It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Gay Atheist: Here’s why you should stand with Christian Mingle

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Lol

Question in your opinion can a christian be gay?.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

I don't know about most of the people here but I DON'T want MY KID to deal with that (IF I was crazy enough to have one)
Their PRIDE at penetrating a traditional body normally devoted to family values I think is what is meant here
If you want YOUR kid to join the Boy Scouts after that GO FOR it.
They are about as trustworthy as the Catholic church with children REGARDLESS if they are pedos or NOT.

I rest my case.

Cav, I'm sorry you feel like this. Gay people are not a danger to you, to children, or anyone else.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

Gay bullying incident No. 2

Gay bullying incident No. 3

Gay bullying incident No. 4

Gay bullying incident No. 5

Gay/trans bullying incident No. 6

Gay/trans bullying incident No. 7

Gay bullying incident No. 8

Gay bullying incident No. 9

Gay bullying incident No. 10

Gay bullying incident No. 11

Gay bullying incident No. 12

Yea that's a pretty big list, my word.

Maybe these people should reconsider trying to use their public business license to bully gay people in states where it is strictly illegal.

And let’s not forget the over 2 million children in the Boy Scouts, at risk beginning Jan. 1 of corruption by proud homosexuals, all because of “non-discrimination.”

..................................................................................................

....................................................."at risk of corruption"?

I think you're past the point of corruption yourself from frequenting your neocon echo chamber websites.

You need to take a break.
edit on 6-7-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Annee

How many times has the time-honored (not) concept of "separate but equal" been lauded in this conversation?

Eight, nine? I lost count.

Your mistake is that "separate but equal" makes 100% logical sense to these people. They don't even understand the historical relevance of it, nor understand the implications of what that term means.

I've had people straight up say, "What's wrong with having separate but equal accommodations? Why is that a bad thing? They have theirs, we have ours. Everyone's happy!"

*sigh*

It's like the civil rights movement has been wiped from memory in this country with all the propaganda from conservative think tanks and advocacy groups like the John Birch Society and Americans for Prosperity.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Also I'm a brit so forgive me if wron but isn't it a constitutionAl right to pursue love?.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Im considering jumping into this conversation but I am hesitant because its a VERY nuanced conversation and delicate, also I don't support bigotry towards homosexuals of any kind, but I was a fundamentalist christian and grew up in that environment and know scripture quite well, also, I used to have blow out fights with my father because he disowned my sister when she came out as a lesbian and wouldn't talk to her for a couple years, and I shamed my father for that action and also would not speak to him ( luckily he came around) anyway, im not decided yet as to if I want to move forward though you would be interesting to have this conversation with. What do you think?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Oh god theres plenty of other websites

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Life ,liberty and the pursuit of happyness...sex...NOPE.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

And let’s not forget the over 2 million children in the Boy Scouts, at risk beginning Jan. 1 of corruption by proud homosexuals, all because of “non-discrimination.”

Eagle Scout here.

We had gay scouts themselves in my troop. I had to actually protect one while I was the SLP one summer at camp. He had love notes hidden in his tent and the other kids found them. They were going to beat him to a bloody pulp before I stepped in.

I told those kids that if ANY of them laid so much as a hand on this kid , spoke to him, or looked sideways at him before his parents arrived to pick him up -- they'd have to explain to their own parents why they're in the infirmary.

If anything the BSA did a lot to teach kids about how to spot and report sexual abuse. The BSA had educational videos we had to watch about inappropriate touching and whatnot.

But don't worry, if you are horrified of the possibility of "morally corrpupt and dangerous" homosexual adult leader in a scout troop, you can join Trail Life USA. Created just for people afraid of homosexuals in Boy Scouts! All the awesomeness of scouting without any gay people! ...

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Well, consider that you were raised as a fundamentalist Christian with a very active interest in studying the Bible and being a Good Person ... at least until your hormones kicked in about 12 or 13 or so and you realized that you were "different" in a way that your religion, for the most part, universally condemned at the time. Imagine also that your mind had reached that terminal velocity point where you start to say ... "wait a minute ... that (given religious concept) just doesn't make any sense."

