It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m A Millennial And My Generation Sucks

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
Least we have a name...always thought it was still a part of the millennials. Some sources say millennials are from the 80s to early 2000s.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: misterhistory

I have worked with many millennials, and I like the no nonsense approach some of the (unpaid) interns we have had. They call the idiot managers on their crap. While most of us worker drones continue to just take it, they treat the businesses the way they have seen them treat their parents and relatives.

Imagine seeing your parents work at a successful company and having no raises, benefits cut, hours increased (salaried) with no $ increases, and being treated like a disposable commodity. I would think this would have a huge impact on millennials view of corporate America. I think a little bit of everyone could tell the whole system to go to hell, and some, not all, of the millennials do. I think it's high time businesses hear it and adjust how workers are treated.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
When I got out of the military I was a conservative right winger....won't get fooled again!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: imod02

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: imod02

I remember it that way too.
In my 20's I was actually a Liberal. I don't know if Liberals changed, I changed...or we both changed.

All things change and stay the same

I think with leaving school, getting a job, getting married and starting a family...my political leanings changed.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Current generations have acess to truth....yes they must still walk through a world which is like a minefield full of lies and deceptions....BUT....at least for them the truth is available if you work to find it.

Imagine growing up in a world with no internet and no acess to TRUTHS.......all we had were libraries full of books designed as propoganda by TPTB......the Peer approval and Publishing Industries have been owned by TPTB since the dawn of time......so every generation prior was INTENTIONALLY BLINDFOLDED AND HANDCUFFED.

The Millenials have a LOT OF WORK TO DO TRUTHING and CORRECTING the graft and deciet forced upon all of Humanity,methinks they dont have much time for self-inflection of this degree.

Listen kiddo......go spread the new truths about Teslas suppressions and then make it your mission to CORRECT THE WRONG DONE TO US ALL......we EQUIPPED YOUR GENERATION FOR BATTLE.....WE TRAINED YOU AND WE SUPPLIED YOU WITH THE TECHNOLOGY....now you have jobs to do..........dig deep and expose the Titanic Insurance fraud then track every penny made and follow the money as it grew exponentially and THEN ONCE YOU HAVE YOUR TEMPLATE ...TAKE EVERY RED CENT BACK FROM THOSE WHO HAVE BENEFITTED AND DO IT IN THE NAME OF HUMANITY.Discover who Dr.Hulda Clark was......and spread her work and discover who suppressed her and her work and why and make them PAY FOR IT.....look up Wilbert Smith and learn about him and how and why he was suppressed......look up HRC and find the Waco/Secret Svice connections......Research WCB in ALL COUNTRIES and STOP THEIR GRAFT.Investigate Big Pharma and learn what baking soda does,learn that cancer might be a mould......Learn about Keshe and his energy discoveries....research Searl and his ideas....learn about the Hutchison effect and what it means to Humanity.Learn about monsanto and any companies trying to corner the global food market via GMOing plants so we cannot get them to reproduce seeds normally and are trapped into depending on them or worst case scenario they GMO plants to remove the benefits and then spread these eunich plants around .Learn about fiat money and how Insurance Companies worldwide are used as laundering entities.....like the Titanic and the Twin Towers...MAKE THE CONNECTIONS...and in the nme of HUMANITY TAKE EVERY RED CENT BACK.....JFKs killers are all exposed now so MAKE THEM PAY take back every red cent gained by those who participated......rise above the disempowered generations who were shackled and chained intellectually and who were systemiclly denied truth and a natural unadultered reality.

The path has been surveyed for you...the road has been ploughed......the wayside signs are placed.....now its time to follow the trail broken by those who came before you.

All you have to do is bust these powers that be down to the ground before they can learn new ways to ensnare your current generations.....once the internet is gone or censored this HONEYMOON PERIOD OF FULL UNADULTERED DISCLOSURE will end..........so y'all really dont have time to reflect much IMHO.

