It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Gay Atheist: Here’s why you should stand with Christian Mingle

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
If you haven't heard, a recent ruling in California now dictates that ChristianMinlge.com must create and host same-sex section. Below is an article by someone with common sense that actually thinks about the consequences.

I am glad some people "get it".

www.patheos.com...

I wonder how many atheists will fight with me when Christians are on the suffering end of that injustice.

Only the comments below will tell.

According to the Wall Street Journal, in a court settlement with a judge’s ruling, ChristianMingle.com must now include same sex relationships on their dating site.

The claim filed by two California men, alleges that since Christian Mingle only offers straight dating options, they are in violation of California’s Unruh Civil Rights Act, which the Wall Street Journal quotes as requiring “business establishments” to offer “full and equal accommodations” to people regardless of their sexual orientation.

For those of us who stand with the LGBT community as proud allies, that sounds wonderful at first.

It smells like equality, but something’s not quite right. There’s more to it, and here’s why you should stand with Christian Mingle.

edit on Tue Jul 5 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

There is bigotry in the bible, that I am staunchly against as an atheist, however, I do not believe this company should be forced to accommodate a group they are not targeting to sell to, it's bull# and it will ultimately drive business away.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I think the ruling is ridiculous personally, if it's a site that is obviously Christian and advertises itself as such, they shouldn't have to go against their Christians morals even if I disagree with said morals.

I may look kind of like a hypocrite because I didn't agree with the people who refused to make gay cakes, but this dating site thing is a different situation entirely in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
If anyone understands why humanity is doing this type of stuff feel free to send me a message explaining.

I can't figure why others seem so intolerant of others beliefs and opinions ( bigots) and want to force themselves and their beliefs upon others, provoke them, corrupt them etc.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Well about bloody time

Now when will they open the gentile section on J-Date?

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

... this dating site thing is a different situation entirely in my opinion.

How so?

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
SaveMeBarrymingle.com will never allow RudyTheShav types into it.

Eat me legislation.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

... this dating site thing is a different situation entirely in my opinion.

How so?

Read the article. It fully explains it.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker true love is great and something I believe in! Thanks for the good news! The good church welcomes all! after all I am a Christian too, and LGBQT are... Welcome in any church housing I may attend..to hear the word of the lord!

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
As a Christian, I agree infolurker.

But I feel it necessary to point out that I don't think Christian Mingle is very Christian.

Not that it matters to the case.

Anyone willing to profit from the inability of Christians, or anyone else for that matter, to meet someone in person, or at church, mind you, makes me question their motives. Christians, or anyone, for that matter, should be encouraged to be social with those who are local. Nothing wrong with chatting, but it seems disingenuous for people to say they're Christian but to not find people in their area.

Though the argument could be that a Christian feels there aren't those serious enough around them, but if that were the case, they wouldn't believe a business could thrive entirely on the remnant, would they?

But, from a business perspective, you're right, and wise.

Props for standing for liberty friend.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Bunch of nonsense.

You acknowledge you are LGBT (no matter when that happens) - - - then you're supposed to give up everything you've been raised to believe? As in God?

Ridiculous.

LGBT Christian's are Christians. They should have the same rights as any other Christian.

I don't agree with Smalley at all.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Bunch of nonsense.

You acknowledge you are LGBT (no matter when that happens) - - - then you're supposed to give up everything you've been raised to believe? As in God?

Ridiculous.

LGBT Christian's are Christians. They should have the same rights as any other Christian.

I don't agree with Smalley at all.

Exactly.

Every business owner has a right to offer whatever services they choose.

Find a business that will give you what you want. That's your choice. If it doesn't exist, you just hit the lotto, because you found an untapped niche.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The Unruh Civil Rights Act 1959, is one of the oldest (if not oldest) anti-discrimination acts in America.

CA takes LGBT equality very seriously.

We should punish LGBT individuals because they choose to keep their faith in spite of the adversity?

Not in my world.

Christian singles should mean Christian singles. PERIOD!

Good call judge.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Here is where my problem lies, my wife and I were very active in the "Life Style" for a few years, and a lot of those folks bragged about teaching Sunday school, but I know what they were doing Saturday night.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
Here is where my problem lies, my wife and I were very active in the "Life Style" for a few years, and a lot of those folks bragged about teaching Sunday school, but I know what they were doing Saturday night.

Don't judge the author of the book by the people who claim to live it.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Ah, yes. Harper Valley PTA for sure.

I'm atheist now, but I did grow up in a Christian church.

LGBT Christians probably take it more seriously then the anti-LGBT Christians.
edit on 4-7-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

So you think the kosher Deli should stock bacon for non-kosher Jews?

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

The Unruh Civil Rights Act 1959, is one of the oldest (if not oldest) anti-discrimination acts in America.

We should punish LGBT individuals because they choose to keep their faith in spite of the adversity?

Not in my world.

Good call judge.

It's a good thing this isn't your world.

Christian singles should meet Christian singles. Period. But if someone chooses not to allow it through their channels, that is their right.

Bad judge, naughty judge; Judge that doesn't understand how God works at all.

You're not giving liberty in this case, you destroying it.

Where liberty is destroyed, the freedom to grow is hindered.

That is up to the site makers, not the judge.

The site makers now have the freedom to start a venture wherein they don't have to offer any of those services.

Way to destroy someone's liberty in favor of your own, though.

In your favor, all they probably care about is money anyway.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Ah, yes. Harper Valley PTA for sure.

I'm atheist now, but I did grow up in a Christian church.

LGBT Christians probably take it more seriously then the anti-LGBT Christians.

Your word "probably" there shows how much you understand the human heart.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

Not in my world.

Good call judge.

Christian singles should meet Christian singles. Period. But if someone chooses not to allow it through their channels, that is their right.

You're not giving liberty in this case, you destroying it.

Bull#.

You offer Christian singles. You offer it to all Christian singles.

You don't like it. Shut your doors.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join