It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Gay Atheist: Here’s why you should stand with Christian Mingle

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

No.
I don't think guys can see my profile.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

but all members can only see the profile of those of the opposite sex..
seems to be exactly the same to me...

you getting much email from the site?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

If he registered as a gay male and guys cannot see his profile...then he is not getting the same service.

He cannot reach the other gay Christian men. He is only getting the service of the straights.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

he is getting exactly the same service. that service just isn't adequate for his needs.

if someone is advertising a maid service, and I try to hire them to move all my furniture out of my living room and shampoo my carpet, but she's an elderly lady that isn't able to... is she denying me her service, or it more that my request is outside of the services she is offering and she isn't equipped to do.

if I go to a graphics designer wanting them break down an image for screen printing but he isn't knowledgeable in how to do a four color screen printing process... should he deny me, or just wing and let me find out he didn't know how after I burned the screens and made a few prints?

and regardless of what some state legislatures in several states claim, I can't expect a dentist to provide me with a pap smear.

well in this case, they aren't equipped to provide the service he desires, so for the next year or two or till he cancels his membership, he is stuck living with the service they provide and they have the right of sending him emails for whatever reasons. the internet is filled with gimmicks like this, promising services but once you give them your email and sign in, you find that there are catches, where they advertise free. once in you find out that all the services that have any value really cost money, or that the service is rather crap anyways.. but, they have your email and they are hoping you won't backtrack and cancel your membership. personally, I would rather they are just up front and exact in what they are offering.

should they be providing their services in a manner that would be useful to him? ya, I think they should be.
I can't say for sure that it was deliberate discrimination on their part though... I mean, how many people on this thread alone have said that homosexuals can't be christian. more than likely, it's more a crime of ignorance on the site's part.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

No.
I don't think guys can see my profile.

If you want guys to see your Profile i can help you accomplish that.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Why not start a website called Christian Weenies Only?

Sh't for bricks...

Would that help?

You may get what you're looking for much faster.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

They are discriminating, but they are working on making their website available to everyone so that is good.

It shouldn't take 2 years, but at least they are working towards that.

Your comparison stories do not make sense

edit on 7-7-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: secretboss

a reply to: secretboss

Why is it bigotry? is the Christian businesses in the wrong for refusing whatever service to the gay folk? YES.

It would be "bigotry" if christians owned all dating sites and bakeries and refused service to gay people. Since thats not the case its obvious that gays are deliberately targeting christian businesses because they know the government has their back.

Stop playing the "we are being oppressed" card. Its all worn out now.

Yes that's it you got it. But nobody cares because, They only think in ONE COLOUR .. Rainbow.
edit on 7/7/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

originally posted by: secretboss

a reply to: secretboss

Why is it bigotry? is the Christian businesses in the wrong for refusing whatever service to the gay folk? YES.

It would be "bigotry" if christians owned all dating sites and bakeries and refused service to gay people. Since thats not the case its obvious that gays are deliberately targeting christian businesses because they know the government has their back.

Stop playing the "we are being oppressed" card. Its all worn out now.

Yes that's it you got it. But nobody cares because, They only think in ONE COLOUR .. The Rainbow Flag.

OR...Equal rights are important to most intelligent people, maybe that's why they are "targeting" bigots.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

No no no! You've missed the whole damn thread.

What is it with you lot, you don't listen to anyone you just toss sh't all over the place and lalala in everyones ears.

That's not the freaking problem, the problem is there is One Group who is forcing another Group to Cater to them.

This is Wrong on so many levels. Why can't you see that? You see it when it affects You and Your Wants, but when it affects another Group of Human Beings you scream and b*tch about your rights.