The bulk of the bull-work has been done now.....all you kids have to do is realise you have been EMPOWERED then use the gift wisely.
edit on 4-7-2016 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I remember it that way too.
In my 20's I was actually a Liberal. I don't know if Liberals changed, I changed...or we both changed.

All things change and stay the same

I think with leaving school, getting a job, getting married and starting a family...my political leanings changed.

Less saving the world more trying to save today

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
When I got out of the military I was a conservative right winger....won't get fooled again!

www.youtube.com...

Nah...we'll get you back.

...of course, by then...I'll probably be a Liberal again.

edit on 4-7-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all
For TPTB its much easer to control the internet than it was to control books. I would say the young ones have less of a chance to find the truth than us oldies. You can easly change history on the net, its hard to change books.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

a reply to: one4all
For TPTB its much easer to control the internet than it was to control books. I would say the young ones have less of a chance to find the truth than us oldies. You can easly change history on the net, its hard to change books.

True. Fascists used to burn the books...now they just co-opt the MSM and cut deals with Google.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I'm 24, and well if you ask me tptb are all old and I say tptb are alot worse then any other person in my generation. Then again it isn't the age that makes a person "be" a certain way its just that person being themselves.

I've worked in many industries. Spoken to many people of many different age groups and I can say with 100% I've met 30 year olds be as immature as 15 years olds, ive seen 15 year olds be more mature then 50 year olds, I've seen 20 year olds show more respect to others then 60 year olds.

For the person who wrote the the article in the op and any one else who speaks on behalf of my age or any age I got to say to them, Speak for yourself and I'll speak for my self.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

www.youtube.com...

Nah...we'll get you back.

...of course, by then...I'll probably be a Liberal again.

No you won't....saw to many of my brothers in arms killed for the corporate wars of profit and greed.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

As a "millennial" I honestly think people need to take their rose tinted glasses off and stop with the nonsensical "hate" towards a generation of humans. A generation that is more diverse than any before, yet they are all the same apparantly.

From what I've seen in real life and not social media... In the council estates... People of this weak generation are stronger and weaker. It's diverse. The generation before me told me what it was like, the jobs, the ups and downs and the violence. We put that generation to shame it terms of excessiveness. 30 years ago a stabbing or someone having the life literally beat out of them was not as common. Now it's weird to have a month without violence threatening lives.

We are snowflakes yet we have been catagorized as the nastiest generation also with happy slapping old age pensioners for a bag of laughs.

Make your minds up you silly old farts because there is plenty of "millennials" more than willing to do ot for you

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

As a "millennial" I honestly think people need to take their rose tinted glasses off and stop with the nonsensical "hate" towards a generation of humans. A generation that is more diverse than any before, yet they are all the same apparantly.

From what I've seen in real life and not social media... In the council estates... People of this weak generation are stronger and weaker. It's diverse. The generation before me told me what it was like, the jobs, the ups and downs and the violence. We put that generation to shame it terms of excessiveness. 30 years ago a stabbing or someone having the life literally beat out of them was not as common. Now it's weird to have a month without violence threatening lives.

We are snowflakes yet we have been catagorized as the nastiest generation also with happy slapping old age pensioners for a bag of laughs.

Make your minds up you silly old farts because there is plenty of "millennials" more than willing to do ot for you

You young pup, show some respect to your elders or I will take a stick to your ass

What can say, we made it possible for the young ones to chouse what they wanted, so I guess we should respect it.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT thanks so in'm an x, never knew that.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Plenty of blame to go around.
Millennials got handed over $20 Trillion in debt...and Universities run by ideological morons who teach them nothing of practical use or value.
edit on 4-7-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Nope sorry,I disagree.....Google is a search engine and it will connect data no human would have the longevity to connect.

There may be 1000 year old books but if you cannot discover a relevance to the data in the book its simply data useless to you....however when you use a search engine it shows you what OTHERS are looking at and how they are treating this data....

