It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let’s remember the time Donald Trump cashed a 13¢ check sent to him as a prank

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

"our money"? That 13cents was Trump's money. Who knows what he would do with "our money". Wait, he has a history of asking for govt hand outs.

From 2011
Trump has thrived with government's generosity

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

The Millionaires I have met personally follow the pattern of the book "The Millionaire Next Door". They don't have flashy cars, homes or clothes. You wouldn't be able to tell they were rich. They would still cut coupons and cash checks like that. Being frugal and in charge of your finances is how they got to be millionaires. Trump supposedly still writes the checks for the various projects he's involved in. If you don't watch your money like that, it has a tendency to slip from your fingers. You say it like it's a negative, when it's a common trait of self made richer people.
edit on 9-7-2016 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

The Millionaires I have met personally follow the pattern of the book "The Millionaire Next Door". They don't have flashy cars, homes or clothes. You wouldn't be able to tell they were rich.

On the other hand, Trump has a "fleet" of jets and helicopters and splashes his name on everything in sight.

They would still cut coupons and cash checks like that. Being frugal and in charge of your finances is how they got to be millionaires. Trump supposedly still writes the checks for the various projects he's involved in. If you don't watch your money like that, it has a tendency to slip from your fingers. You say it like it's a negative, when it's a common trait of self made richer people.

So... you are saying that Trump did personally deposit the check? Interesting.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Idk, but I've seen very penny pitching behavior from the very wealthy people I have personally met. One had a padded toilet seat held together with duct tape, even though they had over $900,000 in the one brokerage acct I saw. I know they had more accounts than that too. Rich people, at least the ones I have met, do things that you wouldn't expect at that wealth level. Clipping Coupons, doing the small rebate checks for things ect.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join