Get your own Group and leave the other groups alone, End of Problem.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

lofl, your posts say more about you than "my group"

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: awareness10

lofl, your posts say more about you than "my group"

And what is your Group, Anonymous retards inc.?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

not all people who create websites know how to create one using joomla...
many maids will refuse some types of maid service.
many home companions will refuse some patients.
because for some reason, they are unable or not equipped to do it.
should we force the home companion who feels they don't have the particular knowledge to provide more complex care to an ill patient, or isn't strong enough to lift the paralyzed patient from their bed?
should we force all home companions to obtain the knowledge so that they can provide any care that might be needed? should we require them to be able to lift over 200lbs? or can we accept that people have limitations and might not be suitable to fill you particular needs.

but the real kick in that pants in all this is that one in seven hospital beds (or something like that) is in hospitals that are controlled by catholic doctrines. they don't have to advertise as such, they don't have provide you with a list of services they will refuse to do. and they have doctors who are willing to do these services if necessary... matter of fact, they would prefer to do them. so you can be a women, a cancer patient, with a doctor who feels the best course of action is to have a c-section and a tubal litigation together to avoid future pregnancies... or you can be in the process of miscarrying a baby, in severe pain, being taken to the hospitals in an ambulance with the people attending to you can smell the infection and know that the proper treatment is terminating the pregnancy. and they can deny you their services... risking you life in the process! and the courts will give them every right to do this.

if a website doesn't offer you a service as you seem to think it should, you don't even have to get out of a chair to solve the problem. all you have to do is enter a few words into a search engine and find a site that does! you don't even have to leave your home to find the service you wish. and the courts seem to think this is so outrageous...
while these women are being denied medical care they need, sometimes with the only alternative being over 100 miles away. and that is all hunky dory with our legal system...
some how, some time in the near future, we have to get our priorities straight!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

You're stretching it a bit there. ChristianMingle as a part of Spark networks has every capability to fix their website to include gay Christians. To say they don't is being a bit disingenuous. We all know the reason why they weren't including gays wasn't because they didn't know how to set their website up to do it. Come on now....

The hospitals issue is important and should be addressed, but we should be able to handle both issues at the same time.
edit on 7-7-2016 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

You're stretching it a bit there. ChristianMingle as a part of Spark networks has every capability to fix their website to include gay Christians. To say they don't is being a bit disingenuous. We all know the reason why they weren't including gays wasn't because they didn't know how to set their website up to do it. Come on now....

The hospitals issue is important and should be addressed, but we should be able to handle both issues at the same time.

The Unruh Act was 1959. Christian Mingle was launched in 2001. (42 year difference)

That means California's anti-discrimination law was on the books for 42 years already. CA takes anti-discrimination/discrimination very seriously.

The Unruh Act is kind of a "Living Act" that leaves open a wide birth for new and future situations. It has few limitations.

edit on 7-7-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

if a website doesn't offer you a service as you seem to think it should, you don't even have to get out of a chair to solve the problem. all you have to do is enter a few words into a search engine and find a site that does! you don't even have to leave your home to find the service you wish. and the courts seem to think this is so outrageous...

Christian Mingle is the most popular Christian website and less expensive then others.

"2nd class citizens must go elsewhere to use an inferior product that costs more.

Can't imagine why courts agree with an anti-discrimination law that's been on the books for 42 years prior to the launch of Christian Mingle.

while these women are being denied medical care they need, sometimes with the only alternative being over 100 miles away. and that is all hunky dory with our legal system...some how, some time in the near future, we have to get our priorities straight!

Same people trying to stop gays from being Christians.

edit on 7-7-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

And we are being led to believe that "traditions are not being systematically destroyed". I wonder if California will do the same to other religious dating sites... My guess is they won't.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

My guess is that if someone feels discriminated against with the other religious dating sites and sues, then they will.

the same rules (laws) apply to everyone

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

No they don't, and they shouldn't...

The opinions and views of one group of people shouldn't be imposed on everyone else. People should be allowed to follow their traditions and not being sued for them.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Well, they do, we have no control over the law of the land.

Sorry this makes you so upset and miserable.

You can still be hateful in your own home tho. (I would still be careful not to be too loud)

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join