That'd be me in this conversation, so, I'd say, if you're interested in pursuing the nuance of those delicate balances, particularly given that you and I are also fairly vocal atheists, while we seem to have some fairly strong political differences (that I bet we'd find are not that diametrically opposed should we actually review it without the normal ... er ... polite antagonism? (LOL).

At any rate, if you want to jump in ... jump in.

edit on 6-7-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Thanks I'm over children myself.
I don't have family understanding either,we were isolated people as I grew up.
I was ONLY a Weblo and I TOO would be appalled at that as any reasonable leader would be.
The fact that THERE is a spinter group only underlines the outcome of what I said. ANOTHER group may be formed without changing the traditional group for the ONLY reason they do so,Conflict.
MAYBE (as usual) NOT all, but that IS the primary rude thought process.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

You are absolutely correct.

I do make that mistake quite often, along with believing that folks are ultimately interested in facts and logic.

You want to know the real "irony" in a lot of this? I often feel like I have lost "my America" as well ... an America in which we were all striving to emphasize the better aspects of our nature, rather than revelling in the worst ones.

/sigh indeed.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

One could argue that finding love equates happyNess oh and what about my other question do you think people can be gay and christian? .

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Life ,liberty and the pursuit of happyness...sex...NOPE.

Can we at least cuddle? Would that be okay with you?

You're the boss of me, after all. 'Cause of "your freedom".

P.S. Christian mingle is a site for pursuing marriage; not sex.
edit on 6-7-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I dunno. A lot of people pick and choose what parts of a particular religion they want to obey or accept. Most people treat religion as a buffet, accepting and taking the parts they like and casually ignoring or pretending to put others on their plate.

People of every religion worldwide do it. So I say sure, there can be a LGBT Christian, just as there can be a Christian murderer for hire. There can be Amish person who secretly owns a tiny radio or whatever. Those people still consider themselves part of their over-arching religion...

Considering there really isn't *much* in the New Testament that talks specifically to homosexuality ... I think there are about three vague references that may or may not speak to it (depending on the interpretation and translation).

I don't really see why someone can't be gay and claim to be a Christian. We have people who are Christians that do worse things that actually harm and mentally scar other people.

No one singles them out though.

*shrug*

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadFoot

AH but YOU weren't spacific in your query.
NO TOUCHING !
edit on 6-7-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Gonna have to join if it's a sex site.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

a reply to: DeadFoot

AH but YOU weren't spacific in your query.
NO TOUCHING !

Oh ok.

No hands

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: intrepid
This is ridiculous. Do you do drug deals on FBI.com? The focus of this is on a segment of society. LEAVE THEM ALONE. Too many people today pushing their, what? Opinion? Belief? .... on others.

A gay Christian looking for a date or a potential marriage interest is hardly equivalent to someone doing a "drug deal."

Didn't say it was. I said it was as ridiculous as making a drug deal on a federal justice server. Let's be real here. This is political BS. Christian gays can meet anywhere. This is a strongarm. I support LGBT rights but I get my ass in the air when people start to get ridiculous.

LOL, interesting choice of words in context.

I understand your point to some degree. I personally don't see it as a strong-arm tactic. It's not really a matter of whether gay Christians can find a date somewhere else, it's a matter of being able to utilize a publicly offered service that they qualify for in every stated criteria.

We all have our take on things. I respect yours, while I disagree with it in this context.

There's never a right time to discriminate against someone unfairly because of arbitrary qualities.

Sorry. Calling BS on this one. There are MANY avenues for people to find love. That's the Net. Pissing in someone's pool because you can is getting old. Keep it up. You'll lose people that have been supporters forever.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

There's a pretty good line of thought that says that, in the context of the times in which the texts were actually composed, Jesus actually does address the issue of (male at least) homosexuality in a non-negative light:

He healed the "boy" (pais) of the Roman Centurion. There's a contextual suggestion at least in a couple of the gospels that everyone there would have known that the soldier was asking for help for his younger male lover.

He referred quite clearly to "eunuchs that are born that way." This was, according to certain scholars, a fairly universal way in the ancient world to refer to those men that had no "natural interest" in women. The word eunuch literally meant (in Greek) "one who guards the bed" or a man who could be trusted as a household guardian because of a lack of interest (or ability) to corrupt a wife/wives. (Interesting original research here

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join