It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Gay Atheist: Here’s why you should stand with Christian Mingle

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: snarfbot

Find me a Jewish or Muslim website that is discriminating?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: snarfbot
lol just lol at this. nobody will ever go after a jewish or muslim website. but its okay to ridicule and persecute christians. liberals of peace.

Persecuting Christians?

Does anyone besides me get tired of this nonsense?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

the site is designed to link christian males to christian female partners or vice versa.
this is what the site offers...
the gays can use this site just like any other person, to search for partners of the opposite sex in ths manner which it's designed to do.

it's not designed for same sex searches, just like a bakery might not be equipped to decorate a wedding cake with two male or two female figurines if they haven't ordered those types of figurines.

and the courts have not changed the fact that the site is still not equipped for same sex matches, so now, instead of the gay community being blocked from the site that isn't designed for their needs, they are allowed to become members, even though it will not serve them. and in exchange, their inboxes will be filled with more garbage from yet another site...
and, maybe, in a year or two, they will be able to actually get some benefit from the site, if they haven't gotten totally irked by all the useless messages that have been sent and written the site off.

okay, you happy now?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Okay, I can see you do not understand, sorry, I hope you seek and find help.

link   

Okay, I can see you do not understand, sorry, I hope you seek and find help.

link   
How hard is it to add an option from the search drop down to search for a man as a man? Or search for a woman as a woman?

Dude.

That's literally all they need to do in order to satisfy everyone.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Personally, I would think that you're a bigoted, racist POS, and I would avoid your restaurant and advise every single person with whom I came into contact to do the same.

But that said, I think that you have the right to open up that kettle of worms and reap whatever justice (of the non-judicial variety) were to come your way.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
How hard is it to add an option from the search drop down to search for a man as a man? Or search for a woman as a woman?

Dude.

That's literally all they need to do in order to satisfy everyone.

True.

I have coded a simple website.

Not my thing, but not difficult for someone who does it for a living.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

it's probably a little more difficult than the baker adding a few figurines of two men or two women together, but I am told that they can't be forced to alter their inventory to accommodate the gays like this...

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey
It IS illegal to put a sign like that out...

Lofl, if I really thought that way...you would be correct, I would be a racist bigot, however Tis you who wants to discriminate...against gays...Tis you the bigot, lofl

edit on 6-7-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: snarfbot
lol just lol at this. nobody will ever go after a jewish or muslim website. but its okay to ridicule and persecute christians. liberals of peace.

Persecuting Christians?

Does anyone besides me get tired of this nonsense?

I'm sick and tired of the old "persecuted gays" nonsense that I keep hearing about. And I'm not even christian.

Given how the system keeps pandering to gays these days, the very idea that they are persecuted is laughable.

edit on 6-7-2016 by secretboss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: secretboss

they did not have equal rights, they could not marry...you think that is fair?

also there are bakers who refuse to bake a cake for gays, they have in the past have been discriminated against and we are in the light of gay rights, its wonderful, sorry it is making you miserable.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Yes, that's why I got ordained specifically in order to perform the wedding of my lesbian friends this Friday, and then they're having me and my family come with them on vacation to Myrtle Beach as a thank you for being such good friends.

Yes, I'm a terrible human being, especially to those LGBT folks.

The difference between you and I is that I prefer freedom for everyone, even if it comes with negative consequences sometimes. You appear to just simply like to have to government dictate who can and cannot do something because a couple of guys might get their feelings hurt. I have had more intelligent conversations with my gay neighbors about issues like this, and 90% of the time, they agree with me. Hell, their logic is to tell people and businesses who discriminate against LGBT to f**k off, and they protest with their wallets--and generally, I protest with them (even being that horrible, discriminatory guy that I am against those gay people). That's how grown-ups do things, instead of crying to the government to fix it.

I'll never understand your way of thinking, but it's your right to think that way, so have fun with it.

For the last time...Best Regards. I'm done with your ignorant assumptions of me and your immature interpretations of my stance on this issue.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
. . . just like a bakery might not be equipped to decorate a wedding cake with two male or two female figurines if they haven't ordered those types of figurines . . .

Again with the cake.

The bakery is only required to provide the same service to all customers equally.

They are not required to buy "special" decorations.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Its sad that the government has to become involved to protect its citizens against discrimination...I agree with that.

However, I would rather have the gov't interfere in this case instead of having to explain to my child why she sees a "NO BLACKS ALLOWED" sign outside of a restaurant. Or a "NO GAYS ALLOWED" sign outside of a bakery.

I am happy with these laws, it would be much worse without them. There are some sick evil people out there, and on this message board.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I hope you seek and find help.

for what?? thinking that $450 thousand dollars is a rather large price for a small website owner to pay because he didn't keep his website updated to the times, or for some other reason, made some stupid mistake?

for worrying that if they take those laws too far, they could do some harm to the internet and free flow of information, since so much of it is geared towards niche audiences?

I'm not gay but I do usually side with the gay community when it comes to their rights. but I kind of see this much like I see those bakers who neglect to stock little cake decorations that are designed for homosexual weddings. they should bake a cake for a gay wedding, but they shouldn't have to change their inventory policies and offer something that doesn't currently exist in their stock. They can't deny me the services or products they offer, but what if the service or product desired just isn't offered?

membership sites like Christian Mingle is offering use of an electronic set of programs that they designed. it's their creation, fit to meet a particular need... to match christian people with those of the opposite sex for dating. that is the service that they are offering.
if they want to address how some of these websites don't fully provide the services they advertise, there are plenty that are failing far more than christian mingle. the consumer is usually left to either accept what is offered, or go search elsewhere for something more to their liking. and if the consumer is lucky, the might be provided with a way to get off their danged mailing lists when they do decide to move on. at least with christian mingle, it was quite evident from the start that it wouldn't suit everyone's needs.

if they want to address religious rights and discrimination, I've given a great one for them to spend time on with the catholic hospitals...but they won't. and to put it frankly even the name "Christian Mingle" is discriminatory.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

I am happy with these laws, it would be much worse without them. There are some sick evil people out there, and on this message board.

I am happy with these laws too.

The Libertarian ideals that everyone's just gonna be responsible for themselves is Fantasyland.

All the Equal Rights laws/acts had to be forced.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

You cannot support gay rights and at the same time support bakeries who do not serve gays (even if they don't have enough figurines).

You seem like you mean well but you also seem very confused.

edit on 6-7-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

so you are saying that it would be okay if christian mingle just allowed a way for the gay community to join their site, and keep their services the same? and then all would be grand?? I highly doubt that. and like I said, at least it's obvious that their services might not be suitable for some.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

i dont understand why gay people are using a christian dating site. or why christians are making dating sites. seems like the whole thing is a fustercluck of contradictions and ironies. there has to be an amazingly offensive joke in there somewhere. cant wait until someone happens across a gay muslim looking for a transgender mormon. way to bring the people together.

edit on 6-7-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join