I was hooped by WCB Canada....they used their SOP disenfranchisement techniques and sandbagged my life,so I made lemonade,and wha la here I am sharing data I think is important all thanks to their crooked ways.Once I realised what was being done to me I GOOGLED IT........and suddenly conspiracies became very real indeed...they outright lied and I couldnt do anything about it....no Government help,no legal help,no police involvement,EVERYONE IS AFRAID OF WCB.You see this is unacceptable.So because I was injured and had a lot of time to learn....well I did....as ANYONE WOULD GIVEN SO MUCH DOWN TIME......so thank you WCB because the 1000s of people you screw over every year are EXCELLENT POTENTIAL TRUTHERS....they simply have to become learned enough to NOT WASTE TIME EXPOSING YOU WCB BUT INSTEAD FOCUS ON YOUR PALS.......so you build your own doom.....lol....education is difficult unless you are motivated and passionate or FORCED INTO IT like WCB forces so many innocent victims into being.

Nope ...TPTB have no unilteral internet controls.....its impossible to accomplish....will they try....lol....sure why not...they are always trying to force their reality upon others....lol.

TPTB are always trying to keep up.....yes they will systemiclly destroy books now ....imagine how many books a BILLION DOLLARS BUYS WHEN THEY ARE A PENNY BOOK AND SOLD BY THE TONNE ON AMAZON???..................once the bulk of the books re gone for a cost of PENNIES and the greed of a few is used to hurt the many as TPTB lways do.....then they will try to remove online data ...and wha-la we will NEVER BE ABLE TO RE-POST MOST OF THE ONLINE DATA YOU SEE TODAY.

However....lol....it only takes ONE GOOD MAN OR WOMAN TO CHANGE EVERYTHING......and my money says the internet has or will provide the right good person with the impetus and ammunition to defend humanity BEFORE TPTB CAN DRIVE US ALL BACK INTO AN ARTIFICIALLY CREATED DARK AGES.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

You old dog you :p didn't you're elders teach you that respect is a two-way street

But honestly my generation is huge and diverse, the ones who will steer our ships have learned from you and the past and quite frankly we demand as much change as your lot once did. We may not protest like they did in the past but we also realise free love and flowers achieves nothing. Veitnam still dragged on didn't it?

No, my generation inherited the gavel and it's for us to caste judgement on our futures.

Using social media as a study point and as proof my generation are weak-chinned is about as accurate as stating the boomers were all hippies drugged off their nut preaching and protesting for... Well, hippy BS.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge or stereotype the past, since it's you're lot that gave us the power and right not to be stereotyped our selves. Plenty is still being fought for in terms of rights and we are making progress

Cheers for your efforts, we've got it from here.

Just to add:
I believe people are stupid but individuals are not, don't put creedence in social media, the general chit-chat of all generations tends to be nonesense and ill-reflective.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Called a coworker out on her bs in my previous job, good thing I got fired from that job. New job actually works to find ways to improve your pay the longer you work. Dealt with a jerk who even the older employees can't stand, actually went to HR on that dude, straightened him out. Plant management is quite well actually, not best or brightest in some instances but they trust and listen to employees. Upper management kind of dumb and try one sized fits all in the plants, all the generations are calling it out. Some supervisors aren't exactly the greatest and are more touchy than the special snowflake generation and get constantly called on it. The previous job was everything opposite.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990
Well said young pup. I hope your children( by that I mean your gen) will look back with kindness

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Isn't th internet and social media a wonder at making this youngest generation look insane?

As a lot of people have said in the thread, it's always been old vrs new, it's just that baby boomers and even the top end gen X kids created monsters and didn't know it.
I have worked with many millennials and they do hard work, but give them an of rope, and they'll take a mile. Once that phone hits their eyes, they get sucked in.

I grew up in the early awkward days of mainstream internet, and when MySpace and Facebook, yahoo chat, MSN etc were all new, my daily routine went from spending my evening watching tv and playing video games, to video games chat rooms, and refreshing websites.
Cellphones have pretty much replaced that with this generation.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join