It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Gay Atheist: Here’s why you should stand with Christian Mingle

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
From several dozen pages backwards, to Now, and this is still being debated.

edit on 7/6/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnnyjoe1979

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: veracity

yes, but I've also seen it explained on these forums quite often that they would have to make a cake that is close to being the same as the ones they sell to straight couples. the same products in other words... they don't have to change their product to suit the homosexual couple by ordering special decorations for the cakes.

Christian Mingle is not changing their product, they are correcting it to meet state law against discrimination.

Isn't the point about Christian Mingle having to offer another service, . . .

They are not offering another service. It is the same service. They are correcting to include ALL Christians.

Unruh Act - - - - - - 1959
Sparks Network - - - 1997.

All Equal Rights Acts/Laws had to be forced.

edit on 6-7-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

yes, but I've also seen it explained on these forums quite often that they would have to make a cake that is close to being the same as the ones they sell to straight couples. the same products in other words... they don't have to change their product to suit the homosexual couple by ordering special decorations for the cakes.

Christian Mingle is not changing their product, they are correcting it to meet state law against discrimination.

Isn't the point about Christian Mingle having to offer another service, which is already abundantly available on the internet? In other words, the government forcing citizens to offer services they never chose to. Because the website should now also make a JewMingle, MuslimMingle, HinduMingle, AmericanMingle, HispanicMingle etc. any group I believe feels left out. Sure they can make another website, how difficult is that? But so can those who are sueing just go to a different website which does offer services they require.

I've yet to see an a-sexual mingle or i feel like a giraffe today mingle, or perhaps .. oh nm the whole thing is just getting more and more twisted.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

Isn't the point about Christian Mingle having to offer another service, which is already abundantly available on the internet? In other words, the government forcing citizens to offer services they never chose to. Because the website should now also make a JewMingle, MuslimMingle, HinduMingle, AmericanMingle, HispanicMingle etc. any group I believe feels left out. Sure they can make another website, how difficult is that? But so can those who are sueing just go to a different website which does offer services they require.

I've yet to see an a-sexual mingle or i feel like a giraffe today mingle, or perhaps .. oh nm the whole thing is just getting more and more twisted.

I guess if the giraffe was a single Christian.

Let's not bring animals into this.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
They're not though Annee, in their push to include everyone they're actually discluding others from having their own space.

These people don't want to get along with others, they want to go into the house, and trash it, claim it and ruin it for those already enjoying the party.

Let them make their own party.

End of Problem.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

From several dozen pages backwards, to Now, and this is still being debated.

Its not exactly being debated.

Its more about those who refuse to accept anti-discrimination laws.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

That's just weird lol. Don't forget to include all the other 1billion and 57 groups, it wouldn't be fair you know.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

No not really, there are those of us here who have already stated many many many pages back that the entire thing is being PUSHED onto a group because?

Can't Adults have their own Group now without someone crying about it?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

They're not though Annee, in their push to include everyone they're actually discluding others from having their own space.

These people don't want to get along with others, they want to go into the house, and trash it, claim it and ruin it for those already enjoying the party.

Let them make their own party.

End of Problem.

That's some serious discrimination.

LGBT are now destructive?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

That's just weird lol. Don't forget to include all the other 1billion and 57 groups, it wouldn't be fair you know.

I'm gonna stick to the subject.

Christians. ALL Christians.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

if it was the same service, they wouldn't have to change the programming of their site, would they??

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Not all are created the same, everyones different Annee. Everyone wants to do their own thing, why is that so tough to understand?

On that note, I'm going to watch the Hunky guy in Outlander, love that show!

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

a reply to: blueman12

but not all christians believe it's a sin? maybe the website should be forced to specify the denomination, or define what they mean by "christian"?

What group of christians believe homosexuality is not a sin, or is acceptable in the eyes of God?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Not all are created the same, everyones different Annee. Everyone wants to do their own thing, why is that so tough to understand?

On that note, I'm going to watch the Hunky guy in Outlander, love that show!

Every Civil Rights Act had to be Forced.

I do not accept the Libertarian stance of let people take care of themselves and it will all work out - - - because it doesn't.

That's Fantasyland.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Why should business' be forced to serve everyone without constraint?

This is a business that specifically caters to christians. Why do they have to serve everybody? Putting the law aside, what moral reasoning is there for this?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Why should business' be forced to serve everyone without constraint?

This is a business that specifically caters to christians. Why do they have to serve everybody? Putting the law aside, what moral reasoning is there for this?

ALL Christians.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

but not all christians believe it's a sin? maybe the website should be forced to specify the denomination, or define what they mean by "christian"?

What group of christians believe homosexuality is not a sin, or is acceptable in the eyes of God?

Last statistics I read stated majority of Christians accept LGBT Christians.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
from their terms of service:

DISCLAIMERS: WE PROVIDE THE SERVICE ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND GRANT NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, IN ANY COMMUNICATION WITH OUR REPRESENTATIVES, OR US OR OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE. WE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. FURTHER, WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED, ALWAYS AVAILABLE OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT ANY DEFECTS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED. WE DISCLAIM LIABILITY FOR, AND NO WARRANTY IS MADE WITH RESPECT TO, CONNECTIVITY AND AVAILABILITY.

actually, their terms are annoying on many levels. I wouldn't agree to them. but, they are much like the terms on many websites, accepting no responsibility whatsoever and expecting the user to accept the site as is.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Are homosexuals legitmate christians? Why not just call myself a jewish neo-nazi?

I don't see how one can be homosexual and be a christian.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

the Episcopal Church..

www.episcopalchurch.org...

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join