

We all get the same rights, we all get the same amount of pie. THe only ones fighting for more are the ones who want to discriminate and take others "pie" away from them. It is usually the so-called "christians" who are fighting to take away rights and then hide behind the bible to justify themselves, its quite funny and sad. And they are so easy to spot.

edit on 5-7-2016 by veracity because: add more

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
are you not aware Homosexuality is a sin in the bible? a reply to: Annee

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

If a bakery is forced to make a cake you should have been forced to do the voice over. You denied a client based on religious discrimination. But it's only wrong when it happens to you, huh?

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Yet you ignore the OP saying he turned down a paying client based on their religious affiliation. So, discrimination is only cool if it benefits you. Got it.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: FredWreck

Yeah in the old testament with eating shellfish and wearing two types of cloth..
Plus christians on here always say it is the new testament they follow.
Great to cherry pick to excuse bigotry isn't it.
edit on 5-7-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: bender151

well, equal rights are important to most intelligent people. You can do whatever you want, however, just don't discriminate.

(by the way I totally understood the OP's post)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: FredWreck

are you aware that not everyone believes in your interpretation of the bible? Or believes in your god at all?

edit on 5-7-2016 by veracity because: was a little harsh

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I think I found a perfect analogy for this case.

It's like someone walking into a Mexican restaurant, ordering spaghetti then trying to sue the Mexican restaurant for not serving italian food.

STUPID!

What? That doesn't even make sense.

We're talking Christians. Only Christians.

We're not talking about Jews signing up for Christian singles.

But you don't get it.

The point of this lawsuit opens up exactly that!

I get it just fine. You don't.

The service is exclusive for Christians.

The discrimination is excluding Christians because they are LGBT.

No one is being forced to sell something else.

A vegan store is not going to be forced to sell a product they don't offer. However, if they refuse to sell a regular product to a Vegan LGBT person, just because they are LGBT, that is discrimination.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Well, gee, I'm a straight Christian. Is the time coming when a lesbian is going to walk up to me and proposition me and when I say no, she is going to sue me for being discriminatory?

After all, if she were a man, I might have entertained the notion being straight and all.

I mean seriously. That's how stupid this is getting. What's really going on is gays hate Christians and can't stand that Christianity doesn't approve of their lifestyle.
edit on 5-7-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

NO, having a public business is different from what you do in the bedroom.

But you knew this, right?

unless you're a hooker? but I don't peg you as one.

edit on 5-7-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredWreck
are you not aware Homosexuality is a sin in the bible? a reply to: Annee

In the Old Testament?

Here's your Leviticus letter to Dr Laura.

commonsenseatheism.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Even gay christians?.
My bet is you don't see them as christian

Do you?.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

One would expect the aim of any such site to be toward finding a marriage match.

Even most gay Christians understand the tenants of a marriage under Christian doctrine and shouldn't expect a Christian site to match them in that way because it is theologically impossible. And to expect a Christian site to match them up for hookups would also be against Christian tenants as much as it would be for straights.

Which flavor of Christian doctrine? The Episcopal Church of the USA established the blessing of same-sex unions in 2015.

2015. As the Episcopal News Service reported on the 2015 Seventy-eighth General Convention, “in the wake of the June 26 U.S. Supreme Court ruling legalizing same-sex marriage for all Americans, General Convention followed suit on July 1 with canonical and liturgical changes to provide marriage equality for Episcopalians.” A canonical change eliminated “language defining marriage as between a man and a woman” and “two new marriage rites with language allowing them to be used by same-sex or opposite-sex couples.”

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join