It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Gay Atheist: Here’s why you should stand with Christian Mingle

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

would christian mingle allow a profile from someone who was looking for a date to the annual summer solstice ceremony though? what about a bunch of similar profiles? how many profiles would it take to make christian mingle not so christian anymore?
the site was discriminatory to begin with... and more than likely would take action if a large number of non-christians began making profiles on it expressing non-christian views.

the success of their site is due in part to the fact that they are discriminatory, since everyone who visits it looking for a partner is hoping that they will find a partner that is christian and think that it will be easier to find one on this site.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I think the message is "do not discriminate". If you want to be inventive and open up a website... I would consult with a Lawyer first...I would have done that even before equal rights had to be forced.

It is not that expensive to get it right the first time...$250-$300?

compared to $450,000...consult with a Lawyer first before making your website live... just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

the success of their site is due in part to the fact that they are discriminatory, since everyone who visits it looking for a partner is hoping that they will find a partner that is christian and think that it will be easier to find one on this site.

An what of that mission statement requires the exclusion of homosexuals?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

There are Christian gays as well, this website should have included them.

If a "christian" is offended by that...then that is their problem.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
IMHO I think forcing christian mingle to accomodate gays is a great way to get Christians to be more accepting of gays.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer it's too bad for gay children then, my brother who pasted away may not be in heaven then... oh he was a Catholic and we didn't know for sure his orientation.
Maybe he was a fake catholic.?
Thanks for replying to me..now I know the truth.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: secretboss

but if the goal is to get groups to more accepting of other groups that aren't the same then couldn't just as easily be said that forcing christian mingle to accommodate wican priestesses because it's a great way to get christians to be more accepting be just as true? but at some point, if we go down that road, christian mingle would have to change it's name to just mingle.
why wouldn't the site be considered as being discriminatory to begin with, since it's goal is to cater to one particular religion. and, as far as there being christian gays, I'm not denying that. some churches will even officiate wedding ceremonies. but, there's plenty of other christian churches that would deny their christianity. it guess it depends on weather or not the state would uphold the right of a bunch of wiccans, or muslims or other religious group to use this site also. at some point the fact that the site's focus on the christian community has to taken into consideration, and if the courts refused to accept that that value is worth considering, then there's a lot of money to be lost on the internet. and a lot of lawyers willing to and eager to take a piece of the action. after all $450 thousand dollars is a nice sum of money! and the government has no power to decide just what defines a christian and what doesn't, what "beliefs" within that religion is correct and what isn't.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

wiccans, muslims or other religious groups CAN already use this site.

I am an agnostic and I can go on the site and create a profile to meet a nice Christian man if I want to. My Wiccan friend can make a profile if she wants to as well.

However, my gay friend does not have the option.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

but far how can it go before you can no longer assume that the man you will find is christian? at that point, the site would lose some of it's value if it didn't take any action.

edit on 6-7-2016 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredWreck
I don't believe in any myself, but whatever man they are offering a service to who ever the hell they want, why should they have to change that because someone got their feelings hurt. there are millions of sites out there.

Unruh non-discrimination act - - 1959

Spark Networks, Inc - - 1997

edit on 6-7-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

you mean its gaining value? lol

my point is...its not discriminating non Christians, wiccans or muslims, etc.

I have the option, however, I would never use it.

Gay CHristians do not have that option

(starting to feel like a broken record)

For example, lets say there was a majority Gay Pride party downtown, you are not going, but would you feel discriminated?

....NO, bc you could go if you wanted to, you have the option. You are not being discriminated against.

edit on 6-7-2016 by veracity because: added stuff

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

ya just like all those online stores are losing value by specializing specific lines of products.

if people want to find a christian mate, why don't they just to the local wal mart and search for them, or where ever they go and come into contact with people? why use christian mingle, instead of one of the bigger, non-specialized websites that are out there?
because people value their time. it would take you quite a while searching your local wal mart for your perfect mate, a very long time I imagine! and it would take considerably more time to find your perfect christian mate on match.com I imagine unless one of their search options happens to be religion than it would on christian mingle.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

You are missing my point.

An Atheist, Muslim or Wiccan would NOT want to use Christian Mingle...but they have the option to do so as if they ever change their mind.

Gays do not have that option.

ANd yeah, why not meet someone at Wal-Mart?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I personally believe that, yes, you should be able to do that as a private citizen starting up a private company (or website).

And I tend to agree with your assessment of the case--there were/are plenty of other places to go online for meeting gay single Christian men. I personally see this as harassment, but whatever. My opinion doesn't really matter.

And for the record, I embrace the LGBT community. I'm actually the officiant of a lesbian wedding (my good friends and neighbors) this Friday, and I got ordained specifically at their request (I'm Athesit, just like one of them...they didn't want a religious person doing it). I believe in equal rights for ALL, and the pursuit of happiness for ALL, but I don't condone the state and the judicial branch telling non-governmental companies what they can or can't do and to whom they must cater.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Is this thread still going?

I think i stopped at Page 8 late last night.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
a reply to: SlapMonkey

They will do it because it will attract more people to the site...it's a business.

Then, if business is their only motivator, they should have included the LGBT options from the start. Something tells me that traffic isn't their biggest concern. Keep in mind that they never conceded that they did anything wrong in focusing only on heterosexual people.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

So you would be ok If I put a sign out in front of my restaurant "NO BLACKS ALLOWED" ?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

ten hits of the right type of customers can be worth a million of hits from the wrong type of customers.. if the customers will pay more for a quality website that is providing a service such as dating match ups, they will pay more if the company sorts through the riff raft and presents them with the type of dates they are seeking. if religion is important to them, then many would be willing to pay a little more so they don't have to spend time trying to canvas the prospects according to their religion.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

However, as many people already know...a Christian website will attract Christians, just as a gay parade will attract gays.

ARe you reading my posts?

Not allowing gay Christians to be on a Christian only website is discrimination.

I will c&p my example bc it seems as if it is going right over your head or you are just not reading my posts...

For example, lets say there was a majority Gay Pride party downtown, you are not going, but would you feel discriminated?

....NO, bc you could go if you wanted to, you have the option. You are not being discriminated against.

Gays did not have that option on the Christian website...that IS discrimination.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
lol just lol at this. nobody will ever go after a jewish or muslim website. but its okay to ridicule and persecute christians. liberals of peace.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join